What's new

Rio Olympics 2016: Team China News and Images

China can do well without Africans, just not in track and field.

The olympics is often a reflection of a nations strength and standing. Im sure China will stay no.2 here but anything less is out of the question.

Its just day one you clown.
If I were European in US, I would be extremely frustrated to see their team formation.
I agree with you, no need to import people not of our own origin.
For some small and short-time benefits like low-quality labor and sport, but to import disharmony, not a really good idea in the long run.

---------------------------------------------

China's sixth medal and first gold so far
Zhang Mengxue
women's 10m air pistol title.

10.9!!!!
1232121.jpg

2313123.jpg

433.jpg

121.jpg
13232.jpg

Last edited:
Look at the lack of Africans in the gold medal winners. Just backing up your claim. Maybe you need some white people.

Yes it great to have a horde of unproductive members of society. Its all worth it because they bring in a few gold in teack and field every few years.

NOT!

Need white people? No, I just need you to get lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it great to have a horde of unproductive members of society. Never mind the strain of section 8 housing and EBT and food stamps and teenage pregnancy. Its all worth it because they bring in a few gold in teack and field every few years.

NOT!

Need white people? No, I just need you to get lost.
We need to do everything to prevent what has happened broad.
Several sportsmen and rap singers are not worth it!
https://defence.pk/threads/americas...hat-can-we-learn-and-prevent-in-china.442788/

OK OK, now we should not discuss on such serious problem in this thread.
Now, back to sport alone, stick to the title:
Team China in Rio 2016: news and updates

China can do well without Africans, just not in track and field.

The olympics is often a reflection of a nations strength and standing. Im sure China will stay no.2 here but anything less is out of the question.

Its just day one you clown.

It's funny how some people get a sense that he is superior due to other people within their country winning a gold. Congrats to the American athletes for doing so well in all the Olympics I have seen, but some American Indian feel that it is him who actually won the medal :D

If I were European in US, I would be extremely frustrated to see their team formation.
I agree with you, no need to import people not of our own origin.
For some small and short-time benefits like low-quality labor and sport, but to import inharmony, not a really good idea in the long run.

---------------------------------------------

China's sixth medal and first gold so far
Zhang Mengxue
women's 10m air pistol title.

10.9!!!!
View attachment 324047

View attachment 324046

View attachment 324044

View attachment 324045 View attachment 324040

China just need to revamp the way they select and train the athletes. No need to import anyone. Ye Shiwen had injuries and did not fare well. However they did not choose another Chinese swimmer to take her place.

It's funny how some people get a sense that he is superior due to other people within their country winning a gold. Congrats to the American athletes for doing so well in all the Olympics I have seen, but some American Indian feel that it is him who actually won the medal :D

China just need to revamp the way they select and train the athletes. No need to import anyone. Ye Shiwen had injuries and did not fare well. However they did not choose another Chinese swimmer to take her place.

It must be a merit based system.

Competition for places is very important to develop a sport.

Just because someone is a former champion doesn't mean they get automatic preference over another up and coming athlete.

American swimming system is very competitive. If Phelps didn't do well in American Olympic trials, he won't make the American team. He doesn't just get automatic entry because of his past performances.

Phelps could be out of form.

If Ye Shiwen wasn't in form, then she should not be competing. Another Chinese swimmer could have done well.

It must be a merit based system.

Competition for places is very important to develop a sport.

Just because someone is a former champion doesn't mean they get automatic preference over another up and coming athlete.

American swimming system is very competitive. If Phelps didn't do well in American Olympic trials, he won't make the American team. He doesn't just get automatic entry because of his past performances.

Phelps could be out of form.

If Ye Shiwen wasn't in form, then she should not be competing. Another Chinese swimmer could have done well.

That's why I don't like China's current system. Past performance doesn't indicated future win. On a side note, one of the US' volleyball player had to compete with 250 other volleyball athletes for a spot on the team. That's why they are so good.

That's why I don't like China's current system. Past performance doesn't indicated future win. On a side note, one of the US' volleyball player had to compete with 250 other volleyball athletes for a spot on the team. That's why they are so good.

Competition brings the best out of people. If you're guaranteed to qualify regardless of your performances, then you don't try as hard, train as hard, are not motivated.

Only a merit based system where the best athletes are chosen will take China to number 1 in sports.

Sports officials opinion should not matter, it's all about whether an athlete can beat their fellow athletes when it matters, under pressure, in one race.

Athletes lose form all the time. Just because you were great few years ago don't mean you can win now.

China must tweak its system.

China's coaches really messed up the 53kg women's weightlifting. Chinese Lifter Li Yajun was leading after Snatch round, with Taipei second. In the C&J round, Taipei's coaches unexpectedly opens up with a VERY low weight of 112kg, which she made easily, this gave her a total. China's stubborn coaches refuses to open with an equally light weight of 113kg, instead they stick to their original game plan of opening with 123kg. 113kg would've been a warmup weight for Li and she would've been GUARANTEED at least a silver because all other lifters had already finished their lifts.

Li misses the opening 123kg, and then her other 2 lifts and bombs out without a total. Her bombing out gave Taiwan the Gold, but even worst for China, her bombing out, gave Phillipines the Silver and South Korea the Bronze. Korea would've been out of the medals if Li Yajun made any of her lifts.

China's coaches really messed up the 53kg women's weightlifting. Chinese Lifter Li Yajun was leading after Snatch round, with Taipei second. In the C&J round, Taipei's coaches unexpectedly opens up with a VERY low weight of 112kg, which she made easily, this gave her a total. China's stubborn coaches refuses to open with an equally light weight of 113kg, instead they stick to their original game plan of opening with 123kg. 113kg would've been a warmup weight for Li and she would've been GUARANTEED at least a silver because all other lifters had already finished their lifts.

Li misses the opening 123kg, and then her other 2 lifts and bombs out without a total. Her bombing out gave Taiwan the Gold, but even worst for China, her bombing out, gave Phillipines the Silver and South Korea the Bronze. Korea would've been out of the medals if Li Yajun made any of her lifts.

That was the stupidest miss of a medal in this olympics. Rather, even the Gold was reserved for her, but they all messed up.

China seems to be messing up all the best opportunities to win gold.

I'm having the feeling this could be one of the worst Olympics for China if things go as horribly as it has.

China messed up 4 gold chances on day 1.
Unreal choking.

I'm having the feeling this could be one of the worst Olympics for China if things go as horribly as it has.

Unreal choking.

next up is the 56kg mens weightlifting. China is not looking for gold, because the North Korean lifter is the world record holder. Best China can hope for is Silver. My worries is the Men's 77kg and 85kg, both Chinese lifters are good for Gold, but in the last World Championships, they also bombed out in the C&J round. China's coaches should stop being so stubborn and think about opening up at lower weights in the C&J to guarantee a total.

Last edited:
next up is the 56kg mens weightlifting. China is not looking for gold, because the North Korean lifter is the world record holder. Best China can hope for is Silver. My worries is the Men's 77kg and 85kg, both Chinese lifters are good for Gold, but in the last World Championships, they also bombed out in the C&J round. China's coaches should stop being so stubborn and think about opening up at lower weights in the C&J to guarantee a total.
Chinese coaches are too stubborn. Get with the time. These coaches must go. If you need to bring in foreign coaches, go ahead. i see Australia diving team having Chinese coaches and they won bronze.

Unreal choking.

China sucks

in this olympic. Beijing was a fluke. The male athletes are not strong enough to win the best spectator events.

Back
Top Bottom