What's new

RAW...

Then point out any RAW chief who recruited by this method in organization's 42 year history.

Arre baba, please read my comment, i said it is technically possible especially after recent changes

Chal be bogiyaan mat maar :lol:

@seiko R&AW recruit their officials fro RAS (RAW Allied Services) conducted by UPSC or deputation from IPS. If you want to join it then clear Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC & secure high rank & choose RAS if not got sufficient rank then choose IPS work hard for deputation in R&AW.
--
no dear it does not work like that...
RAW have all armed force, IPS, even police guys with special skills...
UPSC dont recruit for RAW

Arre baba, please read my comment, i said it is technically possible especially after recent changes

My relative was (RIP to him) war veteran of 1962, 1965 & 1971 & also work in MI & I myself is selected for SSB in Bengaluru in November 2014 & My Uncle is Bureaucrat and but I never knew this information,
What is your source ?

--
no dear it does not work like that...
RAW have all armed force, IPS, even police guys with special skills...
UPSC dont recruit for RAW
Google RAW Allied Services
Current RAW chief is from RAS

My relative was (RIP to him) war veteran of 1962, 1965 & 1971 & also work in MI & I myself is selected for SSB in Bengaluru in November 2014 & My Uncle is Bureaucrat and but I never knew this information,
What is your source ?

Google RAW Allied Services
Current RAW chief is from RAS
--
yes .. seems UPSC have recruitmet for Group A services ..
but most of chiefs of RAW from ips
1.Headquartered in New Delhi, R&AW's current chief is Alok Joshi a 1976-batch IPS officer of Haryana cadre.
2. Sanjeev Tripathi- IPS exam in 1972, and joined the Uttar Pradesh cadre. Few years later, he switched to RAW, resigning from the IPS, and was absorbed in the Research & Analysis Service (RAS), which feeds the ranks of RAW. Mr. Tripathi is the first RAW chief from the RAS (RAW Allied Services) cadre in its more than four-decade history
3.K. C. Verma (born 1950)[1] was the Director of Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW), the external intelligence agency of India, his official designation was Secretary (R).[2][3] He did his schooling from Mayo College, Ajmer. He belongs to the 1971 Jharkhand IPS cadre.

--
yes .. seems UPSC have recruitmet for Group A services ..
but most of chiefs of RAW from ips
1.Headquartered in New Delhi, R&AW's current chief is Alok Joshi a 1976-batch IPS officer of Haryana cadre.
2. Sanjeev Tripathi- IPS exam in 1972, and joined the Uttar Pradesh cadre. Few years later, he switched to RAW, resigning from the IPS, and was absorbed in the Research & Analysis Service (RAS), which feeds the ranks of RAW. Mr. Tripathi is the first RAW chief from the RAS (RAW Allied Services) cadre in its more than four-decade history
3.K. C. Verma (born 1950)[1] was the Director of Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW), the external intelligence agency of India, his official designation was Secretary (R).[2][3] He did his schooling from Mayo College, Ajmer. He belongs to the 1971 Jharkhand IPS cadre.

Yes because RAS recruitment started later so they are not senior enough to become chief but its sufficient time now.
Current chief is first RAS category officer who become chief and now may be all chief would be from RAS.

What is your source ?

I know like 5 uncles who were(all retired) in RAW including one of my immediate relatives who just retired last year

Yes because RAS recruitment started later so they are not senior enough to become chief but its sufficient time now.
Current chief is first RAS category officer who become chief and now may be all chief would be from RAS.
@Star Wars is right there RAS you are talking about is group A employs but the method of choosing candidates for B & C group employees for jobs like code breaking ,analysis, Data management etc these jobs are fill only by exam created under shadow of cabinet secatariat this year exam is conducted on 12 oct

@Star Wars is right there RAS you are talking about is group A employs but the method of choosing candidates for B & C group employees for jobs like code breaking ,analysis, Data management etc these jobs are fill only by exam created under shadow of cabinet secatariat this year exam is conducted on 12 oct
But @Star Wars is saying that they can also become RAW chief which is wrong.

---
exception is not rule dear...
i dont know about RAS capabiliites and traing
but
IPS rules in terms of Skill., resorce , traing
--
can we have amry person as RAW cheif ?

One of my close acquaintance works as a stenographer there and he entered through staff selection commission conducted by UPSC.

---
exception is not rule dear...
i dont know about RAS capabiliites and traing
but
IPS rules in terms of Skill., resorce , traing
--
can we have amry person as RAW cheif ?
This is not exception
In early all RAW officers deputed from IPS
But later after Government make RAW own cadre which called RAS for permanent RAW posting.

RAW recruit Army man mostly of Signal Corps for NTRO & chief of NTRO are mostly of Major General Rank officer of Army on deputation.
RAW is a civilian agency so no Armed forcec man can become Chief of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom