Remittances on rise, increase by 9.36% in January: Hafeez Shaikh

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Remittances on rise, increase by 9.36% in January: Hafeez Shaikh

Associated Press of Pakistan
03:13 PM | 14 Feb, 2020

remittances-on-rise-increase-by-9-36-percent-in-january-hafeez-shaikh-1581675223-8532.jpg

ISLAMABAD - Advisor to Prime Minister on Finance and Revenue Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh said Friday that the remittances were on rise as these increased by 9.36 percent in January 2020 compared to the same month of last year.

In a tweet on Friday morning, the Advisor said that the remittances during the last seven months also increased by 4.1 percent when compared to the corresponding period of last year.

The remittance during July-January (2019-20) were recorded at $13.30 billion compared to the remittances of $12.74 billion during July-January (2018-19), showing growth of 4.1 percent, the advisor said.

“Remittances on the rise. Increase by 9.36 percent in January 20 compared to January 19. Rise to $13.30 billion in Jul-Jan 2020, a growth of 4.1% compared to $12.74 billion during same period last year,” the advisor tweeted.

These 'remittances' are a curse to this nation only offering short-term relief, but destroying our national interests in the long-run.. the quicker we break away the shackles from the desert kingdoms and reclaim our sovereignty the better.

We need to industrialize NOW and FAST!.. Otherwise the CPEC project would be a failure.

Last edited:
These 'remittances' are a curse to this nation only offering short-term relief, but destroying our national interests in the long-run.. the quicker we break away the shackles from the desert kingdoms and reclaim our soverighty the better.

We need to industrialize NOW and FAST!.. Otherwise the CPEC project would be a failure.
Sir 16 industrial zones were envisioned under CPEC. Imagine the industrial output if all 16 were up and running now. The Nawaz government did not start even one in their five years. PTI started one (Faisalabad) they say 2 more will start before June let's see if it happens. We need atleast 10 zones by 2023.

Btw LSM grew nearly 10% in Dec 2019 compared to last year and 16% more than Nov 2019. So things are on the up.

These 'remittances' are a curse to this nation only offering short-term relief, but destroying our national interests in the long-run.. the quicker we break away the shackles from the desert kingdoms and reclaim our soverighty the better.

Do what you gotta do to industrialize but how remittances are curse? For now it’s remittances that keeping country afloat.

upload_2020-2-14_18-44-56.gif

g9Rw-d.jpg

Do what you gotta do to industrialize but how remittances are curse? For now it’s remittances that keeping country afloat.

Well Einstein.. when your national interests are compromised by either Riyadh or Abu Dhabi, who blackmail You by threatening to send back our expats if we don't toe their line.. then 'YES remmitances are a curse' expecially when they tell you to 'go stuff it' on Kashmir, whilst decorating the butcher next door with honorary medals, and legitimizing illegal occupation by staying mute, or killing off any platform to raise a voice.

These 'remittances' are a curse to this nation only offering short-term relief, but destroying our national interests in the long-run.. the quicker we break away the shackles from the desert kingdoms and reclaim our sovereignty the better.

Remitences are a curse?
Are you sane brother or what.
Do you need some physiological help or something. So basically India earning 60 billion and bangaldesh earning 40 billion is a curse to their countries.
Exporters are unable to increase exports and yet they criticise the Remitences.
Wah bhai Wah yar.
Thora sa research zaror ker liya kero, Haqeeqat TV jaisa fake channels kam dekha kero.

Remitences are a curse?
Do you need some physiological help or something. So basically India earning 60 billion and bangaldesh earning 40 billion is a curse to their countries.
Wah bhai Wah yar.
Thora sa research zaror ker liya kero, Haqeeqat TV jaisa fake channels kam dekha kero.

Dear misguided friend,

I never once disputed the fact that remittences are not easing our BoP woes, on the contrary my worries are that our 'dependence' on them is proving to be more troublesome, if you read my previous comment you'd understand why.. heck if you posted your comment in hindsight then, You yourself should seek psychiatric support.

Furthermore when you talk about 'research' at least get your key figures right i.e. Bangladesh annual remittence is way under $20 billion (closer to 15), whilst their exports are over $40 billion. They are not dependent on remittence as we are, ironically even though they were carved out of our dominion, today they are far more sovereign then we are today. Your gulf Pimps are quickly losing interest in our workforce, they are seen as a liability for the greater fruits being offered by the Hinduvta Kingdom, if you look at the demographic balance between Indians and Pakistans the figures will shock you i.e. in Kuwait: Indians to Pakistanis is approx 8:1! So the survival of our state depends on us getting back on our feet, we no longer can afford the nostalgic courtesan lifestyle you cherish so much.

