What's new

Racial attack: Indian killed in Australia

pakdefender

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
CANBERRA: An Indian man fatally stabbed in a Melbourne park had feared for his life because of a previous attack at a railway station, his housemate has said.

The 21-year-old man staggered into a Hungry Jack's restaurant on the corner of Somerville Road and Geelong Road, West Footscray, asking for help before collapsing about 10pm (AEDT) on Saturday.

The man, from Newport, was taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital, where he later died.
His housemate Parminder Singh said the man had previously been attacked at the Newport railway station.

"They were just drunk and they wanted to find anyone to beat," he told the ABC.
"If they find someone alone they just beat (them) because they know nothing is going to happen after that.

"What will happen? Police will not do anything. They will just take them to the jail or just let them sit there, they will give them food and all facilities so they're not scared of anything."

The attack comes after a series of violent incidents against Indians in Melbourne and Sydney in 2008.

The violence led to protests and made headlines across India and internationally, creating potential problems for Australia's $15.5 billion education export industry.

Police said the man stabbed on Saturday had travelled to Yarraville train station about 9.30pm (AEDT), then walked along Anderson Street to Cruickshank Park where he was stabbed in the abdomen.

He then staggered about 300 metres to the Hungry Jack's restaurant where he worked part-time.

Homicide squad Senior Sergeant Dave Snare said the attack was vicious and the motive not known.

He said there was no evidence the man was targeted because of his race.

"I think to draw any conclusion as to the motive may interfere with the investigation and would be presumptuous at this stage," he told reporters in Melbourne.

The victim, a single man who had permanent residency in Australia, is understood to be originally from India's Punjabi region. But Federation of Indian Students spokesman Gautum Gupta said race was a clear factor in the attack.

"Nothing was stolen. The wallet was there, mobile phone was there, so there's no other motivation other than race," he said.

Police are trying to contact the man's relatives abroad and determine if he has any in Australia.

Sen Sgt Snare said at this stage police had no leads and urged any witnesses to come forward. police particularly want to hear from a group of people who were in the park earlier that night.

They say while there is no suggestion they were involved in the attack, they could help the investigation. Some of the man's belongings were found in the park and police are asking locals to keep an eye out for other items.

Racial attack: Indian killed in Australia

Australia seems to have a very serious 'hate crime' problem. Every now and then there are reports of racial violence from there.

Australia seems to have a very serious 'hate crime' problem. Every now and then there are reports of racial violence from there.

Do not always blame Australian society or Australians. Many people from different countries live there. But why particularly the indians are targeted?

Because indians feel proud of being arrogant. As one indian member who lives in Australia himself admitted with confidence:

Also Indians are beaten every where cause they do not lick a$$. We live here with arrogance and proud. We know we have place to go back with our kids and family where we be able to earn our meals without restrictions.

We do not live in oppression anywhere. If someone still has doubt then he should ask Melbourne police chief himself. We do not give dam me, this is the main problem with a racist, they do not beat other those who lick bum with grace.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/india-...stan-simultaneously-indian-army-chief-41.html

I would say to him that he should consider himself lucky, that he is still alive.

Yes, I strongly condemn any kind of killing, but an arrogant person deserves ruthless punishment. To all arrogant persons, my personal suggestion, try be a gentleman and polite, everyone will respect you, but if you want to be a Rambo in real life, then hardly there will be any mercy...

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^go check out on google and u will find its not oly the case with indians

Yes, I strongly condemn any kind of killing, but an arrogant person deserves ruthless punishment. To all arrogant persons, my personal suggestion, try be a gentleman and polite, everyone will respect you, but if you want to be a Rambo in real life, then hardly there will be any mercy...

how can u tell u he was arrogant

The Indian media is trying to portray it as such.

The news is not an Indian media outlet last time i checked. It is not only the Indian media which is portraying this as a racial attack.

I'm not aware of the specifics of the case, so it would not be right for me to label it as a racial attack.

and Communist, making fun of a dead man shows the complete lack of class that you possess. Post reported.

So what we will still live here with proud and arrogance. Better be killed then be a *** licker Chinese.

Why Chinese is relevant here?

