What's new

Process of Manufacturing Next Gen Fighter at PAC To Start Soon

I feel as if there is something we are missing in this analysis. And that is the fact that recently Pakistan has finalized sales of a significant number of Super Mashshaks and JF-17s to other countries as well. It would be safe to say those countries will be expecting their orders within the next few years. I don't remember all the numbers off the top of my head so can you guys please help filling in the following table:

Super Mashshak
----------------------
Number: 50

JF-17
-------
Number: ????

Number: ?????

Number: ??????

Number: EoI (Expression of Interest) only

Number: EoI

I feel as if behind the scenes, PAF will definitely be developing more manufacturing capacity. If that is true, then it makes sense that they might increase it to a point where work on a next generation fighter can start in parallel.

10 for Nigeria and 10 for Qatar

Super Mashshak
----------------------

JF-17
-------

Number: 10

Super Mashshak
----------------------

JF-17
-------

Super Mashshak
----------------------
Number: 52

JF-17
--------------

Myanmar = 16 ($560 Million Deal)
Nigeria = 3 (initially)

that's the list

That is FC-31 it will be called JF-31 in PAF..

1) Is feasible (but why reinvent the wheel?) it will be JF-31 based on J-31 v2 and will evolve to v3 and v4 if possible
2) Take Turkey for example, even with its access to the most advanced technologies and no money problems it is still in design stage of a next generation fighter, Pakistan can join in but dreaming about a whole 5th generation fighter, designed and made in Pakistan might need some decades to realize.. the First step in the right direction is point 1) (see above)

It was 250 in the beginning, it was cut to150 and now 250 again!? I Think it is a typing error, since the following sentence contradicts it: "An official of the Pakistan Air Force said it would soon start the process of manufacturing the next generation fighter aircraft at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra." the same facilities where the JF-17 are made. so to guess it right, the next generation manufacturing will start "soon" after the JF-17 Blk 3 is done with..

The final number of jf-17s in PAF may even exceed the 250 mark considering how flexible and versatile the aircraft is turning out to be. Not to mention, no foreign intervention with this baby.

Hello all.
PAF will continue JF17 program and also add many more . Why I am claiming this . Answer is that's the only Option left for us , that's Y PAF making aeronautical city and upgrading so many other facilities .
Brothers we will have JF31 V2 minimum , then rest upgrades will be done in Pakistan , as JF17 . And also we may have our own designee 4.5+ fighter jet.
China does not need JF31 so any future development and R&D will be done in Pakistan , JF 17 future blocks will also come from Pakistan.
Also Add TFX in to this list, we already have done R&D (our own upgrades ) to current PAF jets , with and without help of respective countries.
Few things are extremely expensive (like Engine) to manufacture , We will buy them from market with local maintenance.
Thank you all

its hard to believe in this news ... we still have to wait 1-2 years to see first JF block3 rolling out .

Its a defence news and here soon never means as soon as tomorrow :rolleyes:. If they say soon then it well means with in 1 to 2 years.

An official of the Pakistan Air Force said it would soon start the process of manufacturing the next generation fighter aircraft at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra.

At present, they are engaged in increasing the number of JF-17 Thunder aircraft into the air force fleet to 250 from the current 70. “Intensive technology is being used to make JF-17 Thunder, Super Mushshak and other military hardware,” he said.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1243724/ideas-2016-navy-considering-buying-warships-china-turkey/

We are still not complying the ongoing projects because of lack of man power and starting another jet is just a pseudo news.

Its a defence news and here soon never means as soon as tomorrow :rolleyes:. If they say soon then it well means with in 1 to 2 years.

Its quite impossible cause we still have to see block 3 first ... so far we are working on JF at PAC .. there is no way PAC has enough space for joint Development of JF and 5th Gen fighter ..

PAF is already working on j-31 with chines that much i confirmed from my uncle in paf. But what kind of work, he is unable to tell me. so i think paf will work on j-31 by making it a Pakistani modified jf-18 5th gen.

It is not hard to work on both project, everything could be arranged. The biggest hurdle would be finance. Other issues can be managed.

If there is a will there is a way.

Indeginious 5th generation program is always too costly for Pakistan. I really don't find a reason to even discuss such a scenario

Yes, from what I've seen it's true. The only viable route is to be part of a multi-national project.

However, to buy a 5th generation without any industrial input on our part is a massive mistake.

What is a 4.5 gen plane? how do you think JF17 BLK 3 will turn into one?

@araz @Dazzler you guys might find this interesting. Lets see what our friends have to say on this.

Just a more advanced 4th gen plane. Block 3 is set to have an AESA radar among other things, it will clearly be a 4.5th gen fighter.

What is a 4.5 gen plane? how do you think JF17 BLK 3 will turn into one?

@araz @Dazzler you guys might find this interesting. Lets see what our friends have to say on this.
I have been saying for some time that the later iterations of Thunder are what people are talking about. There can not be another project going on simultaneously with the financial condition of Pakistan being what it is.
I also feel that the next acquisition for PAF will be j31/ equivalent rather than any other twin engined behemoth be it second third or fourth hand. Our finances rather than the need for such a fighter is the reason.
So we have to survive till 2023-25 before we buy the j31/ equivalent. In the interim we may strike it lucky if the Indians refuse to buy the 16s then the route to buy some second hand ones will open up. If not we keep on developing JFT and making it more and more relevant and potent. This remains our destiny and our future. The emphasis will be on better radars and missiles rather than another platform.
People have harped on about a stealth version of jf17 fighter. I think it is all a smoke screen and only those changes which are necessary will be made to keep the costs down.
We are definitely on the up in our aviation industry. However to say that we will make this or that or be a financial partner in XYZ Programme is beyond the scope of reality. However what I dont know and dontunderstand is why we cannot increase our manufacturing capbilities to building the whole airframe. Is it just a matter of time or of time and money or simply the fact that the technical ability to manufacture the rest of the air frame is beyond us.
You are however all free to wonder and pontificate.
A

Back
Top Bottom