Last edited:
Dear misguided friend,

I never once disputed the fact that remittences are not easing our BoP woes, on the contrary my worries are that our 'dependence' on them is proving to be more troublesome, if you read my previous comment you'd understand why.. heck if you posted your comment in hindsight then, You your self should seek psychiatric support, preferably in Canada, as their health care service is second to none.

Furthermore when you talk about 'research' at least get your key figures right i.e. Bangladesh annual remittence is way under $20 billion (closer to 15), whilst their exports are over $40 billion. They are not dependent on remittence as we are, ironically even though they were carved out of our dominion, today they are far more sovereign then we are today. Your gulf Pimps are quickly losing interest in our workforce, they are seen as a liability for the greater fruits being offered by the Hinduvta Kingdom, if you look at the demographic balance between Indians and Pakistans the figures will shock you i.e. in Kuwait: Indians to Pakistanis is approx 8:1! So the survival of our state depends on us getting back on our feet, we no longer can afford the nostalgic courtesan lifestyle you cherish so much.

Not to forget that the prices of goods in Pakistan are increasing because of these remittances and spending by overseas Pakistanis.

Overseas Pakistanis and the money they bring in are a curse on Pakistan.

g9Rw-d.jpg

Well Einstein.. when your national interests are compromised by either Riyadh or Abu Dhabi, who blackmail You by threatening to send back our expats if we don't toe their line.. then 'YES remmitances are a curse' expecially when they tell you to 'go stuff it' on Kashmir, whilst decorating the butcher next door with honorary medals, and legitimizing illegal occupation by staying mute, or killing off any platform to raise a voice.

upload_2020-2-18_22-20-30.gif

You national interest are comprised because you have a broke economy, corrupt society and foreign policies run by wussies. It has nothing to do with remittances. Take out remittances and nothing will change expect one things, and that will be Pakistan filings for bankruptcy.

Not to forget that the prices of goods in Pakistan are increasing because of these remittances and spending by overseas Pakistanis.

Overseas Pakistanis and the money they bring in are a curse on Pakistan.

Or maybe your lazy dumb *** that ain't doing nothing to help Pakistan while sitting there is the real curse? The money the overseas Pakistanis bring is through their hardwork, your family ain't paying them nothing to be an expat. If you had a bit of a brain you would be earning more than talking cheap.

Remitences are a curse?
Wah bhai Wah yar.
dude pls do some research too Bangladesh remittances are even less then Pakistan and not 40 billion.

You national interest are comprised because you have a broke economy, corrupt society and foreign policies run by wussies. It has nothing to do with remittances. Take out remittances and nothing will change expect one things, and that will be Pakistan filings for bankruptcy.

Yes there are many factors that are contributing to our economic woes, but depending on remittances so heavily is NOT sustainable (it's roughly the size of our exports). Likewise I never said "Hey lets dump remittances" any villiage idiot knows it's what keeping Pakistan afloat, so I don't know why you are stirring up unnecessary confrontation over nothing; I mean we both agree abysmal exports need to increase, so my guess what probably triggered you was my previous comments on select few GCC tyrants.. but for a person who thinks Pakistan 'betrayed' them for not sending its children to go die for the 'honour' of the great man that is MBS et al, well it would be waste of my precious time to continue this charade.

However before I excuse myself, since I know you love soliciting so much; there's a profession that may interest you ..heck you can collect a few extra coin for Pakistan, though I must warn you.. this is not sanctioned by our fate and culturally is frowned upon, but for a person who does not care over the spilling of innocent muslim blood, this is too insignificant to bother you:

Yes there are many factors that are contributing to our economic woes, but depending on remittances so heavily is NOT sustainable (it's roughly the size of our exports). Likewise I never said "Hey lets dump remittances" any villiage idiot knows it's what keeping Pakistan afloat, so I don't know why you are stirring up unnecessary confrontation over nothing; I mean we both agree abysmal exports need to increase, so my guess what probably triggered you was my previous comments on select few GCC tyrants.. but for a person who thinks Pakistan 'betrayed' them for not sending its children to go die for the 'honour' of the great man that is MBS et al, well it would be waste of my precious time to continue this charade.

However before I excuse myself, since I know you love soliciting so much; there's a profession that may interest you ..heck you can collect a few extra coin for Pakistan, though I must warn you.. this is not sanctioned by our fate and culturally is frowned upon, but for a person who does not care over the spilling of innocent muslim blood, this is too insignificant to bother you:

Now you are talking irrelevant nonsense. I don’t care who these deserts dwellers Do with their money. All I care, what they have for us. What does this unknown individual throwing money has anything to do with hardworking workforce sending remittances or Pakistan foreign Office policies. Looks like you are high on Ayatollah propaganda. Compose your thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom