What's new

QMobile

I don't know the exact way, i was used to rooting(jb) the iPad so expected ndroid to be easier, not harder :P
ANyways, trying to install anything(software update) is prevented by CWM, it need some signed firmaware or something. And my dad desprately need 4.1 or 4.2 as the stock 4.01 he has now is too laggy

Why is it hard? Don't install the software directly through CWM. I guess you can use Odin (Google it) for that.
Samsungs are the easiest to root and customize. Download the 4.2 software from the internet and install it... easy man.

Use google to find the best Android-related forums ;) Starts with X

two things to look out for: replaceable battery cover and software support(meaning they send latest updates regularly).

batterys ka b cover hota hy
smileys-scare-861807.gif

i dint know dat loll

batterys ka b cover hota hy
smileys-scare-861807.gif

i dint know dat loll

genius, htc peeche se sealed hote hain, single piece frame like iphone. so after one year battery capacity drops and whole phone becomes useless

Why is it hard? Don't install the software directly through CWM. I guess you can use Odin (Google it) for that.
Samsungs are the easiest to root and customize. Download the 4.2 software from the internet and install it... easy man.

Use google to find the best Android-related forums ;) Starts with X

checked checked the forum long time agon, mot posts werent related to my problem no matter how hard i googled. btw, my dad hates the lag but he wont risk deleting his important contacts and i dont want to delete the free games sasung temporarily offered

checked checked the forum long time agon, mot posts werent related to my problem no matter how hard i googled. btw, my dad hates the lag but he wont risk deleting his important contacts and i dont want to delete the free games sasung temporarily offered

Arayy bhai. Tension kyu le rahay ho?
Tell me the exact issue, I'll locate the solution if I don't have one.

genius, htc peeche se sealed hote hain, single piece frame like iphone. so after one year battery capacity drops and whole phone becomes useless

o so shud i think of any othr mobile then?:undecided:

o so shud i think of any othr mobile then?:undecided:

research on the internet :P idk ur specific needs and budgetm just google for all the phones and comparisons

Arayy bhai. Tension kyu le rahay ho?
Tell me the exact issue, I'll locate the solution if I don't have one.

in short i rooted it and CWM installed itself, now every time the update comes it doesnt work and CWM stops the update and restartes the phone, so i want a safe way to upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2 wihtout affecting any files and settings

Are you buying a new mobile? O suggest you should look for samsung!

but im fed up of samsung:taz:

research on the internet :P idk ur specific needs and budgetm just google for all the phones and comparisons

in short i rooted it and CWM installed itself, now every time the update comes it doesnt work and CWM stops the update and restartes the phone, so i want a safe way to upgrade to 4.1 or 4.2 wihtout affecting any files and settings

if i had to do dat then y i wud hav been askin here for it:cheesy:

dumbo hi ho ap bi:cheesy:

but im fed up of samsung:taz:

if i had to do dat then y i wud hav been askin here for it:cheesy:

dumbo hi ho ap bi:cheesy:

to bas batao bhia kitna budget aur kya zarooriat hain aapki? But knowing how to use google efficiently is one of the most useful skills in life ;)

AFAIK... you chose the most insecure method of rooting :P

You have two options:
1. Unroot and remove cwm - but this can be useless too
2. Manually flash the 4.1 or 4.2 software

Personally recommend option 2.
- Make a backup of contacts. Android makes one .vcf file on SD card
- Backup any other important data using third party apps
- Use Odin to flash the software manually.

Look out for the exact steps on the appropriate forums.

AFAIK... you chose the most insecure method of rooting :P

You have two options:
1. Unroot and remove cwm - but this can be useless too
2. Manually flash the 4.1 or 4.2 software

Personally recommend option 2.
- Make a backup of contacts. Android makes one .vcf file on SD card
- Backup any other important data using third party apps
- Use Odin to flash the software manually.

Look out for the exact steps on the appropriate forums.

I chose the first method that came up on googling, you tell me what exactly i did because idk

I chose the first method that came up on googling, you tell me what exactly i did because idk

Huh??

I can see that your info is a little shaky here :lol: It's better you don't touch the phone yet

Just ask the repair centre to backup your data for you and upgrade the software. In most cases this is absolutely free, but you will have to pay for the backup though.

If you want, I can guide you through the steps but there are some risks involved and you must be prepared for them.

to bas batao bhia kitna budget aur kya zarooriat hain aapki? But knowing how to use google efficiently is one of the most useful skills in life ;)

money is not a prob,its my dad who will buy me dat:P konsa myny khud lyna hy:P

n im a student so u can guess my usage!

Huh??

I can see that your info is a little shaky here :lol: It's better you don't touch the phone yet

Just ask the repair centre to backup your data for you and upgrade the software. In most cases this is absolutely free, but you will have to pay for the backup though.

If you want, I can guide you through the steps but there are some risks involved and you must be prepared for them.

I giving it once, the chick was hot but dumb as a rock - she just had some basic training to push a few buttons on the pc screen to update - she blamed it on me and said this is the UK version so it wont work (UK has the intl version, only japan and US have different) :P so

money is not a prob,its my dad who will buy me dat:P konsa myny khud lyna hy:P

n im a student so u can guess my usage!

Mein aise kamon mein madad nhi karsakta :astagh:

Back
Top Bottom