What's new

Process of Manufacturing Next Gen Fighter at PAC To Start Soon

jawadqamar

Reaction score
An official of the Pakistan Air Force said it would soon start the process of manufacturing the next generation fighter aircraft at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra.

At present, they are engaged in increasing the number of JF-17 Thunder aircraft into the air force fleet to 250 from the current 70. “Intensive technology is being used to make JF-17 Thunder, Super Mushshak and other military hardware,” he said.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1243724/ideas-2016-navy-considering-buying-warships-china-turkey/

its hard to believe in this news ... we still have to wait 1-2 years to see first JF block3 rolling out .

Rumour are that
i) Pakistani version of J31
ii) Or much more interestingly and mouth-wateringly, a locally designed fighter.

No 2 would be a bit like our missile forces, using Chinese technology to design and fabricate systems suited to our needs,

What's Pakistani version of J-31??

Rumour are that
ii) Or much more interestingly and mouth-wateringly, a locally designed fighter.

No 2 would be a bit like our missile forces, using Chinese technology to design and fabricate systems suited to our needs,

We will buy the J-31 and use that, and eventually build our own later on.

What's Pakistani version of J-31??
That is FC-31 it will be called JF-31 in PAF..

Rumour are that

1) Is feasible (but why reinvent the wheel?) it will be JF-31 based on J-31 v2 and will evolve to v3 and v4 if possible
2) Take Turkey for example, even with its access to the most advanced technologies and no money problems it is still in design stage of a next generation fighter, Pakistan can join in but dreaming about a whole 5th generation fighter, designed and made in Pakistan might need some decades to realize.. the First step in the right direction is point 1) (see above)

An official of the Pakistan Air Force said it would soon start the process of manufacturing the next generation fighter aircraft at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra.

At present, they are engaged in increasing the number of JF-17 Thunder aircraft into the air force fleet to 250 from the current 70. “Intensive technology is being used to make JF-17 Thunder, Super Mushshak and other military hardware,” he said.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1243724/ideas-2016-navy-considering-buying-warships-china-turkey/
It was 250 in the beginning, it was cut to150 and now 250 again!? I Think it is a typing error, since the following sentence contradicts it: "An official of the Pakistan Air Force said it would soon start the process of manufacturing the next generation fighter aircraft at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra." the same facilities where the JF-17 are made. so to guess it right, the next generation manufacturing will start "soon" after the JF-17 Blk 3 is done with..

Last edited:
That is FC-31 it will be called JF-31 in PAF..

1) Is feasible (but why reinvent the wheel?) it will be JF-31 based on J-31 v2 and will evolve to v3 and v4 if possible
2) Tke Turkey for example and even with it access to the most advanced technologies and no money problems is still in design stage of a next generation fighter, Pakistan can join in but dreaming about a whole 5th generation fighter, designed and made in Pakistan might need some decades to realize.. the First step in the right direction is point 1) (see above)

It was 250 in the beginning, it was cut to150 and now 250 again!? I Think it is a typing error, since the following sentence contradicts it: "An official of the Pakistan Air Force said it would soon start the process of manufacturing the next generation fighter aircraft at the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra." the same facilities where the JF-17 are made. so to guess it right, the next generation manufacturing will start "soon" after the JF-17 Blk 3 is done with..

thanks

If we stop after JF17 Block III, then that would be a blunder. We need to continue the process to gain experience and gain market for aircraft export.

J31 V2 making would be a good step. We can not call it JF31. It is still not designated with this name by PAF.

Indeginious 5th generation program is always too costly for Pakistan. I really don't find a reason to even discuss such a scenario

We need to focus on JF-17 for few more years before starting another project from scratch. Pakistan have been able to obsorb 58% technology from JF-17 project and it will be nice to see if we can learn as much as possible before starting a project by our own. I would always advocate another joint venture with China for 5th Generation aircraft after 2020

Pakistan does not have enough resources to start another program in parallel to JF-17 so I guess we just need to realistic

In the meantime we can talk about buying few squadrons of FC-31 from China

Indeginious 5th generation program is always too costly for Pakistan. I really don't find a reason to even discuss such a scenario

We need to focus on JF-17 for few more years before starting another project from scratch. Pakistan have been able to obsorb 58% technology from JF-17 project and it will be nice to see if we can learn as much as possible before starting a project by our own. I would always advocate another joint venture with China for 5th Generation aircraft after 2020

Pakistan does not have enough resources to start another program in parallel to JF-17 so I guess we just need to realistic

In the meantime we can talk about buying few squadrons of FC-31 from China

Sir I think Pakistan will have J-31 with pakistani specs, just like J-7 were for F-7..... nothing else in 5th Gen, because JV with anyone would be too time consuming and costly, both which Pakistan don't have..... only solution is J-31.

250 means 20 ac per sqn 12.5 .5 being Ccs and pac may keep one or 2

12×20 = 240 plus 10

So 2 A5 4 f7 3 pg and 3.5 mirage sqn will be replaced at min by jf rest by f16 and plus new ac.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom