What's new

Racial attack: Indian killed in Australia

No, these are Chinese citizens, and it does matter where they come from. The racist biased Indian media are always saying in there news papers "white Australians" are racist and are making all these racist attacks. I guarantee that they will report about this and just act like it's "white australians" when the people who did the attack arn't even aussie.

Numerous other attacks against Indians have also been done by Lebanese students.
No mention in ANY media report is about the nationality of the attackers in this attack.

And as far as Indian media reporting is concerned, they have again reported the details provided by Australian Authority: that some of the men in this attack were of Asian Appearance. some links to look over:

2 Indian students assaulted, 5 held for attack
The Hindu : Front Page : 2 Indian students attacked in Melbourne
Two Indian students attacked in Melbourne, five charged- Hindustan Times
Five charged with attacking two Indian students in Australia - India - The Times of India

Basically all the heavy-weights have reported it, as told by Australian Authorities.

Skeptic:

You have ONLY quoted Indian media sources. Thus unfortunately there lies the bias in the rewriting of the story line.

Try this:

FOUR men allegedly involved in a race related assault on two Indian students in central Melbourne last night have been released from custody.

The remaining four men in the gang of eight alleged attackers, all described of being of Asian appearance, are currently being interviewed by police over the central city attack, which occurred around 10.20pm (AEDT) last night.

A police spokeswoman said it is expected that all of the men will be released today, pending further inquiries.

Four released after 'attack on Indian students ' | The Australian

This does not mean they are free but the investigation is on going.

The BIG problem with most of you is that the simplistic approach of classing all in Australia in one sweep of the race call is getting to the point where your credibility is getting thin. You are not discussing you are just pointing fingers.

The real reality is that western madia as a whole should start doing the same as the Indian media and Indian politicians and cry foul with each murder of westerners in India not to mention the sweeping under rug approach taken by Indian police. Perhaps you might then stop trying to be so puristic.

But I forgot that is India and all is perfect.

Skeptic:

You have ONLY quoted Indian media sources. Thus unfortunately there lies the bias in the rewriting of the story line.

Try this:

FOUR men allegedly involved in a race related assault on two Indian students in central Melbourne last night have been released from custody.

The remaining four men in the gang of eight alleged attackers, all described of being of Asian appearance, are currently being interviewed by police over the central city attack, which occurred around 10.20pm (AEDT) last night.

A police spokeswoman said it is expected that all of the men will be released today, pending further inquiries.

Four released after 'attack on Indian students ' | The Australian

I posted Indian Media because of the claim by xdrive that everything will be blamed upon "White Australian". The point was to say that when police mentioned "Asian Appearance" it was replicated in the media and not blamed on any "White Australian". Also he was very sure about the nationality and citizenship status of the accused, which is not established -- yet -- through any of the media reports.

This does not mean they are free but the investigation is on going.

The BIG problem with most of you is that the simplistic approach of classing all in Australia in one sweep of the race call is getting to the point where your credibility is getting thin. You are not discussing you are just pointing fingers.
Prey tell me, and I have asked this of xdrive also, when were all Australians termed as Racist or accused of hating Indians. To be honest, we all look upto places like Australia and and relationship shared between us is highly cherished. Not a single Media Report or comment by any of the senior members (leaving alone the trolls) would phantom such an idea. We feel good when Australian themselves join hand and condemn against these attacks - be it in Australia or even on this forum.

We are not pointing fingers at Australia but at a small pocket of Racist scumbags - Which is a reality. Probability of an attack on an Indian in Australia is higher - now that is a fact. We just want people to accept this. The statement from Commissioner would have been the ideal response and would have killed any of the media frenzy if it was released when this trend started to emerge.

The real reality is that western madia as a whole should start doing the same as the Indian media and Indian politicians and cry foul with each murder of westerners in India not to mention the sweeping under rug approach taken by Indian police. Perhaps you might then stop trying to be so puristic.
All attacks on foreign nationals are highlighted by International media and if nationals of a particular country face a significantly high proportion of attacks, then it would be fully justified.

But I forgot that is India and all is perfect.

Not at all, and wont be for a long long time. Australia is closer to where we want to be, and that is the reason for it becoming the destination of choice for Indians:smitten:. Please dont let it change..:partay:

Not at all, and wont be for a long long time. Australia is closer to where we want to be, and that is the reason for it becoming the destination of choice for Indians. Please dont let it change..

Well that will change if the racist biased Indian media keeps spewing it's lies.

Not only will Indians decide to not come because of the lies they have been told, but also Australians will not be as welcoming because of how the Indian media is trying to make us all look bad.

Well that will change if the racist biased Indian media keeps spewing it's lies.

Not only will Indians decide to not come because of the lies they have been told, but also Australians will not be as welcoming because of how the Indian media is trying to make us all look bad.

