What's new

Religious debates on other nations.

Religious in countries other than your own, allowed to discuss or not.

• Yes, I would like to discuss other nations religious issues

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No, I prefer people minding their own business then it comes to religion.

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SQ8

INACTIVE
Reaction score
Country
United States
Should threads that debate or critique on religion in a country started by members not of that nation be allowed??

Threads such as conditions of Muslims in India, Minorities in Pakistan?

If they are to be allowed, then the administration will be free to apply rules as they see fit.

If they are banned, then any members who attempt to post such topics regardless of their seniority will find themselves being handed an infraction.

Give suggestions on why and why not.. instead of one liners..and vote.
At the end of this, Ill put it up for the rest of the administration to debate and decide.

This is a defense forum and we should stick to news around that. Religion is a very personal and touchy subject and should be kept off limits at all times. Those discussions lead to only hate and spreading misconceptions.

Well, anything that covers religion must not be allowed... These types of threads are highly volatile and can end up disgracing the religion.

yes ofc freedom of speech my frd , but positive and constructive discussion should be allowed.

I do not think religious threads should be allowed on PDF unless it for wishing people happy diwali or happy eid. Also everytime I notice it turns into mud slinging match and creates tension for no reason.

I suggested that there should be a 7:3 ratio when posting threads. A member MUST post 7 threads outa 10 about his own country. Also, when posting a thread about another country regardless of the issue, a member needs to have approval of three of his countrymen who will vouch for the quality of the thread. If the thread turns out to be a troll fest, all the 4 member will be up for bans/infractions.

Well,if everybody agrees to the notion "two sides to every story" without letting their sworn affiliations and the inherent bias that clouds their rationale get in the way,I don't see a reason why such threads should get closed.But then again,That isn't why anybody is here on this forum.God forbid they might learn something in the process.

Lets keep the forum defense related , all religious / Non religious / Agnostic / Atheist topics should be deleted immediately except from the well wishing threads on Religious o cultural occasions of countries.

The threads on every Ahmadi expelled from a school, every Christian blaspheming, every other person getting kidnapped, robbed, raped in Pakistan are allowed; & are started by Indians all the time. There's no point in the OP asking whether threads on the minorities in Pakistan should be created or not, because they are being created everyday.

Yet, Pakistani members can't 'return the favor' because we don't have a social or domestic issues section for India.

If a Pakistani can talk about minority rights in India so can a Indian talk about minority rights in Pakistan but i think we should stop these threads as they are pointless and not for a defence forum in the strict sense.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

The threads on every Ahmadi expelled from a school, every Christian blaspheming, every other person getting kidnapped, robbed, raped in Pakistan are allowed; & are started by Indians all the time. There's no point in the OP asking whether threads on the minorities in Pakistan should be created or not, because they are created everyday.

Yet, Pakistani members can't 'return the favor' because we don't have a social or domestic issues section for Indians.

Ya but i saw you posted on gujarat riots

If a Pakistani can talk about minority rights in India so can a Indian talk about minority rights in Pakistan but i think we should stop these threads as they are pointless and not for a defence forum in the strict sense.

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Ya but i saw you posted on gujarat riots

I am talking about the random abductions/kidnappings, murders, rapes of minorities & other people in Pakistan that are posted all the time by Indians (& Pakistanis). It would be fair game if this was also allowed for the domestic events in India.

Why should be have a social and domestic issue section for Indians or Somalians.. we aren't a spiteful people.. or are we?

So we'll let the religious debates stay, but keep other nationalities out of it? what say you?... or should that restriction just be confined to thread starting.

The threads on every Ahmadi expelled from a school, every Christian blaspheming, every other person getting kidnapped, robbed, raped in Pakistan are allowed; & are started by Indians all the time. There's no point in the OP asking whether threads on the minorities in Pakistan should be created or not, because they are created everyday.

Yet, Pakistani members can't 'return the favor' because we don't have a social or domestic issues section for India.

In my view neither should be allowed.. If you go back and see the trolling/banning/mud slinging in various threads, most of them are in non defence related threads.. Even threads accusing Pakistan of being a supporter of terrorism have less hate than ones on Ahmadis or Muslims in India etc..

I am talking about the random abductions/kidnappings, murders, rapes of minorities & other people in Pakistan that are posted all the time by Indians (& Pakistanis). It would be fair game if this was also allowed for the domestic events in India.

I seen threads started by certain members im not naming any names on this very topic when it comes to India

Why should be have a social and domestic issue section for Indians or Somalians.. we aren't a spiteful people.. or are we?

So we'll let the religious debates stay, but keep other nationalities out of it? what say you?... or should that restriction just be confined to thread starting.

Fine, take off threads like "India: progressing, but still a long way to go", "India's economy", "Bolywood threads", "TATA threads": all Indian threads that are not related to defense. If you don't want to do that, Indians should not be allowed to create threads on Pakistan's domestic affairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom