What's new

Race For Nuclear Submarine Must See

^^ Whatever dude. I'm not wasting my time here. Keep up the rant. I've expressed my two cents. Agree with it fine. If not, I'm not going to have any sleepless nights over it. Adios! :wave:

illumatious kindlt if u dont respect the thread kindly dont reply we dont need your comments thanx if u do that

No offence

But nations with $6 or 7 billion a year TOTAL defense budgets cannot HOPE to acquire and maintain a Nuke sub.

India Ariihant nuke sub is costing over $1 billion per submarine.

The Akula is lukily for India only leased for 10 years even that is costing hundreds of milliions.

Thats why even states like Israel Taiwan or South Korea despite spending between 2 to 3 times wat Pakistan spends willneva dream of owning or maintaining this very costly weapon system.

Pakistan cannot match India Weapons TO WEAPON... until it matches DOLLAR TO DOLLAR $$$ in military budget. first...

Excuse me young man if you knew anything about submarines you would know my questions are basic submarine deployment ops requirements.

Ok lets go even more basic since you are obviously an argumentative green horn and so I wont use tactical terms

At what speed do your subs negotiate leaving harbor at surface speed ?

(tactical meaning they can be sighted by satellites ?)

At what depth can they submerge ?

(tactical meaning how much water they must have under their keel before the skipper says dive ?)

What is the average depth gradient of the Makran coast ?

Where was your first midget built ?

( need a photo ?)

Where did your first midget sink ? and why ?

Regards

:cheers:
If you know something, that is not the way of educating those who dont. Instead of asking these questions from a person whom you know does not know the answer of these questions is rather insulting. As a result, the person would shy away and would never engage with you in a debate even though he knows you are well informed. Instead of putting them as questions, please put them as answers so others could learn something.

Its obvious that when your told to swim you prefer to walk away saying the water is to cold.

Have a nice day.:yahoo:
No, not because the water is cold, but because the coach is more interested in insulting the pupil than teaching him.

Sorry Q,
I respect your posts so I will post something about the person who had many questions for me. This is what IL said to which I replied

^^ Whatever dude. I'm not wasting my time here. Keep up the rant. I've expressed my two cents. Agree with it fine. If not, I'm not going to have any sleepless nights over it. Adios!

I am curious why do you want me to educate an imbicile ?

Regards

I am curious why do you want me to educate an imbicile ?

Regards
It all started from the post#9; the opening remarks were bit harsh "ANOTHER INTERNET FANBOY WHO HAS NEVER BEEN IN A SUBMARINE ?". Additionally, the conversation was not between the two; Frankly, the questions you asked, I also dont know their answers but very much interested to know. So if you put them as points, many will benefit.

It all started from the post#9; the opening remarks were bit harsh "ANOTHER INTERNET FANBOY WHO HAS NEVER BEEN IN A SUBMARINE ?". Additionally, the conversation was not between the two; Frankly, the questions you asked, I also dont know their answers but very much interested to know. So if you put them as points, many will benefit.

IN REPLY TO THE BELOW !

"The First and the most important reason is that modern AIP subs are far more quieter than nuclear subs.As demonstrated by the Swedish-US naval exercises where Swedish sub was not only able to destroy the AC but also several American nuclear subs without being detected. "

PM me if you want the answer as the poster is lost:coffee:. Won't mind sending you a photo of me training ur boys if AA allows.

Warm Regards

:coffee:

Did you come here to learn, educate us or just pontificate ?

If your boys from Quasim learnt something from me and are admired by you then its time you put your money where your mouth is by answering my questions about submarine tactics ?

Otherwise go back to Tom Clancy and the social forums here, I am sure u will excel.

This is a Defence Forum the last time I checked and we are discussing to refresh your memory how does PN checkmates N Subs of its coast.

Ok lets help you and bring some illumination in your life.

The US, UK, French, Russian nuke subs donot even need to enter the Indian Ocean to nuke Pakistan.

Now lets come to the marrow in the bone.

IN has a 700 mile still to be tested on a submarine missile and a 300 mile Klub / Brahmos missile. So where will they patrol in the Indian Ocean which allows them to recieve VLF communications to launch their missiles ?

Unless u want to learn I can't educate you ? Old saying you can take a horse to the water but you can't make it drink ?

