What's new

Question Regarding Mecca

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its bcoz going there rids you off the harams you commited.

It is not Haram as it sounds it can be pronounced as herem sharif

it is called herem sharif becuase it is a sacred place chosen by Allah and on His commandement Prophet Ibrahim(peace be upon him) built this holy masjid for prayin and offering salat/namaz.

herem sharif is designated to this place to make it a symbol of sacred place clean from sins of people. It is called herem sharif to denounce the fact of considering any thing else as equivalent to Allah instead declaring that Allah is the only Supreme and Lord of the worlds in this universe and He has the power over everything.

The haram your refering is different it means things which are prohibited like pig,alcohol, betting etc. etc.

Am not sure why do they write herem sharif as haram sharif....but the correct pronounciation is herem sharif means purest place.

i hope that clarifies u smthing

Can anyone tell me why the Mecca mosque is called Haram Sharif?
Doesn't the word "haram" denote something that is unislamic?
Could someone kindly clarify?

It not haraam which means Prohibited in Islam.

it is Pronounced as "Har,um" which means Holy in Arabic, bcoz Arabic is very wast language, so with a slight difference of pronunciation it will change the whole meaning. i hope you understand :), any thing else. :)

Am not sure why do they write herem sharif as haram sharif....but the correct pronounciation is herem sharif means purest place.
Bro, it is not Herem it is haram but pronounced as "har,um" not Herem, OK :)

Regards
Wilco

It's not Herem or Haraam. It's Har-um.

"The Sacred Mosque"

But yes, Haraam and Har-um are pretty much spelt the same, but with different vowels. The English word Harem corresponds with the Arabic word Hareem (which has different spellings).

Vowels are added on top or below the letters and can totally change the meaning of the words.

I'm supposed to be a Muslim but I never knew or even wondered about this haha

I think its bcoz going there rids you off the harams you commited.

Year bull, just a note
when the time comes when we (muslim ) have little less offensive joke about hindus maybe then you can keep your temper ? :enjoy:

Can anyone tell me why the Mecca mosque is called Haram Sharif?
Doesn't the word "haram" denote something that is unislamic?
Could someone kindly clarify?

Here is the link:

Masjid al-Haram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have asked this question many times. I have seen the mosque actually writen as Masjid ul Haraam in Arabic ( with an alif between 'R' & 'M'). Only acceptable explanation given to me was that Haraam means forbidden. For example a thief is Haraami, meaning he takes thing not belonging to him (forbidden), a bastard is ' Walad ul Haraam) meaning child born out of wedlocK ( a forbidden act).

Whereas non muslims can enter and visit any other mosque, Masjid ul Haraam (forbidden mosque) is so called because it is forbidden to all nonbelievers. There are some things such as making a noise etc also forbidden in this mosque.

I dont know if this is correct but I found no other plausible explanation. Kaaba and the Masjid together are known as Harmain Sharifain which of course means Sacred. Haram with no alif between R and M means 'holy'.

Year bull, just a note
when the time comes when we (muslim ) have little less offensive joke about hindus maybe then you can keep your temper ? :enjoy:

Dude i actually meant it. I was wrong as others pointed out.

I have asked this question many times. I have seen the mosque actually writen as Masjid ul Haraam in Arabic ( with an alif between 'R' & 'M'). Only acceptable explanation given to me was that Haraam means forbidden. For example a thief is Haraami, meaning he takes thing not belonging to him (forbidden), a bastard is ' Walad ul Haraam) meaning child born out of wedlocK ( a forbidden act).

Whereas non muslims can enter and visit any other mosque, Masjid ul Haraam (forbidden mosque) is so called because it is forbidden to all nonbelievers. There are some things such as making a noise etc also forbidden in this mosque.

I dont know if this is correct but I found no other plausible explanation. Kaaba and the Masjid together are known as Harmain Sharifain which of course means Sacred. Haram with no alif between R and M means 'holy'.
It is hay ray alif meem (H R A M) in some places and hay ray meem (H R M) in others... Just with different vowels.

This is it originates from the Jewish word which has the letters (H R M) also and again vowels are added.

Depending upon how the vowels are used it becomes Sacred or Forbidden.

masjid-haram means sacred mosque.(Hurmat wali)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom