What's new

Punjabiat Zindabad

The vulgarity should be, indeed. But jugat bazi is part of punjab's culture and it's splendid and should be portrayed and stage drama is a medium for that.
It is the vulgarity that should be banned along with dirty dances..

Don't know why people allow that shit..

Jugat bazi tou best hai bhai.. uss ke baghair tou punjabi punjabi hi nahi..

I think yes..

Punjabi is already one of the 22 constitutionally recognised languages of India. A person living in Punjab and studying in a school under state board has a compulsory Punjabi as subject till 10th std.......
Also Punjabi is the official language of the state of Punjab. All the official work of the state government is done in Punjabi and central government has to translate its work in Punjabi to communicate with the state.
Information boards like on shops , road signs , building names have to be in Punjabi. Eg u can have a road in Punjabi and Hindi on same plate.
This is a rough template used by all states and their respective official languages.
To avoid any mistrust , state governments follows 3 langauge policy - English , Hindi and regional language.
Wow I'm impressed . Punjabi Pakistani government should learn something from indian Punjab.
You can replace the word "Punjabi" with most other languages in the world and the word "Pakistani" with most other nation in the world, and I think your statement would still probably be valid.
True but that would be off topic.
Punjabi is beautiful.
So when are you giving me a sticky thread on Punjabi language Sir! ?
It was pseudo intellectual generation before us who brought us here. Any how, i am very glad to see the debates happening and people have started to talk about the problem.
Exactly our elders have a lot of role in what we are today. If we starting to remove them we will vanish.
Sikh would never stop speaking it; because, it is also a sort of religious language for them
Yes true to some extent but in the times of Maharaja Ranjit Singh empire the official language was Farsi not Punjabi.
Because we don't know English Arabic and Chinese. Why waste time on something which we already know?
And Punjabi is available as an optional and elective subject in matric arts, FA, BA, MA. You can do PhD in Punjabi if you want no one is stopping you.
If we start following your silly logic then all mother tongues will go extinct.
Lol .. Punjab is 60% of Pakistan ... There's no Pakistan without Punjab
Deal with it
And they better wake up and started to feel the power of those 60 percent who are running this country. Made more sacrifices than any other ethnic group and in army most martyrs,ghazis and are serving are from Punjab.Other provinces also contributed of course after all we work as one Pakistani unit but whether they like it or nor punjabis contributed more than anyone else.Its a reality no one can deny.
Thread is turning somewhat bitter. Request all the participants to control their emotions.
Because of few narrow minded bad eggs . The intent of this thread was not that.
Where she live? :-)
In the hearts of punjabis .
There you go... says all. Now you should STFU, before it turns ugly. I will take you and your ethnic background to cleaners if you shit more from your mouth about punjabis. At least we are son of soils and our language is of our soil, not an imported one from somewhere in India.
Agree with you. They have no idea who is the backbone of pakistan a country for which their mohajir investors laid down their lives and struggled. By insulting punjabis he is insulting his muhajir forefathers.
You are from district jhang; are you?
Yea that's a saraiki dialect from South Punjab. Bravo to you for identifying that. I also travelled extensively in Punjab and can identify different punjabi dialects in a heartbeat.
Ofcourse as long as you think punjab or sindh is some super race. What title of the thread shows? Where is Pakistan zindabad and one of you already said in post Pakistan cant survivr without Punjab?

Man you guys have some punjabi issue inside u, we been taught always

Who are you? Pakistani
And always Pakistan Zindabad

And here your example full of hate

Who are you? I am Punjabi
Punjabi Zindabad

Pakistan cant survive without punjab this and that.
Don't cross your bloody limits.I am the one who is a hardcore nationalist promoting pakistani nationalism on this forum since 2015 .First pakistan Zindabad later punjabiat Zindabad. That's your typical tone when you run out of a civil dialogue.You are a lowlife.
I am not the one who said Pakistan will be no more if punjab is not there
Because that's a reality you cannot digest .He said nothing but truth.
well i wouldn't classify them ALL as hating on Punjabis. However i've noticed that some people from most groups like to talk shit about Punjabis. Also what's up with the Balochistan thing? What did we do wrong with them?
Because punjabis are the only ethnic group in Pakistan who don't favour fellow punjabis because they are punjabis. Other ethnic groups favour their ethnic fellows but not punjabis. Pakistani nationalism is strongest in punjabis. A Punjabi will always put pakistan before anything even his life. And when we started to talk about preserving our language and culture they start to attack and call us anti national.Bunch of shameless namak harams.We punjabis were the ones who felt the most heat of partition.We know how hard it was to get pakistan. Even if we are proud people it's our right to be proud.
Yr there are reasons especially with establishment. Establishment=Punjab thats what ppl believes
Because there will be no establishment without Punjab. Its a fact now instead of feeling jealous from punjabis accept this reality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Punjabi is already one of the 22 constitutionally recognised languages of India. A person living in Punjab and studying in a school under state board has a compulsory Punjabi as subject till 10th std.......
Also Punjabi is the official language of the state of Punjab. All the official work of the state government is done in Punjabi and central government has to translate its work in Punjabi to communicate with the state.
Information boards like on shops , road signs , building names have to be in Punjabi. Eg u can have a road in Punjabi and Hindi on same plate.
This is a rough template used by all states and their respective official languages.
To avoid any mistrust , state governments follows 3 langauge policy - English , Hindi and regional language.
It's a huge massive Punjabi population in Pakistan which is actually driving Punjabi language and culture ahead otherwise the government and it's policies made sure Punjabi will go extinct from the face of Earth. They way things are going I feel threatened in the future and that's the purpose behind this thread.

The Punjabi dialect changes every 100 km and here people are saying making Punjabi standard for whole province. Will it not be injustice towards Seraiki speaking population in Southern Punjab and Potohari/ Pahari speaking population in Northern Punjab?

Just my 2 cents as a non-Punjabi.

The Punjabi dialect changes every 100 km and here people are saying making Punjabi standard for whole province. Will it not be injustice towards Seraiki speaking population in Southern Punjab and Potohari/ Pahari speaking population in Northern Punjab?

Dialects are in every language but standard versions are adopted usually, and likewise in Punjabi's case.

Wow I'm impressed . Punjabi Pakistani government should learn something from indian Punjab.

All these provisions have constitutional protection and every state does this with their official language. Each year Sahitya Akademi aka Indian National academy of letters gives literary award in 22 official + 2 languages plus there are literary conventions organised by each states each year.
Also each year government gives awards
It's a huge massive Punjabi population in Pakistan which is actually driving Punjabi language and culture ahead otherwise the government and it's policies made sure Punjabi will go extinct from the face of Earth. They way things are going I feel threatened in the future and that's the purpose behind this thread.
Punjabi is culture will never go extinct in India. Bollywood is full of Punjabis.
Post independence state formation was based on language ,thats why Language is a sensitive issue and so our constitution makers avoided making any language as national language.

No injustice . I am photohari and i love punjabi and all dialect of it be it saraiki, Hindko,.
I even love Pashto and Balochi. These are all beautiful languages of Pakistan.

Punjabi is culture will never go extinct in India. Bollywood is full of Punjabis.
Post independence state formation was based on language ,thats why Language is a sensitive issue and so our constitution makers avoided making any language as national language.
Well Bollywood is actually promoting Urdu than Punjabi. Punjabis movies made in India these days deserve appreciation though. Bollywood is full of punjabis won't protect punabi ,Pakistan is also full of punjabis infact way more punjabis in Pakistan than India but threat exists when anti Punjabi environment prevails and new generation punjabis think their language is inferior.The solution lies when Punjabi is promoted and punjabis adopt it.
Isn't Hindi the official language of India?

Rallies were organized in different cities of Punjab today on Mother Language Day by different Punjabi organizations demanding Punjabi to be made a compulsory subject in schools and colleges across Punjab

p1.jpg
p2.jpg
p3.jpg
p4.jpg
p5.jpg
p6.jpg

English, imo, should be the national language of Pakistan with regional languages being taught in every province.
@Mangus Ortus Novem @Crusher

English actually already is the "official language" of Pakistan since 1947, it doesn't need any more recognition. What I propose is that this whole notion of "national language" BS should be abolished once and for all, this is a very archaic 1800s euro-american BS which had nothing to do with our indigenous cultures, we never had any concept of "national this" or "national that" BS. I am fed up of this BS of "national" nomenclature. All over the world the languages are either "official" (that means being in use for day to day business/proceedings of the state) or they are non-official.

Any language is important only if it is in wide spread use particularly in its "written form" and that is where Punjabi language is struggling because no important personality of Punjab except Muneer Niazi and Ashaf Ahmed wrote in this language and it was only Ashfaq Ahmed who wrote in "prose" rather than the BS "poetry" which is useless for the development of any language. The written language's food is prose not poetry, that is why I am never impressed when people say punjabi language had so many poets in past centuries but they conveniently forget that punjabi language didn't had extensive volumes of prose in written form. It is never the poetry that develops a language, it is always a prose.

Standard German language was never spoken in any place before its development, it was Martin Luther's Bible written during early 1500s in his own "standardized German" based on the German language dialects of central Germany that gradually gave rise to the development of the modern "Standard German". Later on this standardized version of central dialects of German language was used by many great German philosophers and scientists to write their work/prose in this standardized German of Martin Luther and over the centuries it became the de-facto standard version of the German language for written form . The interesting thing is the standard German even though is based on old dialects of central Germany is spoken in its pure form not in central Germany but rather in Northern Germany in the area of Hanover in lower Saxony state of Germany whose current language is now considered all over the Germany as closest to the ideal standard book German language, Hanover people have lost their indigenous "northern lower German dialect" over the centuries and have adopted and perfected the standard official German language. That is how a standard language emerges and imposes its dominance over all the dialects of that language like it is the case in Germany.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom