What's new

Questions about Pakistanis, Indian Muslims and Bangladeshis

Religion did not ' unite' Pak & E Pak, they split despite religion.

It was the only thing they had in common. It may have united them for a while in 47 .

Had religion been a unifying force EP would not have separated.

You've already admitted religion did unify W. Pak and E. Pak so I find it silly when you turn around and say religion didn't unite them.
The fact that religion did unite two lands separated by thousands of kilometers with extremely little in common in regards with culture and language suggests that maybe that religious nationalism isn't as weak a link as Indians like to claim.

Religion had nothing to do with split of east and west Pakistani. It happened because of mistake of few power hungry politicians of west Pakistan. If religion is not unifying force then how you will justify the union of four different province i.e KPK, Sindh, Punjab, Balochistan etc of Pakistan ?

I agree it had nothing to do with the split.

Had religion been a unifying force the concept of Ummah would be worldwide.

The states you mentioned stay together because of a common goal in development. Something that was lacking in E Pak's case. Try pulling out progress & development & watch hwo quickly states seek to break off & this does not apply to Pak alone.

You've already admitted religion did unify W. Pak and E. Pak so I find it silly when you turn around and say religion didn't unite them.
The fact that religion did unite two lands separated by thousands of kilometers with extremely little in common in regards with culture and language suggests that maybe that religious nationalism isn't as weak a link as Indians like to claim.

You have read what I wrote selectively

I wrote that it ' may ' have united them back in 47, later events & actions of those in W Pak alienated those in E Pak to a point that they chose to ignore the only thing they had in common - religion.

Indicating thereby the religion may provide a common platform but to stay together people need more than just goodwill.

Indicating thereby the religion may provide a common platform but to stay together people need more than just goodwill.

You're backtracking.

Had religion been a unifying force EP would not have separated.

i.e. since East Pakistan separated, religion was never a unifying force (according to you).

From where ? show me & I'll take my words back
Indicating thereby the religion may provide a common platform (don't understand where this "may" came into play here when the sole reason E.P. was formed was because of strong presence of ML ideologues in Bengal and similarities in religion) but to stay together people need more than just goodwill.
Had religion been a unifying force EP would not have separated. (i.e. since East Pakistan separated, religion was never a unifying force)

"B-but common platform is different to unifying force!" /s

Obviously, had it been a unifying force why would EP split ?

If religion was not a unifying force, why was EP even in existence?

"B-but common platform is different to unifying force!" /s

Not understood what your concern is

If religion was not a unifying force, why was EP even in existence?

Re read my post which you have quoted at 46

It ' may have been a unifying force' back in 47. Later events showed that those in EP wanted & expected more than just religion which WP did not give.The rest is history

There is no one sect in Christianity. Catholic and protestant have different beliefs . Sure dont we believe that hadrat isa and hadrat musa was Muslim? Religion and its teaching got corrupted over times because of which God sent many Prophets

??

Weren't they both Jews?

Imo religious nationalism+regional nationalism is a deadly force. That is why when Pakistan broken into East West because to protect each other's regional identity. So after that Pakistan(west) didnt broke anymore or BD didnt join into India or broken. That is why Hamas, Hizbullahs are considered freedom fighter because of their national pride but ISIS/AQ is hated by all due to their religious identity only defying regional character.

Later events showed that those in EP wanted & expected more than just religion which WP did not give.The rest is history

So you are accepting that religion was a unifying force? Of course it's true EP was mis-managed by a secular and corrupt military regime, but does it's breaking make it the weakness of Islamic nationalism (which is the only reason EP existed) or a failure of the military regime?

So you are accepting that religion was a unifying force? Of course it's true EP was mis-managed by a secular and corrupt military regime, but does it's breaking make it the weakness of Islamic nationalism (which is the only reason EP existed) or a failure of the military regime?

You do have a point...but calling it a unifying force would be a misnomer.

Based on religion - it just brings muslims together and that too with a lot of internal conflicts based on sect and ethnicity.

One can call democracy as a unifying force - that brings all religions, groups, ethnicity, sects together.

You know when two people fall in love they want to stay together - thats the reason why they get married.

Later , when the reality of living together hits ( & love flies out of the window) partners expect each other to cherish & respect each other.This is necessary to maintain the love.

I leave it to you to see how it applied to W & E Pak.

Couples separate & still remain friends.

??

Weren't they both Jews?
You need to study how Islam view Jesus and Moses which is different than how Christian and Jews views them
Moses in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jesus in Islam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Even a black girl eh? Talk about megalomania! It'd be strange if any self respecting girl decides to marry you.
lol I am already married with kids but actual point was that believer girl (no matter which race/colour/country/culture from) is better than non believer of your own caste/country/ethnic group..

Back
Top Bottom