What's new

Renewable Energy in Turkey

I just googled and could only feed-in-tarifs in Dollars. Would be pretty bad for us.

They will possibly export turbines to somewhere, then sell the land to one company

I read on news that Russians are interested in those power plants. They wanna buy 'em and bring cheap gas from Russia and produce electricity.

I think good investment for Russians. On the flipside, it's good for us as well.

still fossil fuel, not sustainable in the long run. The idea is to generate power by our nations own means (wind and water etc.).

It's my own prediction for 2025, may be wrong but seems realistic for me with current invertment plans and company applications for energy power plants;

>Wind : %20 (right now %5,5)
>Hydroelectric : %15 (right now %25)
>Nuclear : %10 (right now %0)
>Geothermal : %7 (right now %1,5)
>Solar : %5 (right now %0.5)
>Biomass : %3 (right now %0,7)
>Lignite Coal : %14 (right now %16)
>Imported Coal: %14 (right now %17)
>Natural Gas : %10 (right now %33)
>Others : %2 (right now %2,5)

You're wrong with Coal, the government plans on investing a lot in the vast coal reserves.

They do, actually there are dozen Lignite coal power plant projects, but it doesnt mean my coal prediction is wrong. Lignite Coal Power Plant capacity will increase for sure, but our Electricity usage will also double itself. Current plans of Lignite Coal can only maintain current level of the share of total electricity generation, if not reduce.

>Solar : %5 (right now %0.5)
According to government's investment plans, Solar PV investments will take off especially after 2024. However until 2024 main energy investments will be on wind power as you also suggested. That's because currently wind power is cheaper and more accessible than solar PV

Today, new record could be broken from wind turbines (there would be more than 100 MWh electricity generation during the day)

edit : Record has been broken with 105MWh

GPBryN.png

Last edited:
Pn75j6.png

In 2014, Natural Gas and Import Coal based Electricity Generation was equal to %62

77BojP.png

In 2016, same figure reduced to %50. Hopefully it will reduce under %25 in 2023.

Turkey adds 10 new power plants to the grid in January

Ten new power plants, seven of which use renewal energy, which are capable of producing 103.9 megawatts of power, were put into use in January in Turkey.

According to the data released by the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, Turkey's installed capacity in electricity production has now reached 78,601 megawatts.

Out of the power plants which went into service in January, 50 of the 103.9 megawatts are being produced by the coal and cogeneration power plant in northern Karabük province.

In January, a two-megawatt and a one-megawatt natural gas combined cycle plants went into service in Balıkesir and Aydın provinces.

Wind power plants made up 35.7 percent of total production capacity added to the national grid in January. Four wind power plants with a combined capacity of 37.09 megawatts were put into use in Manisa, Afyonkarahisar, Kırklareli and Balıkesir provinces.

Meanwhile, three hydroelectric power plants with a capacity of 13.8 megawatts were put into use in the northern provinces of Zonguldak, Giresun and Rize, making up 13.3 percent of the production capacity added in January.

The remaining five percent added capacity in January came from biomass, geothermal and other resources.

Despite investments, the production capacity added in January was 56 percent lower when compared to the same month last year.
source: http://www.dailysabah.com/energy/2017/02/02/turkey-adds-10-new-power-plants-to-the-grid-in-january

Pn75j6.png

In 2014, Natural Gas and Import Coal based Electricity Generation was equal to %62

77BojP.png

In 2016, same figure reduced to %50. Hopefully it will reduce under %25 in 2023.
Central anatolia has vast unused land and many sun hours per year, why are they wasting this potential, solar energy is basically non existent in those charts.

Solar energy farm in California.

Topaz_Solar_Farm%2C_California_Valley.jpg

1920px-Ivanpah_Solar_Power_Facility_Online.jpg

Central anatolia has vast unused land and many sun hours per year, why are they wasting this potential, solar energy is basically non existent in those charts.

I posted a study by PWC a few months ago. We dont know why but the government does not plan on subsidzing solar power as they do wind power in short to mid-term. Instead they want to exploit the coal reserves first. And support solar after that.

Maybe they're waiting for domestic manufacturing capabilities to be established.

Maybe they're waiting for domestic manufacturing capabilities to be established.
Currently PV's efficiency are pretty low in comparison to other green energy sources, in addition to that wind power generates more and is more profitabe in the short term. As far as i remember solar PV will be subsidized from around 2025. Currently as you correctly underline wind energy gets the lion's share of government subsidies

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom