pak-marine

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Religious scholars vow to resist ‘liberalisation of Pakistan’

KALBE ALI — UPDATED ABOUT AN HOUR
AGO

ISLAMABAD: The Milli Yakjehti Council (MYC), an umbrella organisation of religious parties from different schools of thought, has announced that it would oppose all measures taken to ‘liberalise’ the country.

Promising to launch a drive for the protection of the Islamic ideology of Pakistan and threatening to initiate a million-man march across the country if their demands were not met, the council termed the Supreme Court’s recent decision in the Mumtaz Qadri case ‘un-Islamic’.

The conference, chaired by Sahibzada Dr Abul Khair Muhammad Zubair – who heads one faction of the Jamiat Ulema-i-Pakistan — also vowed to resist all efforts to make Pakistan a secular country.

Members of religious parties and other right-wing groups took serious notice of a statement made by the prime minister at an event held to celebrate the Hindu festival of Diwali on Nov 11 in Karachi.

Milli Yakjehti Council leaders criticise Mumtaz Qadri verdict, PM’s speech at Diwali event
The declaration also condemned the death sentences awarded to Jamaat-i-Islami leaders in Bangladesh.

“The sentences [for] Salahuddin Chaudhary and Ali Ahsan Mujahid are a violation of the 1971 Indo-Pak treaty,” Jamaat chief Sirajul Haq said, adding, “The silence of the government in this regard is a crime and the same applies to silence over the persecution of Palestinians at the hands of Israel.”

He narrated an account of a meeting with Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, during the time when the PM was in exile in Saudi Arabia.

“Mian Sahib had vowed in front of me at the Masjid-i-Nabvi that if the Almighty gave him another chance, then he would eradicate interest-based economy from the country and implement Sharia law in Pakistan.”

The meeting commenced with a debate over issues including the eradication of the interest-based economy — but representatives of religious groups failed to present any solution to the problems being discussed. Other agenda items included the condemnation of what it called obscenity in the country and countering conspiracies being hatched to amend the blasphemy law.

The conference also decried the lack of appropriate government response to the atrocities being committed against Muslims the world over, with specific reference to India.

Jamaatud Dawa chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed lambasted Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for talking about liberalising the ideology of country.

“It is strange to see that a man who introduced the Shariat Bill in the country is now talking about secularism,” he said, adding, “It is time that all ideological parties united to protect the sanctity of the kalma.”

The conference also mentioned a longtime demand of all religious groups – that obscenity on the media be stopped.

“The definition of obscenity should be defined in the light of the Holy Quran and Sunnah and a decision needs to be forwarded to Pemra (Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority) for implementation,” the declaration said.

The MYC also demanded that the government lift the ban on coverage of the JuD and the Falah-i-Insaniat Foundation.

Published in Dawn, November 22nd, 2015

Some of these parties had a chance to govern pakistan, especially in the MMA, what did they do? Today many of the problems in KP trace back to that period, they couldn't even stop a section officer from taking bribery let alone rectifying the bureaucracy.

Its just power play for all parties.

What are they gonna do, fight the army? lol. If army wants to get rid of radicals, these ***** can't stop them.

Last edited:
Given the list of demands being made by these 'religious scholars, of freeing terrorists and murderers like Qadri, stifling free speech, thought and creativity, open discrimination, hate-mongering and enslavement of those who disagree with their warped and intolerant views, the title of the piece should have read:

"Religious scholars vow to ensure backward, intolerant and destabilized Pakistan wracked with violence and hatred.'

If these religious scholars really want to rape little girls (oops, I mean marry little girls and have sex with them to satisfy their pedophile urges), enslave women, massacre minorities, destroy creativity and free thought, the government should give them free one-way tickets to Syria and Iraq so they can live with the rest of the bearded evil Neanderthals calling themselves ISIS.

Tehreek e Taliban Pakistan, BLA, MQM, ANP, Qadyanis and all other extremists are equal threat for Pakistan.
This Pakistan is made for Islam. Islam is the only way to save Pakistan from anarchy. Both extremist mullahs and extremist liberals should be dealt strictly! We have no space for so called mulhid secular scumbags or wahabi/najadi religious extremists! Implement national action plan and stop all the hate speech and arrest all those qadyanis who pretend to be Muslims. Implement Article 295 & 298 of Pakistan Penal Code. Article 302 and 7-ATA should be implemented. Our constitution in complete and beautiful. Just implement it in its true sense.

Tehreek e Taliban Pakistan, BLA, MQM, ANP, Qadyanis and all other extremists are equal threat for Pakistan.
This Pakistan is made for Islam. Islam is the only way to save Pakistan from anarchy. Both extremist mullahs and extremist liberals should be dealt strictly! We have no space for so called mulhid secular scumbags or wahabi/najadi religious extremists! Implement national action plan and stop all the hate speech and arrest all those qadyanis who pretend to be Muslims. Implement Article 295 & 298 of Pakistan Penal Code. Article 302 and 7-ATA should be implemented. Our constitution in complete and beautiful. Just implement it in its true sense.
What the hell is "extremist liberals"? From what I understand, you seem to want the persecution of minorities.

Qadianis? Qadianis only live in the town of Qadian in India. I doubt there are many Qadianis left in Pakistan.

2 no. Mullahs back on someone's payroll.

They better watchout and save their anti Islam madrassa.

What good has exactly come out of these madrasas? Its good to have a religious knowledge but studying just about religion will not help you to work with world outside your own country. I would like to see institutions where people are taught to bring scientific revolutions instead of just sitting and cramming scriptures.

This is the entire problem. Mullahs who don't even understand what secularism is and how it can be tailored for our religious needs want to complain against a system that has taken medieval europe out of extreme poverty and deprivation other than destroying poverty and the popes interference completely.

We are never taught about the various secular movements in the sub continent and the world at large. We are never taught about liberals like Taha Hussain and Muhammed Farooq. They vouched strongly for the secular concept and they are/were the foremost scholars on Islam.

Last edited:
Yes. Very hypocritical of us. This is why we muslims are a mess.

With due respect I am not a Muslim, but do you mind if I ask you one question, that they might doing wrong translation of the various religious verses, since most of it are written in Arabic. A single word have many meanings, and could be bend, to fool the people.

Back
Top Bottom