Regards

I thanked your post - definitely in spite of your attitude, but for your knowledge. Otherwise I agree with Qsaark.

But do feel free to educate away on AIP vs nuclear subs etc.

I am here to learn - out of general interest.

Well for Pakistan's own defence it needs 20 subs
15 frigates
2 destroyers
1 carrier

yes i agree with you. pakistan navy should mordernised it self to face any adventure from indian navy which is getting bigger and modern and deadly to defend any attack i think you need to have
aaw destroyer to defend any areal strick by mig-29k and also which could be carried by su-30mki with brahmoss supersonic cruse missile.
until now we are not seeing any plan to face this eminent threat .
so fast priority for future should be AAW to work as a fleet air defence and then more multi roll frigate and then leas nuclear power submarine from china until you build your own one which will give your mariner the experience need to operate this kind of submarine.
along with it i think more submarine is also needed ,but i dont think you need any carrier right now .:pakistan:
thanks

Advantages of Nuke Sub
1. Nuclear subs are not limited in duration by the need for frequent refuelings. They can go years without refueling. In fact, the ultimate goal of the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program with respect to this is a nuclear core which will last the life of the ship (30-33 years) without the need to be refueled at all.
2.Nuclear submarines generate all the electrical power they need without recourse to air breathing engines. They also use this power to make all the potable water and all the oxygen they need from the surrounding sea water.
3.Nuclear submarines are not limited in speed or time underwater. They can operate indefinately at any speed without worry of depleting a battery used for propulsion. ( The speed here means that some diesel Subs When Operating on battery sacrifice some speed)
4.Nuclear submarines can dedicate more volume to tactical and strategic capabilities, as fuel loading is not a concern.
5.Despite people's misgivings about diesel submarines being "quieter" than nuclear submarines, this has no longer been the rule for quite a number of years. Modern nuclear submarines are as quiet, even quieter, than their diesel brothers.
6.Not being tactically limited by the propulsion limits of a diesel submarine, the tactical and strategic capabilities of a nuclear submarine are vastly enhanced.

Advantages of Nuke Sub
1. Nuclear subs are not limited in duration by the need for frequent refuelings. They can go years without refueling. In fact, the ultimate goal of the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program with respect to this is a nuclear core which will last the life of the ship (30-33 years) without the need to be refueled at all.
2.Nuclear submarines generate all the electrical power they need without recourse to air breathing engines. They also use this power to make all the potable water and all the oxygen they need from the surrounding sea water.
3.Nuclear submarines are not limited in speed or time underwater. They can operate indefinately at any speed without worry of depleting a battery used for propulsion. ( The speed here means that some diesel Subs When Operating on battery sacrifice some speed)
4.Nuclear submarines can dedicate more volume to tactical and strategic capabilities, as fuel loading is not a concern.
5.Despite people's misgivings about diesel submarines being "quieter" than nuclear submarines, this has no longer been the rule for quite a number of years. Modern nuclear submarines are as quiet, even quieter, than their diesel brothers.
6.Not being tactically limited by the propulsion limits of a diesel submarine, the tactical and strategic capabilities of a nuclear submarine are vastly enhanced.

rubbish

It seems to me, according to indian fanboys nuclear submarines is uninvincible, stealth, shark of the ocean while AIP subs such as type-214 are tuna meant for hunting small fishes (missile boats, or patrol boats). :) typical indian behavior. what ever they have which PAK doesnt it must be the best system in the world.

let me also educate you. nuclear subs have to stay passive in order to avoid detection and then utilize its optical systems in order to hunt PN surface fleet.

In a nuclear sub vs AIP sub context. both have + and - and i am not in a mood to repeat 100th time for you brain washed kids.

What torpedos are the PN submarines using? Unlike electric subs, nuclear subs are very fast. Akula is supposed to have a top speed in excess of 35 knots. AFAIK, ECAN L5 mod3 (which agusta 90B are supposed to carry) has a top speed of 35 knots (and thus ineffective in a one to one scenario) while the ECAN F17 mod2 has a speed of 40 knots which again means it cannot target an akula if it is at a distance > about 0.9 nm (simple calculation but if someone wants, I can do it here).

Can someone clarify which torpedos are being used by pakistani submarines? If the above two, then I am afraid, it would be a difficult task to hunt it down!

Back
Top Bottom