I have reported your post. I can use the same language to describe you, but for the sake of forum rules, I will not. Actually I believe in action rather than in lectures.

Well, as for your life-style I can say, as you wish... and start counting your days... :whistle:

The news is not an Indian media outlet last time i checked. It is not only the Indian media which is portraying this as a racial attack.

I'm not aware of the specifics of the case, so it would not be right for me to label it as a racial attack.

and Communist, making fun of a dead man shows the complete lack of class that you possess. Post reported.

Thats right. I am sorry. But I also condemned the act.

And also report your indian fellow who posted "**** licker Chinese".

This what Chinese are made of they will not spare a chance of scoring numbers even on someones death. Shame on such pathetic rudimentary human being.

Everyday i campuses these so called Asians are bullied but they do no have guts to respond to these insects. The all are called as wooden in Uni.

It was only Indians leading the charge against racism, these people were never there to condemn or report even after being comprehensively bullied.
Indian are now more organized and everyone's know this in Melbourne. The population of Indian students is 60k alone in VIC. As they are working odd time so they are more vulnerable to such attacks. Furthermore they all are from elite families those who can afford overseas education. They do have better phones and jewellery etc.
I am living in a house and paying 400$ per week rent, my house is ultra modern with full proof security but still someone was able to break into my house and able to steal my electronics. These people are desperate specially near Christmas and new year.

Now the new generation of Indians has clearly said no racism. There are many incidents were Indians have retaliated and taught lessons.
This what happened in UK when they were doing curry bashing, after Indians Bangladeshi and Pakistani started retaliating these bashing were stopped immediately.
As develepereo has rightly mentioned this attack is not racist but Indian media is not saying this as a racist attack. However it is too early to rule out it as racist attack. Indian media has all the right to be concerned and hype this issue cause a Indian citizen has been killed.

This what Chinese are made of they will not spare a chance of scoring numbers even on someones death. Shame on such pathetic rudimentary human being.

Now the new generation of Indians has clearly said no racism. There are many incidents were Indians have retaliated and taught lessons.
This what happened in UK when they were doing curry bashing, after Indians Bangladeshi and Pakistani started retaliating these bashing were stopped immediately.

Hey, whats your problem with the Chinese, huh?

And do not drag Bangladeshis and Pakistanis into this. Spare them for gods sake...

Don't give me your ******* preach go and lay off from the dead body of Indian with whom you are trying to score numbers. I am Punjabi i know how live like a proud man.

Bharmein jaye tera pride...

Post reported.

Hey, whats your problem with the Chinese, huh?

And do not drag Bangladeshis and Pakistanis into this. Spare them for gods sake...

SO WHAT WAS YOUR PROBLEM TO GENERALIZE INDIANS WITH A REFFERENCE POINT THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU i.e Chinese ARE SPARED BY THESE RACISTS. This is what you were trying to compare. Hunnnn.....

The Guy killed was a brave man he must has defended himself that is why he was killed.
There are many (i wont mention as it will make you sore) would have ran or pissed in their pants. Now you got my point what i am saying.

You was the one who was using Nigger word yesterday.
Nigger word is used for all three Indians, Pakistanis and bandgladeshi. And for your information it was bangladeshi students in UK those who took charge of retaliation on racists and pakistani and indians did follow the suite.

SO WHAT WAS YOUR PROBLEM TO GENERALIZE INDIANS WITH A REFFERENCE POINT THAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU i.e Chinese ARE SPARED BY THESE RACISTS. This is what you were trying to compare. Hunnnn.....

The Guy killed was a brave man he must has defended himself that is why he was killed.
There are many (i wont mention as it will make you sore) would have ran or pissed in their pants. Now you got my point what i am saying.

You was the one who was using Nigger word yesterday.
Nigger word is used for all three Indians, Pakistanis and bandgladeshi. And for your information it was bangladeshi students in UK those who took charge of retaliation on racists and pakistani and indians did follow the suite.

Look Mr,

You yourself claimed that indians live with arrogance in Australia. Just see your own post.

And do not use bad words here at least to me. You claim to hail from Punjab. Very good. I ask you to show your arrogance in Bihar. You will get quick reply.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom