What's new

Q & A about Bangladesh defence and security

The Arjun and T-90 are more advanced nonetheless. I would intend to go for tanks with composite armor and active protection systems.

Capability wise, they are about the same if you ask me.

With the current plans underway, I am sure we'd certainly have an advantage over Burma. I'd say, our navy is the most important component of our military.

Air force? Needs work. In fact, I'd focus more on a naval air force. That'd scare the hell out of anyone :lol:

I'd say SU-30MKKs would be good for naval aviation, given that we can take care of them without any problems.

Sukhoi Su-30MKK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/QUOTE]

Nah, we need to focus on our giving new warbirds to our Air Force first, to help mordernise it before before developing our naval air arm. Btw the navy should try to get long haul helis too, they are very useful in sea.

Capability wise, they are about the same if you ask me.

With the current plans underway, I am sure we'd certainly have an advantage over Burma. I'd say, our navy is the most important component of our military.

Air force? Needs work. In fact, I'd focus more on a naval air force. That'd scare the hell out of anyone :lol:

I'd say SU-30MKKs would be good for naval aviation, given that we can take care of them without any problems.

Sukhoi Su-30MKK - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well yes, our navy is the most important component of our armed forces. However they can be sitting ducks to any air aggression if our navy does not have appropriate air cover. I know that we have AA capability but still, i guess you are getting my point.

As SUs are unlikely at present, we got to provide air cover with our Migs in necessary. But once we get hold of submarines, that would be enough to give them soar throat before entering our water territory.

Cheers!!!

Well , Banglar manush answered you already. So far i know BD will depend on international friends such as USA to stop the war. If india is the aggressor then they will come to help us must.... Bangladesh has the ability to hold indian army in war for more than 20 days according to BD army professionals.. Thats enough time for diplomacy. If it doesnt work the army will break into guerilla forces allowing them to penetrate in the country... Believe me, that will be no good for indians... It is a country where heavy armoured vehicles cant move easily making it vulnerable..... I see no good result for both side in a war.. .

Yes Banglar manush answered but 2months period is a bit exagiration. I agree with you Faarhan as far as international friends role is concerned. A lot depends upon the cause for its aggression and its goal. If India's goal is not to control ur teritory and if it want to teach something to BD in future then IAF may play a major role and the guerilla forces cannot be of any help.But I dont think that will happen as India is not famous among its neighbour's and such an act will spoil its global ambitions.

Well , Banglar manush answered you already. So far i know BD will depend on international friends such as USA to stop the war. If india is the aggressor then they will come to help us must.... Bangladesh has the ability to hold indian army in war for more than 20 days according to BD army professionals.. Thats enough time for diplomacy. If it doesnt work the army will break into guerilla forces allowing them to penetrate in the country... Believe me, that will be no good for indians... It is a country where heavy armoured vehicles cant move easily making it vulnerable..... I see no good result for both side in a war.. .

I used to read a magazine long back named 'Asia Digest', where every month they used to interview high ranked officials of the military and post pictures. At a certain edition, an army official said that in case of any war with India...BD has enough supply to keep running a conventional war for 1 month at max. And i came over this interview around 2004-2005.

Years have passed and most certainly capabilities have also improved. And off course, we are well aware that our military does not disclose any information unless it is verified and permitted to. So i am being positive here. Ability to fend off any incursion should have improved by now.

Cheers!!!

India does not need to invade or "occupy" BD like the U.S did with Iraq . Agressive action by India would be Air-Strikes , surgical strikes by special forces etc. The Cost of a prolonged occupation is remarkably high in this day and age and would take a heavy toll on the economy of any country-even the U.S. Any adventure would lead to a degradation of the aggressors economy vis-a-vis its regional competitors ( in this case China and Pakistan).

Fat chance of such a conflict arising in the first place though ;) India and BD are too diplomatically interconnected and all misunderstandings are likely to be resolved much much before they become serious headaches , needing an armed response.
i will quote Yahya Again, he Said to major general mitha ( this was written on mitha's book A soldier's life) that - 'Guerilla warfare will be the only way to fight india in east pakistan '' He was proven 100% right. he was defeated in the same way. Our geography is aggressor's hell. This is why Pakistan didn't bother to protect east pakistan during 1965 and india didn't bother to attack it.. Yes you can bomb the capital killing civilians ultimately achieving nothing except international condemnation.

Incase of aggression from India how can BD defend itself? They may fight for honour to delay but by ant means they cannot stop India. No offence.

i can assure u this much that in case of a total war between india and bangladesh, india is going to loose some part of seven sister !!

Both the tank Arjun and Type 69mk2G use Kanchon Armour. Is there any difference?? Please anyone let me know.

Kanchan armor is a type of composite armor from India. Bangladesh army don't really buy any equipment or technology from India.

I really doubt if the T-69 has composite armor.

i will quote Yahya Again, he Said to major general mitha ( this was written on mitha's book A soldier's life) that - 'Guerilla warfare will be the only way to fight india in east pakistan '' He was proven 100% right. he was defeated in the same way. Our geography is aggressor's hell. This is why Pakistan didn't bother to protect east pakistan during 1965 and india didn't bother to attack it.. Yes you can bomb the capital killing civilians ultimately achieving nothing except international condemnation.

You are right about the geography bit . An objective analysis of the 71 war between India and Pakistan and the role of forces on both sides in hostilities in the eastern theatre of the conflict alone is sufficient proof of this. Lt Gen Jacob , under the auspices of Gen Manekshaw , devised his plan of bypassing major fortifications and selectively engaging Pakistani corps , which was so successful. That Bangladesh topography can be used to extreme advantage by a guerilla force is well known due to the several rivers and rivulets and is also well documented should you refer the book by General Jacob -- "Surrender at Dacca: Birth of a Nation" .

As far as the bold bit , I already remarked in my previous post that chances of an Indo-BD conflict are minimum because of the strong lines of diplomacy between the two . Furthermore we are no Israel to subscribe to the policy of " maximum collateral damage to teach a lesson" mentality , a trait while morally praise-worthy , is oft mistaken for a sign of weakness. Aside from International condemnation , there will be an intense opposition to any such move from amongst the Indian public too . Despite what bickering we see on PDF , there is a significant amount of public sympathy and friendliness for Bangladeshis in India even today.

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Both the tank Arjun and Type 69mk2G use Kanchon Armour. Is there any difference?? Please anyone let me know.

Very unlikely given that Kanchen armour was developed by the DRDO for exclusive use on our Arjuns. No news that the tech was ever shared with any other nation.

@eastbengal: Dude...Why do India and Burma will be aggressive towards BD? Each of these South Asian countries like India,Pak,BD(Including India too..) are such countires in case any other country become aggressive it will get bankrupt in feeding billions of population....So in this context...Why should India will attack BD? But of course ...it makes sense to build up each nations defence capability...but that should not be judged with a context that India and Burma will fight war with BD..

Does the Chittagong Hill Tracts insurgency mean anything to you?It should.When the Jumma tribes rebelled against the govt/Bengalis, India not only supplied them with arms but also sent army patrols inside BD territory.Proof of this?Those Indie soldiers got killed and some injured.It was all hushed up because the high order is scared of India.One should ask why BD elements have supported ULFA in the first place.
Apart from this I don't think India will ever attack BD in some sort of a mass scale invasion and lose the biggest market for its crappy Hindi serials.

Border is a serious issue because BSF aggression does not kill terrorists or smuggler but just plain and innocent civilians.

Myanmar has showed aggression 2 or 3 times.They conducted combat maneuvers near BD borders in order to scare us.People might not believe this but I think they have the capability of pushing us all the way to Feni in the event of an attack.They have more troops and equipment and they don't care about the welfare of the population like we do.

Kanchan armor is a type of composite armor from India. Bangladesh army don't really buy any equipment or technology from India.

I really doubt if the T-69 has composite armor.

Kanchan Armour is indian version of Chobham armour.. If you don't believe bd military then ok. But according to Bd military it has composite armour. And yes there is no other source of this. We have known about this tank from BD Military ONLY.. and there were some pictures of mutiny which tells BD military is right about 120 mm gun, era....

Kanchan Armour is indian version of Chobham armour.. If you don't believe military then ok. But according to Bd military it has composite armour. And yes there is no other source of this. We have known about this tank from BD Military.. and there were some pictures of mutiny which tells BD military is right about 120 mm gun, era....

Chobham armor? Holy crap! That'd be comparable to the M1 Abrams and the Challenger :lol:

Chobham armor is actually British technology.

I very much doubt if any of our tanks have that neat feature. Also, Chobham technology is classified, not everyone can have it!

On the 120 mm gun and ERA part, agreed - they do exist.

Chobham armor? Holy crap! That'd be comparable to the M1 Abrams and the Challenger :lol:

Chobham armor is actually British technology.

I very much doubt if any of our tanks have that neat feature. Also, Chobham technology is classified, not everyone can have it!

On the 120 mm gun and ERA part, agreed - they do exist.

Who provided us 120 mm Gun? East or West? Does china produce it??

Well i am mistaken. Sorry it doesn't have kanchan armour. They produced type 69 mk ii G to counter Type 72 of India and Myanmar successfully

Yes Banglar manush answered but 2months period is a bit exagiration. I agree with you Faarhan as far as international friends role is concerned. A lot depends upon the cause for its aggression and its goal. If India's goal is not to control ur teritory and if it want to teach something to BD in future then IAF may play a major role and the guerilla forces cannot be of any help.But I dont think that will happen as India is not famous among its neighbour's and such an act will spoil its global ambitions.

Hmm...i thought i read somewhere that indian army needed around almost a month to fully mobilise.

Back
Top Bottom