Please point to the lie told in the media instead of regular chest thumping. If it is just limited to using Racist in the headline, there are worse example than India:

Another racist attack in Australia | Radio Netherlands Worldwide

Equally Australian Police can be held responsible for withholding the fact that such incidents were in their radar for the last two years.

I hope what you mention is not the case, as this will be detrimental for both India and Australia. Some sensible comments like Commissioner or Ex Army Cheif and some sane voices from our side can make the difference.

I have numerous posts in this thread directly showing blatent lies the indian media has told, i have posted them over and over again. I am not repeating myself.

As i have posted them before, you should have read them. I can't be bothered re posting every time you forget. Go back through the pages and read for yourself.

Thank you.

I have numerous posts in this thread directly showing blatent lies the indian media has told, i have posted them over and over again. I am not repeating myself.

As i have posted them before, you should have read them. I can't be bothered re posting every time you forget. Go back through the pages and read for yourself.

Thank you.

No Sir you have NONE.

Mention one media report (Not a regional tabloid) blaming the "White Australian". You will have none. You started coming up with the remark of "Racist Indian Media" after the KK cartoon, now same has been replicated by your PM's nephew after commissioner acknowledged that targeted attacks on Indians have been happening for the last 2 years and they suppressed it.

I challenge you to quote the reports you are bashing so firmly. If it says "Racist" it will also mention that Police denied any racial motivation.

Same with the members - I have requested you to quote some - who have claimed all Australians are Racist... Again your response NADA NONE.

Either quit whining or show up.

No Sir you have NONE.

Wrong i have posted over and over again about how the racist biased Indian media has over and over again lied and printed false information.

1 example of this is how they printed that the indian man stabbed to death was a racist attack even before the police had even started investigating it. How can they know it's a racist attack before the police have even staretd investigating? They can't.

That's just one example of there lies.

There is plenty more in this thread as i have mentioned the racist baised indian media over and over again.

You have a selective memorary or are just too lazy to go back and read, so you are acting like i havent posted anything so i will just post it again.

I refuse to repeat myself any further. I know you like me repeating myself.

Wrong i have posted over and over again about how the racist biased Indian media has over and over again lied and printed false information.

1 example of this is how they printed that the indian man stabbed to death was a racist attack even before the police had even started investigating it. How can they know it's a racist attack before the police have even staretd investigating? They can't.

That's just one example of there lies.

There is plenty more in this thread as i have mentioned the racist baised indian media over and over again.

You have a selective memorary or are just too lazy to go back and read, so you are acting like i havent posted anything so i will just post it again.

I refuse to repeat myself any further. I know you like me repeating myself.
You might feel Lazy, I'll not:

4th January Newpaper Headlines

TOI: 21-yr-old first Indian killed in Oz attack
Stabbed In Abdomen, Left To Die
TNN & AGENCIES

Melbourne/New Delhi: A 21-year-old student has become the first casualty in a series of attacks on Indians in Australia that began in June last year. Nitin Garg, who had a permanent residency, was stabbed in the abdomen by unidentified attackers and left bleeding on the roadside. He died soon after, trudging some distance to a fast food joint where he worked part-time.
Australian authorities called it a ‘‘vicious’’ attack but said it would be premature to describe it as ‘‘racist’’. ‘‘I think to jump to any conclusion like that is presumptuous and may well interfere with the investigations,’’ senior sergeant David Snare told reporters in Melbourne. Garg had been beaten up by a group of men at Newport railway station on an earlier occasion too.
Garg, who migrated from Punjab, was attacked in a park on Saturday night when he was walking towards Hungry Jack’s restaurant where he worked. Police said Garg, who stayed in Newport, had travelled to Yarraville train station around 9.30pm local time, then walked along Anderson Street to Cruickshank Park, where he was stabbed in the abdomen.
Violent End
Nitin Garg, who had a permanent residency in Australia, had been beaten up by a group of men earlier
Garg was attacked in a park on Saturday night while walking towards Hungry Jack’s restaurant, where he worked
After being stabbed, he
stumbled to the restaurant
and pleaded for help before collapsing. He was taken to hospital, where he died
Australian authorities say it would be ‘premature’ to describe attack as racist
Foreign minister S M Krishna says Australian govt should take note of ‘‘de
ep anger’’ in India being caused by such incidents No weapon found at site of attack
Melbourne/New Delhi:
Nitin Garg, the 21-year-old student stabbed in Australia stumbled some 300m to the restaurant where he worked and pleaded for help before collapsing. Garg was taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital where he died.
No weapon was found at the site of the attack; some of Garg’s belongings were recovered by police. The attacks on Indian students began in June last year, eliciting protests from India and putting bilateral ties under stress.
The Australian government has repeatedly denied any racist element in the attacks and has put in place a series of security measures to protect Indian students. India has taken up the issue with Australia including before PM Kevin Rudd when he visited India recently. While assuring security to all Indians, Rudd had warned against any vigilante action.

Hindustan Times Headline: Indian student stabbed to death in Melbourne

The New Year began on an ominous note for young Indians in Australia. Nitin Garg (21) was brutally stabbed in the abdomen near a Melbourne restaurant where he worked part-time on Saturday night.

Garg managed to stagger 300 metres to the restaurant Hungry Jack’s, where he pleaded for help before collapsing. He passed away in hospital on Sunday morning, becoming the first victim to have died following a string of alleged racist attacks on members of the Indian community since last year in Australia.

From Ludhiana in Punjab, he was a regular on social networking site Facebook and condemned “hate groups” raving about race attacks on Asians, Garg’s friends told HT on phone from Australia, rousing suspicion that he may have been hunted down for reprisal.

New Delhi took a strong view of the incident. Officials dealing with the development said the government “will be forced” to issue an advisory in the form of a warning to those who want to work and study Down Under, if the authorities there did not take stern action this time.

“The stabbing… is brutal and I hope the Australian government will take necessary action and not force India to look to other ways. We will not tolerate it anymore,” External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna said.

Melbourne Homicide Squad Senior Sergeant Dave Snare, who described the crime as a vicious attack, said no evidence so far hinted Garg was targeted because of his race.

Garg’s family wrote to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Sunday, requesting his office to help them in bringing the dead body home.

This tone changed after the attack was brushed off by Australian Authority, and comments like "Indian are safer in Australia than in India".

It always takes 2 to tango. I have said again and again, And I'll not hesitate to repeat, post the lie and high claims by Indians of "ALL ATTACKS BEING RACIST". Even if you agree that some attacks are racist, none are being identified as.

Which particular case do you think was Racist?? I believe your answer will be- none, and that is what inflames Indians.

You might feel Lazy, I'll not:

4th January Newpaper Headlines

This tone changed after the attack was brushed off by Australian Authority, and comments like "Indian are safer in Australia than in India".

It always takes 2 to tango. I have said again and again, And I'll not hesitate to repeat, post the lie and high claims by Indians of "ALL ATTACKS BEING RACIST". Even if you agree that some attacks are racist, none are being identified as.

Which particular case do you think was Racist?? I believe your answer will be- none, and that is what inflames Indians.

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

xdrive, you need to understand that in India there is such a think called kutarka logic....now according to sri sri ravi shankar

Kutarka means wrong logic or illogical, where the intention is not right. Logic is applied here with the sole purpose of finding fault. One knows deep inside that it is not right, but still, logically you prove that it is right. This is called Kutarka.
For example: The door is half open means the door is half closed. Therefore, the door is fully open means the door is fully closed!

Before you say anything, I know, its total boll***s but hay ho, its Indian logic

According to Indians, becuse Indians are attacked then the attack is most likely racial........so now the attacks will beeee, well yes, you got it, RACIAL

Just heard on the news, "Indians storm Australian High commission in India" /facepalm

"Indians mobs have stormed the grounds of the Australian High commision in new delhi, whilst shouting racist anti-australian chants. They were stopped from entering the building by the police. The protestors claim Indians are being tortured in Australia like how the British tortured Indians when they ruled Indian."

lol. Tortured? lmao, looks like the racist biased Indian media is in spewing lies in over drive.

^^^

Any Source??
This is all I got:

NSUI protests attacks on Indian students in Austraila

New Delhi, Jan.27 (ANI): Activists of the National Students Union of India (NSUI) staged a protest outside the Australian High Commission here on Wednesday over the growing number of racial attacks on Indian students Down Under.

Buzz up!
Holding placards, scores of students converged in front of the Australian High Commission here to voice their anguish over the series of attacks on Indian students in Australia. They also raised anti-Australian government slogans.

The protestors tried to march towards the High Commission but were prevented from it by the police stationed outside the High Commission.

The NSUI activists demanded that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh must rope in the United Nation to ensure security of Indians in Australia.

"Today, on behalf of all students of the country, the NSUI has staged a protest in front of the Australian Embassy (High Commission) against atrocities committed on Indian students in Australia. Indian students are being tortured in the same manner as Britishers harassed Indians a century ago... We appeal our Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to involve the UN in order to ensure the security of Indians in Australia... If these attacks will happen again, the NSUI will stage protest all across India," said Mohammad Shahnawaz Choudhary, General Secretary, NSUI.

The attacks over the past 18 months, including the fatal stabbing of a 21-year-old Indian graduate this month, have strained Australian ties with India and hurt Australia's lucrative foreign student market, its third largest export earner, worth 13 billion Australian dollars (12 billion U.S. dollars) in 2007-08.

While the number of Indian students pursuing higher academic courses in Australia had risen at an annual rate of around 41 percent since 2002, the recent spate of attacks has resulted in around 4,000 aspirants from India cancelling their plans to study Down Under.

Consequent to such attacks, a recent study did forecast a 20 percent drop in Indian students going to Australia in 2010, costing 78 million Australian Dollars.

Back
Top Bottom