What's new

PTI CM Nominee: No enmity with the Taliban,calls for peace talks.

Imran is very clear on his policy with TTP.

He will give them an opportunity to come to the negotiation table and discuss their pains and grievances. Create a solution.

If TTP do not want this then he will allow the army to hunt them down till their are dead.

Give peace a chance for once.

PESHAWAR: Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI) senior leader and soon-to-be Chief Minister of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province, Pervez Khattak on Friday said that the coming provincial government was ready to hold talks with the outlawed Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) militants.

We have no enmity with the Taliban, said the PTI central Secretary General. He said the Taliban were also Pakistanis and that they request the militant group to hold peace talks and work for peace in the region.

“We appeal to Taliban that we are not at war with you, this province is yours and we are hopeful you will work for its peace.

“We are not against anyone and not here to fight anyone, we want peace and development in our province and we want to talk to them, ” he said.

Pervaiz Khattak also said that they should be given a chance to settle the problem.

“Our request to them is that we want peace in the province and that they should extend to us their help,” Khattak said.

dawn . com/2013/05/17/no-enmity-with-the-taliban-says-pti-cm-designate/

Of course Baloor's example in front of PTI. Poor ANP, they got when it was too late.
In fact PTI's task given by their foreign planners to control situation while NATO/US are packing to exit.

They should avoid the mistakes made by pakistan during the multiple swat deals.

BTW what were those mistakes? Can someone shed some light for the sake of this discussion?

Wait and see.....dont jump to conclusions.

What conclusions? Isn't the conclusion visible for us all to see?

Tell me yourself, what was the conclusion of Nizam e Adal regulation?

As I said earlier, PTI is kind of naive in saying this issue of Talib-b@stards is something really simple.

PTI says (at least that's what I understood) that if we could do the following, TTP will be like a puppy dog.

--- Sop the drones
--- Take Pak army out of FATA
--- Negotiate with TTP.

OK.

This naiveté could result in on of the following

-- They use this immense youth power and support to destroy the foundations of militancy.
-- PTI gets bombed out and blown up by TTP just like what happened to ANP

As many are saying here, that TTP is sharpening their knifes to skin yet another naive group of youngsters.

And sadly this probably is going to happen.

However there is a remote chance that PTI can use IK charisma (that is absent in pretty much every other politician), IK's established reputation of being corrruption free, may work, in stopping the Talib-B@stards in their tracks.

So what happens if PTI's olive branch to TTP is rejected. What happens then?

You all think it will negatively impact only PTI?

probably not.

Taking on PTI may be the beginning of the end of TTP. Ordinary masses that support TTP goons in the name of Islam may finally abandon TTP.

I am seeing a similar phenomenon in Karachi, where many in my community of Urdu-was are leaving MQM.

This is the first time I am seeing fishers in the MQM's rock solid support base.

If Imran can dig holes in MQM base, who knows PTI may be able to dig much larger holes in TTP support base.

No one can deny that PTI has for the first time, created grass root strong support for democracy itself.

It looks like finally we the Pakistanis are trying to own democracy instead of just talking about it.

It is this very democratic force that can unseat Talib-b@stards in a much less bloodier way than the army solution will do.

And oh by the way, TTP must pray that PTI doesn't turn on it.

Because if that happens, TTP may not find a single cave in Pakistan to hide.

Yes I am saying something way out there.

And some of you may laugh at it.

But I am seeing the sun shining bright on our nation.

And who knows, this time we may get just enough time in the sun, that our weakling little plants of love, tolerance, and mutual trust may take hold.

May take hold.

Ameen

If I could thank you 1000-times for these words. It is like 'Samandar Ko Koozay Me Band Karna'.

What conclusions? Isn't the conclusion visible for us all to see?

Tell me yourself, what was the conclusion of Nizam e Adal regulation?

In swat it was brilliant.
It ended the conflict witnout prolonged war and bloodshed.

In sab ko fauj seedhi kar day gi...

N-league, PTI both have a gross misunderstanding of the situation and are pretty naive...when they'll get in the government and get a few briefings by top honchos, aqal thikanay lag jaye gi.

Yes, each one played their first cards without any dictation but hard to show second because of big bosses behind the doors. In my point of view important here how we can level down dictation and do what we want in favour of Pakistan.

Dr. Ata ur Rehman was one of the most corrupt identity in HEC history. So another -nus mark.

Don't know much of the details, but from what I have heard, he is a very respected figure in literary circles and a very knowledgeable guy.

In swat it was brilliant.
It ended the conflict witnout prolonged war and bloodshed.

NIzam-e-Adal regulation meant that you bowed down to the demands of the terrorists and surrendered yourself in front of them, you failed to establish your writ and the state failed.

In the end, it was the Taliban which again started the violence when they found out that Pakistani state wouldn't bow down further...these people want Shariah (their style) implemented in the whole of Pakistan...you may be very happy with it because you are living in England, but this idea doesn't sell to me or the majority.

Batman jee NS has announced that he will simply promote the most senior person to COAS. So you should aalready know who it will be

Uncle, Its not So Esy? Announcments Often Gets Changed In pakistan?
& What Ever He Do, knife Will Going To Cut Watermillon Any How?

Don't know much of the details, but from what I have heard, he is a very respected figure in literary circles and a very knowledgeable guy.

NIzam-e-Adal regulation meant that you bowed down to the demands of the terrorists and surrendered yourself in front of them, you failed to establish your writ and the state failed.

In the end, it was the Taliban which again started the violence when they found out that Pakistani state wouldn't bow down further...these people want Shariah (their style) implemented in the whole of Pakistan...you may be very happy with it because you are living in England, but this idea doesn't sell to me or the majority.

Thats Called love Of Bhai Unexperinced Ìk, Whatever He say Or Think Is The Last Word On earth? Another MQM In Making? PTl?

Either PTI wants taliban islam in pakistan which involves legalizing man slaughter. Or neither of their leader have got balls to stand against talibans. lanat hai

Shame on PTI they are offering them respect and peace deals while they bombed two mosques yesterday and killed 20 people.

As I said earlier, PTI is kind of naive in saying this issue of Talib-b@stards is something really simple.

PTI says (at least that's what I understood) that if we could do the following, TTP will be like a puppy dog.

--- Sop the drones
--- Take Pak army out of FATA
--- Negotiate with TTP.

OK.

This naiveté could result in on of the following

-- They use this immense youth power and support to destroy the foundations of militancy.
-- PTI gets bombed out and blown up by TTP just like what happened to ANP

As many are saying here, that TTP is sharpening their knifes to skin yet another naive group of youngsters.

And sadly this probably is going to happen.

However there is a remote chance that PTI can use IK charisma (that is absent in pretty much every other politician), IK's established reputation of being corrruption free, may work, in stopping the Talib-B@stards in their tracks.

So what happens if PTI's olive branch to TTP is rejected. What happens then?

You all think it will negatively impact only PTI?

probably not.

Taking on PTI may be the beginning of the end of TTP. Ordinary masses that support TTP goons in the name of Islam may finally abandon TTP.

I am seeing a similar phenomenon in Karachi, where many in my community of Urdu-was are leaving MQM.

This is the first time I am seeing fishers in the MQM's rock solid support base.

If Imran can dig holes in MQM base, who knows PTI may be able to dig much larger holes in TTP support base.

No one can deny that PTI has for the first time, created grass root strong support for democracy itself.

It looks like finally we the Pakistanis are trying to own democracy instead of just talking about it.

It is this very democratic force that can unseat Talib-b@stards in a much less bloodier way than the army solution will do.

And oh by the way, TTP must pray that PTI doesn't turn on it.

Because if that happens, TTP may not find a single cave in Pakistan to hide.

Yes I am saying something way out there.

And some of you may laugh at it.

But I am seeing the sun shining bright on our nation.

And who knows, this time we may get just enough time in the sun, that our weakling little plants of love, tolerance, and mutual trust may take hold.

May take hold.

Ameen

Thats pretty optimistic from your end but this problem is not as simple.

Taliban refused to accept IK support against Drone strikes, they didn't let him enter Waziristan and you are saying IK personality can do the magic and bring peace lol

Firstly the PTI approach to handle this problem is extremely childish and TTP bastards are ruthless they are not old tribal people with British weaponry of 1942, they attacked our air bases and military installations with precision, their priority will be to bomb KPK, scare PTI immature leadership, PTI will force army to withdraw troops for peace dialogues and then they will take this opportunity to come back and take control of their areas.

Insafians leadership have habit to exaggerate things like we will do clean sweep, those who can't form a good strategy for elections you think they can handle such complex and national security issue on their own? Hell Nooo

We need to form national security policy involving all stake holder Army, Federal Gov, Prov Gov, Agencies then you can solve this issue, this is not a solution (Nominated PTI CM to Talibans) "Yeh Pakistan aap ka ha" Hum app ko izzat deny ko tyar hain and they bombed two mosques and killed 20 people.

TNSF is separate phenomena from taliban, started in early 90s and has roots in late 70s...they became allies of taliban.. They were very ambitious to enforce sharia in the region and attacked dir and buner after swat fall to occupy it..they were going on with invasions but they underestimated the capabilities and power of pak army....
Taliban who are based in FATA, the mehsud group, was never ambitious to establish their control over settled districts...though they have presence there...their turf is FATA and they are pretty much contained...if you watch their videos they have said it several times that they would remain limited to FATA if army stops operations against them, if not then they would try to capture peshawer...they realize that they cant operate in plain areas of KPK..
Wazir talibans have non-aggression pacts with pak army, maulvi nazir group is especially very cooperative with army...these are same wazir taliban who were fighting against pak army under nek mohammad...i believe mehsud taliban would never lay down their arms but can be convinced to operate like maulvi nazir group and hafiz gul bahadur group...
TTP had not respect for secular ANP at all, but they seem to have soft spot for PTI and PML-N, it is golden oppurtunity to make peace with them...yes 50 thousands people are killed by them , but we also dont want to let another 50 thousands people get killed by them in next decade....

Back
Top Bottom