What's new

Renewable Energy in Turkey

why are they closing ? are they going to built wind turbines also ?
Because importing expensive gas and using it to produce electricity, is not logical. :)

I would be happy if we can close all the natural gas plants.

Natural gas has a place in the Turkey as long as its not rip-off prices like the ones of Iran or Russia.

Iraq and the Azeris on the other hand offer fairer prices.

Because importing expensive gas and using it to produce electricity, is not logical. :)

I would be happy if we can close all the natural gas plants.
This is why We need to advance on tech.
Wish, if we could communicate better with South Korea and Japan.

We dont have gas and oil like ME or Russia but we have a great potential for green energy. Solar, wind, hydro and thermal, possible nuclear too.

Making oil and gas more expensive doesn't really help it only makes it worse for itself, If you take actions. Luckily we dont depend much on it like EU. EU is going to fall without any energy source.

The most important thing is going to be water resource and reserves. we need to keep it safe as possible and use it efficient. For example adding water recycling centers. Firat and Dicle plays a huge role in its region. Don't want to see it being like Aral or Urmiye gölü.

ME has a great potential for solar but there is no life. It doesnt matter going on green lol.

Have you ever heard about the "energy conservation rate"?

Turkey Seeking Renewables Industry With Make-It-Here Rules
by
Anna Hirtenstein
and
Onur Ant
November 21, 2016 — 11:00 PM EST November 22, 2016 — 7:14 AM EST
  • Nation will have the strictest local content rules for PV
  • Upcoming tender seen as ‘turning point’ for solar market
Turkey is seeking to become a manufacturing hub for the renewable-energy industry by implementing the world’s strictest rules on local content.

The nation that straddles the European and Asian continents is opening itself to overseas investors in a tender for utility-scale renewable energy contracts. Winners will be required to build photovoltaic panels within Turkey.

“The aspiration of the Turkish government is to actually encourage investors to establish a manufacturing facility in Turkey, for job creation, R&D and transfer of know-how,” said Andi Aranitasi, senior banker at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, in a phone interview.

Turkey’s new rules would make it more difficult for developers to work there, according to Bloomberg New Energy Finance. More than three-quarters of all the photovoltaics sold are made in China, where companies including Trina Solar Ltd. and JinkoSolar Holding Co. have been driving down production costs.

While local content requirements have been a staple of oil-rich countries for decades, it has only recently begun to seep into the clean energy space. Brazil made it mandatory for developers to make a certain percentage of wind turbines within its borders, although the machines are mostly just assembled locally.

The Turkish government’s solar tender may be valued at as high as $1.3 billion and will take place mid-December, according to the EBRD. The deal offers the winning bidder a 15-year power purchase agreement with a price ceiling of $80 per megawatt-hour. Building a solar panel manufacturing plant is mandatory.

“That’s a lot to ask of your bidder, and the price isn’t that high. I would be surprised if there were many bidders,” said Jenny Chase, head of solar analysis at Bloomberg New Energy Finance. “Historically solar tenders have always been oversubscribed. This might be the turning point.

The EBRD has worked with the government in Ankara on its national renewable energy action plan that targets at least 5 gigawatts of solar by 2023, up from around 600 megawatts currently. Turkey imports 75 percent of its energy. The government is prioritizing a shift to local sources, including renewables, according to the development bank.

It slapped a 50 percent tariff on solar panel imports in July, further discouraging developers from shopping abroad for their equipment.

For wind, Turkey currently has an incentive program that offers incremental raises in the feed-in tariff if turbine components are made locally. If the entire turbine is made in Turkey, the price paid by the government for electricity generated could be as much as 50 percent higher than the standard tariff, according to Aranitasi.

“For the new solar tender, what we know is that there is not going to be a component by component addition to the feed-in tariff,” he said. “All the details aren’t out yet though.”

China’s solar manufacturing industry has been fragmenting in recent years, with companies setting up factories in countries such as Malaysia and Thailand to avoid trade wars, according to Chase.

“However, I genuinely don’t think you’re going to get globally competitive solar manufacturing right away in Turkey,” Chase said. “It’s not an existing manufacturing base, the cost of materials is much cheaper in Asia.”
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...urkey-faces-economic-sabotage-as-lira-plunges

http://www.enerjiatlasi.com/haber/11-ayda-884-mw-ruzgar-santrali-devreye-alindi

2016 yılına kadar 4 bin 503 MW rüzgar santrali kurulumu yapılan ülkemizde 2016'nın ilk 11 aylık döneminde 884 MW kapasite eklenerek kurulu güç kısa süre içerisinde yüzde 20 artış kaydetti.

2015 yılının tamamında 956 MW ilave kapasite sisteme bağlanırken 2016 için taraflarca hedeflenen 1.000 MW psikolojik sınırı belki geçilemeyecek ama en azından 2016'nın da 2015 kadar ilave kapasite kazandırılan bir yıl olarak kapatılacağı söylenebilir.

DEVREYE ALINAN GÜCÜN %22'si İZMİR'DE
2016'nın 11 aylık döneminde devreye alınan kapasitenin yüzde 22'sine karşılık gelen 191 MWe'lik kısmı İzmir'de bulunurken, İzmir'i Balıkesir, Çanakkale gibi illerin takip etmesi beklenirken Kayseri'den sürpriz geldi. Aynı dönemde Kayseri'de 107 MWe rüzgar santrali devreye alınırken, Kayseri'yi 73'er MWe ile Osmaniye ve Balıkesir, 60 MWe ile Isparta, 47 MWe ile Edirne ve 42 MWe ile amasya takip etti. Tokat, Çanakkale, Sivas, Manisa, MErsin, Muğla, Yalova, Bursa, Kırşehir, Aydın, Hatay, İstanbul ve Kırklareli'ni kapsayan 13 ilde de 290 MWe rüzgar santrali devreye alındı.

http://www.enerjiatlasi.com/haber/11-ayda-884-mw-ruzgar-santrali-devreye-alindi

2016 yılına kadar 4 bin 503 MW rüzgar santrali kurulumu yapılan ülkemizde 2016'nın ilk 11 aylık döneminde 884 MW kapasite eklenerek kurulu güç kısa süre içerisinde yüzde 20 artış kaydetti.

2015 yılının tamamında 956 MW ilave kapasite sisteme bağlanırken 2016 için taraflarca hedeflenen 1.000 MW psikolojik sınırı belki geçilemeyecek ama en azından 2016'nın da 2015 kadar ilave kapasite kazandırılan bir yıl olarak kapatılacağı söylenebilir.

DEVREYE ALINAN GÜCÜN %22'si İZMİR'DE
2016'nın 11 aylık döneminde devreye alınan kapasitenin yüzde 22'sine karşılık gelen 191 MWe'lik kısmı İzmir'de bulunurken, İzmir'i Balıkesir, Çanakkale gibi illerin takip etmesi beklenirken Kayseri'den sürpriz geldi. Aynı dönemde Kayseri'de 107 MWe rüzgar santrali devreye alınırken, Kayseri'yi 73'er MWe ile Osmaniye ve Balıkesir, 60 MWe ile Isparta, 47 MWe ile Edirne ve 42 MWe ile amasya takip etti. Tokat, Çanakkale, Sivas, Manisa, MErsin, Muğla, Yalova, Bursa, Kırşehir, Aydın, Hatay, İstanbul ve Kırklareli'ni kapsayan 13 ilde de 290 MWe rüzgar santrali devreye alındı.

Translate to English bro..

I don't know why but i cannot edit that post. Can you put this translation in that post? @cabatli_53

translate;
884 MW wind power plant capacity added In the first 11 months of 2016 meanwhile 4503MW added until 2016. With the last investment, wind power capacity increased %20.

The 1000MW psychological record may not be broken in 2016 but there would be as much new added capacity as 2015, which is a good result.

%22 OF TOTAL NEW ADDED CAPACITY IS FROM IZMIR
191MW wind power plant (%22) built in Izmir in the forst 11 months of 2016. Kayseri(107MW), Balıkesir(73MW), Osmaniye(73MW), Isparta(60MW), Edirne(47MW), Amasya (42MW) are following after Izmir. Also total 290MW capacity added in Tokat, Çanakkale, Sivas, Manisa, MErsin, Muğla, Yalova, Bursa, Kırşehir, Aydın, Hatay, İstanbul and Kırklareli.

Last edited:
2017 will be the worst time to invest in solar power. USD will increase its value and I guess government will switch to TL from USD for paybacks.

The most important thing is going to be water resource and reserves. we need to keep it safe as possible and use it efficient. For example adding water recycling centers. Firat and Dicle plays a huge role in its region. Don't want to see it being like Aral or Urmiye gölü.

ME has a great potential for solar but there is no life. It doesnt matter going on green lol.
Turning all your agriculture into using hydroponics will save water like 90% or more

Back
Top Bottom