What's new

Punjab of Pakistan - Tribal Structure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Multani

Reaction score
Punjab in Pakistan - A very mixed group of people indeed!

Population: 105 million

Syeds - 2.5 million
Awans-Maliks - 4 million
Rajputs-(includes various Rajput clans as Kashmiri/Punjabi/Ranghar/Meo/Sindhi/Baluchi) - 7 million
JaTTs - 10 million
Kashmiri Buts - 1.5 million
Dogras - 2 million
Kangris-Garhwalis-Kumaonis - 2.5 million
Kashmiri Khatris - 1 million
Punjabi Brahmins (Shaikhs) - 2 million
Punjabi Khatris (Khawajas) - 2 million
Punjabis of hindu mercantile descent - 1 million
Arains/Sainis - 5 million
Christians - 1.5 million
Hindus - .5 million
Qadyanis - .5 million
Punjabi Pashtuns - 8 million
Mughals - 7 million
Gujjars - 6 million
Tribes from rest of India (Rajasthani/Uttar Pradesh/Delhi/Bihar/MadhyaPradesh/Haryana)- 12 million
Punjabis of Arab descent (Quraishis, Ansaris, Farooqis, Siddiqis, Uthmanis etc ) - 3 million
Punjabis of Persian descent (not sayyids) - 2 million
Punjabis of Baloch descent - 1 million
Punjabis of non-Mughal Turkic descent - 4 million
Kambohs - 2 million
Punjabis of all other tribes - 12 million (former backward or untouchable hindu castes)
Punjabis of Gujarati descent - 1 million

There are additional but nearly 5 million people from Pakistani Punjab living throughout the rest of the country (in Sindh, KPK, Balochistan, Azad Kashmir)

There are also nearly 3 million people from Pakistani Punjab who have permanently migrated to other countries ( Europe, North America, Australia, Africa, Middle East, Malaysia etc )

Interesting, whats the source of this?

Is it safe to say that 90% of Pakistani Punjabis have Hindu ancestry?

BS source, no Pakistani Punjabi is from a Hindu background. Where is the source?

Interesting, whats the source of this?

Is it safe to say that 90% of Pakistani Punjabis have Hindu ancestry?

No. Because what is a hindu historically? Its just a religious group in the world. Pashtuns, perhaps the largest community by population in Pakistani Punjab, when considered from different communities mentioned above, were overwhelmingly Budhist before they were Muslim. Now, what religion did they follow before they were Budhist? Some say Hindu, others say Zoroastrianism, others something else. Some say even Judaism.

But yes, the majority [perhaps 70%] of Pakistani Punjabis are converts from the religious group called "Hindu" by the Persians and the Mughals, and now a world recognized religion.

No. Because what is a hindu historically? Its just a religious group in the world. Pashtuns, perhaps the largest community by population in Pakistani Punjab, when considered from different communities mentioned above, were overwhelmingly Budhist before they were Muslim. Now, what religion did they follow before they were Budhist? Some say Hindu, others say Zoroastrianism, others something else. Some say even Judaism.

But yes, the majority [perhaps 70%] of Pakistani Punjabis are converts from the religious group called "Hindu" by the Persians and the Mughals, and now a world recognized religion.

Its not just about "Hindu" the people, if they specifically claim Hindu Brahman, Hindu Kshatriya/Khatri, Hindu Rajput, Hindu Business class heritage, it means they were practicing Hindu. Hindusim was their religion.

What the hell ?? Maybe the Butt from Kashmir I know they were Bhramins. But others are decendents from tribes of Arabia and the central asia.

Punjab in Pakistan - A very mixed group of people indeed!

Population: 105 million

Syeds - 2.5 million
Awans-Maliks - 4 million
Rajputs-(includes various Rajput clans as Kashmiri/Punjabi/Ranghar/Meo/Sindhi/Baluchi) - 7 million
JaTTs - 10 million
Kashmiri Buts - 1.5 million
Dogras - 2 million
Kangris-Garhwalis-Kumaonis - 2.5 million
Kashmiri Khatris - 1 million
Punjabi Brahmins (Shaikhs) - 2 million
Punjabi Khatris (Khawajas) - 2 million
Punjabis of hindu mercantile descent - 1 million
Arains/Sainis - 5 million
Christians - 1.5 million
Hindus - .5 million
Qadyanis - .5 million
Punjabi Pashtuns - 8 million
Mughals - 7 million
Gujjars - 6 million
Tribes from rest of India (Rajasthani/Uttar Pradesh/Delhi/Bihar/MadhyaPradesh/Haryana)- 12 million
Punjabis of Arab descent (Quraishis, Ansaris, Farooqis, Siddiqis, Uthmanis etc ) - 3 million
Punjabis of Persian descent (not sayyids) - 2 million
Punjabis of Baloch descent - 1 million
Punjabis of non-Mughal Turkic descent - 4 million
Kambohs - 2 million
Punjabis of all other tribes - 12 million (former backward or untouchable hindu castes)
Punjabis of Gujarati descent - 1 million

There are seven million of my MUGHAL Brothers/Sisters in Punjab ?

Wow, I did not know that.

But it is understandable since Lahore was our Second Capital after Dehli.

lmao ouch this thread must have hurt ur tiny ego. :omghaha:

So in Pakistan Brahmin or Khatri become tribes instead of Caste because there is no caste system in Pakistan. :laughcry::laughcry:

Mughals means the army men [from Uzbek-Turkmen-Tatari] backgrounds. They are one of the most numerous peoples in Punjab. Among the best warriors, and most handsome of people. But there are also other Turkic tribes, who are cousins of Mughals. I included them as Turkic. They include Qazalbash, Khorasani Turks, Hazaras, Aimak, Uighars etc all of whom settled in Punjab and were absorbed into the population.

I doubt if Mughal can be classified as an ethnicity. They are just people with mixed ancestry, most of them anyways.

So in Pakistan Brahmin or Khatri become tribes instead of Caste because there is no caste system in Pakistan. :laughcry::laughcry:

Yes. For example, Allama Iqbal comes from a Kashmiri Brahmin descent. And he is a Shaikh.

Entire Mohyal sub-clans of Punjabi Brahmans from Sargodha to Jhelum converted to Islam, and adopted the surname of Shaikh. I have the names of many such families living in Pakistani Punjab today.

This is also true of Dogra Brahmins, and Brahmins from Kangra-Garhwal-Kumaon, who accepted Islam.

Also, the Brahmans in Hazara KPK.

I doubt if Mughal can be classified as an ethnicity. They are just people with mixed ancestry, most of them anyways.

I think you know squat about us and our Ethnicities.

Mughals means the army men [from Uzbek-Turkmen-Tatari] backgrounds. They are one of the most numerous peoples in Punjab. Among the best warriors, and most handsome of people. But there are also other Turkic tribes, who are cousins of Mughals. I included them as Turkic. They include Qazalbash, Khorasani Turks, Hazaras, Aimak, Uighars etc all of whom settled in Punjab and were absorbed into the population.

I agree with you, but the typical Mughals are people with last names of Mirza ( my last name ), Baig, Barlas, Changezi, Chughtai etc. as these were Mughal tribes from the lineage of Changez Khan and Taimur Lang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom