What's new

Punjab of Pakistan - Tribal Structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. For example, Allama Iqbal comes from a Kashmiri Brahmin descent. And he is a Shaikh.

Entire Mohyal sub-clans of Punjabi Brahmans from Sargodha to Jhelum converted to Islam, and adopted the surname of Shaikh. I have the names of many such families living in Pakistani Punjab today.

This is also true of Dogra Brahmins, and Brahmins from Kangra-Garhwal-Kumaon, who accepted Islam.

Also, the Brahmans in Hazara KPK.

Muhammad Iqbal's Father was Kashmiri Brahmin but his mother was from Sheikh family.

I think you know squat about us and our Ethnicities.

I agree with you, but the typical Mughals are people with last names of Mirza, Baig, Barlas, Changezi etc. as these were Mughal tribes from the lineage of Changez Khan and Taimur Lang.

yes bro, and don't forget the Chughtais! and the surname "Khan" is also a Mughal Surname.

Mughal means Mongol basically.

@Armstrong yara hum kashmirio ko bhe dal diya giya hai punjab mai. buttistan ka bandubast karo ! :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Muhammad Iqbal's Father was Kashmiri Brahmin but his mother was from Sheikh family.

Janab we live in a patriarchal society which means for right or wrong, nasal baaap sei chalteiii haiii otherwise I'd be classified as a Rajput because of my Mom instead of a Kashmiri Butt ! :blink:

Lakin mujhe baraa affsooos hovaa sun ke that we - the Kashmiri Butt - are only 1.5 million in number in our beloved Punjab ! :cray:

Phir tou meriii dream of getting Punjab renamed as Buttistan would've have little or no popular support ! :unsure:

@Armstrong yara hum kashmirio ko bhe dal diya giya hai punjab mai. buttistan ka bandubast karo ! :cheers:

Waisee truth be told I've always fancied myself as a Punjabi first & than a Kashmiri, within the context of Pakistan ! :undecided:

Pataa nahin Punjab ki matiii muqadas lagtiii haiii aur Punjab hi merii Janat-i-Nazeer haiii not Kashmir ! :kiss3:

Heck I even joked to my Grandpa once that we've been fighting with India for a piece of land that is nothing more than an over-sized Murree ! :omghaha:

Baaad mein Dada ki chappair parneiii lagiii thiii ! :fie:

Muslims shouldn't call themselves Rajputs, Gujjars, Khatris, Jatts, Brahmins etc if they don't follow Vedic Caste system

Tell you what. Your Punjab is not Punjab.

1 You don't have 5 rivers so you should call yourself doabians
2. Your size is 1/3rd of ours
3. Your population 1/4th of ours
4. We have 3x more castes

Janab we live in a patriarchal society which means for right or wrong, nasal baaap sei chalteiii haiii otherwise I'd be classified as a Rajput because of my Mom instead of a Kashmiri Butt ! :blink:

Lakin mujhe baraa affsooos hovaa sun ke that we - the Kashmiri Butt - are only 1.5 million in number in our beloved Punjab ! :cray:

Phir tou meriii dream of getting Punjab renamed as Buttistan would've have little or no popular support ! :unsure:

I agree with you Butt Sahib.

Lakin Khayl rehay kay hamari Mirza (Mughal ) Community is 7 million strong (according to @Multani Sahib's Sources).

Aap ko Coalition Kingdom banana perh jai gi:D

Rajputs, Brahmins, Jatts, Gujjars, Khatris are all part of the caste system. I thought you people didn't follow that?

We don't....we just kept the names & yes there are some unfortunate residual effects of caste system in Pakistan called the Baradaris ! :tup:

Waisee truth be told I've always fancied myself as a Punjabi first & than a Kashmiri, within the context of Pakistan ! :undecided:

Pataa nahin Punjab ki matiii muqadas lagtiii haiii aur Punjab hi merii Janat-i-Nazeer haiii not Kashmir ! :kiss3:

Heck I even joked to my Grandpa once that we've been fighting with India for a piece of land that is nothing more than an over-sized Murree ! :omghaha:

Baaad mein Dada ki chappair parneiii lagiii thiii ! :fie:
accha hua :yahoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom