What's new

Rumors: Pakistan to acquire five C-130J Super Hercules

Status
Not open for further replies.
if chinese Y-8 are cheaper go for them instead of expensive c130 and save money for other weapons procurement

Question: We currently have an active program to upgrade some of our C-130s to C-130E. What happens to that?

Above order means, we are expanding transport fleet and not only replacing it. Since upgrades of some old birds are on too.

I'd rather its kept a secret till they have arrived in pakistan.

Also i'd love to see y-20 in paf colors someday.
Best of luck pakistan armed forces. We support u with prayers money and assistance always.

I would highly suggest for armed forces to stay away from american dependance . Especially block 70 f-16.

These transport ships are ok i guess but the less we rely on american stuff and stuff with american components the better.

Distance ourselves from usa dependence as much as we can thank you.

Last edited:
For the last few weeks I been thinking that PAF really needs some more new C130 J. And here we have news.

While more expensive to set up a second supply chain, a silver lining in having both PW and GE could be more opportunities for our engineers working on Project AZM. The Turks plan to use the GE F110 as the initial engine for their T-FX project.

If we can get a decent number of Zulus and Whiskey Cobras, we should also try to get some UH-1Y Venoms for the SSG.

commonality of parts with the AH-1Z, ease of maintenance, could be used in the naval role for SAR or ASW or Naval SSG, and it’s cheaper then the Blackhawk.
Actually Alan warns predicted UH-1Y along zulus when deal was signed but rest is history his thesis was on Common engines.

Actually Alan warns predicted UH-1Y along zulus when deal was signed but rest is history his thesis was on Common engines.

Ease of maintenance and commonality of engines are two straight forward aspects that make the acquisition a logical step, but I was think in terms of the need by the navy for a larger and longer endurance Western ASW platform to go with the new Milgem Corvettes.

The Turks have similar experience with their Bell AB-212 in the ASW role, and could easily offer a suite to equip the UH-1Y. We maybe able to source the ASW suite for the NH-90 from the Italians to equip on the UH-1Y if the Indians have already committed to the American Seahawks for their Western based ASW helicopter needs.

Those are still being negotiated. On the Hercs, Contract signed.
Will be a good stopgap measure if happens....
But i wonder how'll we pay. PAF must be aiming for 2 squadron atleast. They should go for 2 in 1 go rather than getting 1with option of 1 more. Bht USA is also not that reliable maybe that's why they'll go for 1. Achievement will be to get newer versions of Aim-120s though but its a long and rough way ahead.

USINPAC is and will actively try to block all deals through both democratic and republican allies. This includes likely Vice President candidate Kamala Harris (although unlikely to win the elections

Kamala harris is part of USINPAC ?

I think Joe biden is going to be beneficial to Pak. But sometimes I even doubt my own assessment since trump hasn't been bad for Pakistan. No drone strikes , apart from CSF thing , it has been relatively good. Designated BLA as terrorist org, gave funds via IMF and other agencies , praises and other good comments , allowing 5 year visas to Pakistanis .. I think , with enough time , CSF might also be resumed.

May whatever happens, turn out good for Pakistan's future. Ameen

One thing, I would like to add.. members, who are saying that we should turn to China for transport fleet.. Its so expensive....
Bhai, we have already spent the money under CSF. The money is outstanding dues, which US need to pay to Pakistan. Off-course, they will never pay in cash. We need to find a solution to get that money/equipment...

Trust those, who are sitting on the helm of affairs. They are as patriotic Pakistanis as we (mango) pdf(ians) are

USINPAC is and will actively try to block all deals through both democratic and republican allies. This includes likely Vice President candidate Kamala Harris (although unlikely to win the elections
indians aren’t that strong in capitol hill as they use to be.
many things happened after trump took over one of them is white american dream to be back.
if someone have been to US they would know how indians r stealing away anything they get there hands on feom white americans
another nail on the coffin was when americans had to retreat from afghanistan cos there alies never showed up with the boots on ground they always promised
and cherry on top was 27 feb
we r doing good with americans as long as we ourselves don’t mess it up yet again things r looking good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom