What's new

Remembering Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

wahi na yar...shaadi, birthday etc are supposed to be happy events......ye dry day ke wajah se i fail to understand ki ye birth anniversary hai ya death... :-( ...by d way, I ve stocked up. ;)....it is not just 2 but 8 is also dry day...this is called as gandhi saptaha....in mumbai it is very difficult to get liquor when its dry day... :-(
Tumhare support main baat kya kar di , tum apna stock ka show off karne lag gaye.

Yahan ek hindustani bhai pyasaa hai aur tum daaru ki bottle se chida rahe ho........mera din bhi aayega...:D

That is the reason why it isnt allowed as shown in previous threads, comments inevitably end up in a pi55ing contest and results in insulting one anothers leaders. However facts must be spoken and if Indians think the dirt on Gandhi's collar is cleaned by their million mantra talking about his good deeds, then you are mistaken and his evil past cannot be ignored, especially and mostly of what he did and his beliefs towards black people whilst in South Africa..........
No one cares what you think when world's best minds have accepted him as a important figure in world History. He is considered second after Albert Einstein in the Top people of 20th century.

Oh please.......... Gandhi is only seen by the side the Indians wish to see him, and many people I met in the West also saw him in the light he was portrayed by Indians and the like, however his true character and life has never been told properly or taught to people as it would put any civilised person to shame........ racist/fascist and many other labels would be a common title for Gandhi (and before the gauntlet of minions here decide to question that last part, I would be happy to bring forward quotes from his own memoirs) ......... this sort of thread should not be opened and I believe it is against forum rules also

He was a man, so he is subject to the same flaws as anyone else. Yes, I have heard quotes where he says black people are inferior. He was also an Anarchist, not a guy that wanted democracy. Infact he said that if India was to become a democracy, we would fail. There were also recent reports that he could have been bisexual/gay (nothing wrong with that though).

Now he was a 19th century guy. The fact that he wanted Hindus and Muslims to be united while being a staunch Hindu himself, was in itself awesome. Considering the times that he lived in.

You cannot judge Gandhi by the same standards that you judge people today. We have a lot of politically correct BS today and we live in different times.

But the thing we remember him for, are his principles. And his adherence to them. He could have had a comfortable life elsewhere, given the fact that he was educated, but he chose to come down to India, bear the enormous burden of an entire nation looking upto him, while steadfastly holding on to his principles and leading by example. He got beat down, called racist names by the Brits, sent to jail. While never raising a finger against the very people that beat him down. All for what? For freedom. Not just for him, but for an entire nation. That is what he is known for, and that is why we respect him.

So let the man rest in peace. And let us not make him turn in his grave.

Show some fuckin respect. He fought for you too.

Gandhi once wrote a letter to his "dear friend" urging him not to go to war -- This friend was Hitler.

What about his other German friend? The wrestler of the "upper house"? Was he a Nazi?

Oh please.......... Gandhi is only seen by the side the Indians wish to see him, and many people I met in the West also saw him in the light he was portrayed by Indians and the like, however his true character and life has never been told properly or taught to people as it would put any civilised person to shame........ racist/fascist and many other labels would be a common title for Gandhi (and before the gauntlet of minions here decide to question that last part, I would be happy to bring forward quotes from his own memoirs) ......... this sort of thread should not be opened and I believe it is against forum rules also

every individual is free to have their own opinion. but in general ALL countries in world except Pakistan sees Gandhiji in positive light. So either whole world is wrong, or there is something wrong with Pakistan.

His 'my experiments with truth' is really nice book to read.
He has his failings(he was a politician after all) but was certainly a person with heart at right place.

He was a man, so he is subject to the same flaws as anyone else. Yes, I have heard quotes where he says black people are inferior. He was also an Anarchist, not a guy that wanted democracy. Infact he said that if India was to become a democracy, we would fail. There were also recent reports that he could have been bisexual/gay (nothing wrong with that though).

Now he was a 19th century guy. The fact that he wanted Hindus and Muslims to be united while being a staunch Hindu himself, was in itself awesome. Considering the times that he lived in.

You cannot judge Gandhi by the same standards that you judge people today. We have a lot of politically correct BS today and we live in different times.

But the thing we remember him for, are his principles. And his adherence to them. He could have had a comfortable life elsewhere, given the fact that he was educated, but he chose to come down to India, bear the enormous burden of an entire nation looking upto him, while steadfastly holding on to his principles and leading by example. He got beat down, called racist names by the Brits, sent to jail. While never raising a finger against the very people that beat him down. All for what? For freedom. Not just for him, but for an entire nation. That is what he is known for, and that is why we respect him.

So let the man rest in peace. And let us not make him turn in his grave.

Show some fuckin respect. He fought for you too.

Yes, and Hitler also did wonders for Germans at first also, then his true nature came forward....... Gandhi is a man in reverse, nothing else...........

The mere fact that you acknowledge the fact that he does not see other human beings as his equals in itself shows what kind of person he was and what you are today........

He never has seen Muslims as equal, the very reason why Pakistan was created in the first place (different argument for a different thread) nonetheless, the fact that he calls black people one step above monkeys and refused to live next to a black man shows this mans character....... polishing him with gloss doesn't and hasn't taken away his past. Many a people I have met and when explained about his past abhor him for it and why shouldn't they, with views no different then Nazis, KKK, Combat 18, etc etc etc

1101300331_400.jpg

This 1930 Time magazine cover image of Mahatma Gandhi

TIME Magazine Cover: Mahatma Gandhi - Mar. 31, 1930 - India - Philosophers - M.K. Gandhi - Revolutionaries

CHUTIA ... Biggest one... Cause of this chutia.. India is still suffering from muslim cancer...

every individual is free to have their own opinion. but in general ALL countries in world except Pakistan sees Gandhiji in positive light. So either whole world is wrong, or there is something wrong with Pakistan.

As I have said, many a people I talk to in the West who didn't know about Gandhi's hidden past abhor him when it is pointed out........ it is a matter of education, and it is slowly coming to light....

and it is not just Pakistan by the way

Penn & Teller BS: Holier Than Thou pt 1/3 - YouTube

Thats just one part

Yes, and Hitler also did wonders for Germans at first also, then his true nature came forward....... Gandhi is a man in reverse, nothing else...........

The mere fact that you acknowledge the fact that he does not see other human beings as his equals in itself shows what kind of person he was and what you are today........

He never has seen Muslims as equal, the very reason why Pakistan was created in the first place (different argument for a different thread) nonetheless, the fact that he calls black people one step above monkeys and refused to live next to a black man shows this mans character....... polishing him with gloss doesn't and hasn't taken away his past. Many a people I have met and when explained about his past abhor him for it and why shouldn't they, with views no different then Nazis, KKK, Combat 18, etc etc etc

Hitler didnt do any wonders for the German people. He simply took from the Jews and gave it to the Germans. And it all fell apart in a few years. And Gandhi was anti-war. Hitler's whole Lebensraum, anti-communist ideology called for war. Gandhi was a leftist, and Hitler was a far-right extremist. There are huge differences in both their ideologies.

Again the KKK, Nazis and Combat 18 are far right wing extremist groups. Gandhi was hardly a far right wing guy. He was a left winger. Anarchism is the ultimate goal of communism.

Now as far as his racism goes, like I said he was a 19th century man. He is not pure or whatever. He is a man with his own flaws. But no man has done what he has done for the country. Also, all these racism charges have never been proved conclusively.

And you accuse Indians of not considering people as equals? When your own school system is the very reason that makes you speak this way? When you are taught that non muslims are inferior to others? Nice try. Go clean your own backyard and then lets worry about the dirt on mine.

@Thor - It was Gandhji because of whom you got a very good deal during partition and that was most probably the reason for his death......if it was Patel in place of Gandhi, you would have got GPL....it is so disgraceful of you people that after separation you just not have forgotten but started insulting people like Gandhi and Bhagat Singh...really, you cant be trusted!!! it seems there is no musal iman left in muslims....only jihad and extremism is left over i suppose!

@Thor - It was Gandhji because of whom you got a very good deal during partition and that was most probably the reason for his death......if it was Patel in place of Gandhi, you would have got GPL....it is so disgraceful of you people that after separation you just not have forgotten but started insulting people like Gandhi and Bhagat Singh...really, you cant be trusted!!! it seems there is no musal iman left in muslims....only jihad and extremism is left over i suppose!

Oh please, an Indian is talking about iman being left says alot....... I can sit here and berate Indians to no end, however the topic is about Gandhi and as such, Gandhi is the centre of topic........

Muslims demanded a homeland and made Jihad for it tirelessly, and it wasn't Gandhi there giving Independence out to anyone, it was demanded from the British......Stick to the topic please

Hitler didnt do any wonders for the German people. He simply took from the Jews and gave it to the Germans. And it all fell apart in a few years. And Gandhi was anti-war. Hitler's whole Lebensraum, anti-communist ideology called for war. Gandhi was a leftist, and Hitler was a far-right extremist. There are huge differences in both their ideologies.

Again the KKK, Nazis and Combat 18 are far right wing extremist groups. Gandhi was hardly a far right wing guy. He was a left winger. Anarchism is the ultimate goal of communism.

Now as far as his racism goes, like I said he was a 19th century man. He is not pure or whatever. He is a man with his own flaws. But no man has done what he has done for the country. Also, all these racism charges have never been proved conclusively.

And you accuse Indians of not considering people as equals? When your own school system is the very reason that makes you speak this way? When you are taught that non muslims are inferior to others? Nice try. Go clean your own backyard and then lets worry about the dirt on mine.

What planet are you on........... most of his racial abuse is in his own writings/memoirs........ lol

Gandhi actively participated in the Zulu wars as a soldier for the British.......... he was a murderer with blood on his hands........ lets not get microscopical here shall we......

His views black non-Indians, especially blacks was very clear from his writings even found today, and yes, his views are more aligned with the KKK, Nazis but in reverse..........

Once again, lets stick to the topic of Ganshi, as per the thread and not try and drag this into a education system of India or Pakistan, that is a very lame Indian attempt indeed. If you wish to make comments about "go back and clean your own backyard" then guess what, I am in my own backyard..........PDF, find and Indian forum instead if that is the case

Muslims demanded a homeland and made Jihad for it tirelessly

Yeah and we all know where your Jihad finally led you. It led you to lose 4 wars and you dont even have your own sovereignty. Living off of aid from the US. And supporting all those extremists.

his views are more aligned with the KKK, Nazis but in reverse..........

If its reverse, then it isnt the views of the KKK or the Nazis now is it?

Once again, lets stick to the topic of Ganshi, as per the thread and not try and drag this into a education system of India or Pakistan, that is a very lame Indian attempt indeed. If you wish to make comments about "go back and clean your own backyard" then guess what, I am in my own backyard..........PDF, find and Indian forum instead if that is the case

I dont need you or anyone else to moderate what I talk about. I am responding to your post. And yes, it is YOUR education system that calls everyone else inferior. And that is what makes you hate Indians. BTW PDF is a public forum on the internet. Looks like the Pakistanis wanna grab on to any "backyard" they can get their hands on :lol:

Back
Top Bottom