What's new

Chinese sailors feared dead after nuclear submarine gets stuck underwater: reports

Vanguard One

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Western intelligence reports say 55 Chinese sailors are dead after a nuclear submarine became trapped underwater — but China denies it.

There are 55 Chinese sailors feared dead after their nuclear submarine reportedly got stuck underwater.
A report by UK intelligence experts said the sub hit a “chain and anchor” trap intended to snare Western vessels lurking off China’s Shandong province.

The crew reportedly suffocated after a “catastrophic failure” of the 107m sub’s oxygen system, The Sun reports.

It is not clear whether the trap mangled the oxygen system, or if the crew had already suffocated before the sub sank and became stuck.

The vessel is believed to be a cutting-edge Type 093 equipped with torpedoes and silent “ghost” engines.

A classified briefing obtained by the Mail reads: “Intelligence reports that on 21st of August there was an on-board accident while carrying out a mission in the Yellow Sea.

1696452653575.png

Beijing has claimed the reports of the sub’s destruction are ‘completely false’. Picture: VCG/VCG via Getty Images

“Incident happened at 08.12 local resulting in the death of 55 crew members: 22 officers, 7 officer cadets, 9 petty officers, 17 sailors.

“Dead include the captain Colonel Xue Yong-Peng.

“Our understanding is death caused by hypoxia due to a system fault on the submarine.

“The submarine hit a chain and anchor obstacle used by the Chinese navy to trap US and allied submarines.

“This resulted in systems failures that took six hours to repair and surface the vessel.

“The on-board oxygen system poisoned the crew after a catastrophic failure.”

The British Royal navy declined to comment.

Beijing claimed the news of the sub’s destruction is “completely false”, further deepening the mystery.

Morons keep putting up this fake shit story, there are 4 or 5 postings about this fake news in the last two days, lol, morons are obsessed with Chinese bad news.

Yes, I too wish to rest in peace upon my death.
Are you sure you will be concerned if there is unrest after your passing? Frankly, I won't give a damn. I will continue to enjoy my eternal rest with no worry. That is unless I am reincarnated.

Really sad news. I don’t know what is wrong in Chinese culture. They never accept any failure. They will reveal the truth few years down the line and that too, not reveal how many actually died.

Worst death for a soldier, when your nation doesn’t acknowledge or honour the fallen.

Really sad news. I don’t know what is wrong in Chinese culture. They never accept any failure. They will reveal the truth few years down the line and that too, not reveal how many actually died.

Worst death for a soldier, when your nation doesn’t acknowledge or honour the fallen.
You delusional Indian fool dreams that accident is true, lol.

proof such as photos
Photos of a damaged nuclear submarine?

As I said, we accept that nothing happened. We will wait for a couple of years, for the truth to come out as per convenient time of Papa Xi.

I feel sad for the sailors and their families. The price they pay for being under a dictatorship.

Back
Top Bottom