What's new

President Zardari donates all body organs

Dude, what are you smoking?
PM & FM are not Shias.
No Gilani is ever a Shia.
Shias mock the Gilani burried in Iraq.

If that is not enough, I am a Gilani as well( not a relative of the PM); PM's grandfather used to
stay in Lahore as my great grand father's guest. The PM personally confirmed that to me back when he was in NA. His nephew Asad is my friend and we use to chase the PM is Lahore over the weekend & show up at the same restaurant he would go to . He always paid for our order!!!

So once again, he or the FM are not Shia.

TechLahore is right in this regard

Everybody knows about the Bhutto family that they are shia's

You can read about Yousuf Raza Gilani from this link

Syed Yousaf Raza Gillani Biography - Syed Yousaf Raza Gillani Childhood, Syed Yousaf Raza Gilani Profile

However i don't think Shah Mehmood Qureshi is Shia. There are Shah in both Sunni's and Shia's and as far as i know he is Sunni

I wonder... if they have a policy of telling recipient about the donor before transplant? ;)

Zardari has shown to be working towards betterment of hid image and country and I appreciate it.

Please remember, he is our leader and we must stand by him, because it is us who he represents and he has been trying very hard.

How about donating his money which he looted from the people of Pakistan.

Zardari has shown to be working towards betterment of hid image and country and I appreciate it.

Please remember, he is our leader and we must stand by him, because it is us who he represents and he has been trying very hard.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl

Sure... he is trying hard to represent us.... it's the wider world which finds it hard to believe.

He may have been appreciated more if he may had worked towards betterment of people of Pakistan and the state.

Updated at: 1905 PST, Wednesday, March 17, 2010
ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari on Wednesday became the first President to donate all his body organs, after signing a landmark bill to regulate transplant of human organs in the country.

The President made the announcement of “donating his whole body” after his life, as he inked the document in a ceremony held at Aiwan-e-Sadr, also attended among others by Federal Ministers and health experts.

President Zardari said he took the decision in light of Shaheed Benazir Bhutto’s philosophy of living for others.

The President said Pakistan was singled out in the world community due to the notorious trade of organ transplant of body organs and urged the Parliament and the doctors to create awareness about the issue among the masses.

He asked the doctor’s community to inform the government in case of any violation and help save precious lives.

“No law can be effective without people’s support,” the President said and sought the help of the masses in countering the illegal trade.

The President said “Pakistanis were a responsible nation and known for being thoughtful, forgiving and loving.”

Zardari said only a small mindset was bringing bad name to the country. “What we look for is discipline of mind,” he added.

The law that now makes sale and unauthorized transplant of body organs punishable with up to 10 years in prison provides for a regulatory mechanism, including a high-level federal monitoring authority and evaluation committees, for the removal, storage and transplantation of human organs and tissues for therapeutic purposes.

The President said by using modern technology, Pakistan can be made a better place to live in and appreciated the political consensus evolved to make the legislation a success.

Shamefull reaction from people like jana, peacefull Indian, zaki and gang.

Its a very basic and noble thing to do.

I wonder people trolling here would be saying that if his kidney was saving someone you loved or a brave soldier in the PA who got injured fighting the TTP.

Organ Donation should be mandatory in all countries.

Bravo Zardari.

On a lighter side the guy who recieves his brain may also inherit the swiss bank accn nos not yet un-earthed in his memory.

:angel:

Syed Yousaf Raza Gillani Biography - Syed Yousaf Raza Gillani Childhood, Syed Yousaf Raza Gilani Profile

However i don't think Shah Mehmood Qureshi is Shia. There are Shah in both Sunni's and Shia's and as far as i know he is Sunni

Well, I ve yet to meet a Gilani Shia then.
I am sure I would ve know if the PM is a Shia.
I ll confirm with Asad, Pm is is mamoo !

this is just politics. One can bet that when he is dead, his children and relatives suddenly will get a change of mind and would provide all sorts of arguments against this.

Also, if Zardari were to donate all of his wealth of part of it in genetic/tissue/stemcell research, with those billions, surely scientists would perfect lab organ growing, benefiting not just a a couple of people (in organ donation case) but millions of people (in wealth donation).

Also, us Pakistanis need to start judging politicians not on what they say/promise, but what they do and deliver.:azn:

one should appreciate his nobel gesture, i have heard people hate him only because he's a Shia and from Sindh.

I have heard that people hate you only because you're a homosexual. Whats up with the naked bollywood actor in your avatar :tdown:

lol IN HOSPITAL "Doctor" you got youself a donor ... "PAITENT" yess thanks god who is this person?????!???? well its no other than mr zardi .PAITENT........ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank you for an empathetic human response.

I am not a Zardari supporter. By a LONG stretch. But I was disappointed to see that there was not one single word of appreciation about him doing - by any measure - a fairly noble thing. The fact of the matter is that the decision to donate an organ, much less all your organs, is not an easy one. There must exist an iota of good somewhere in him that caused him to take this step. Instead of reinforcing the good, we are quick to condemn or make fun of it. Can we please praise good actions, even if we cannot praise the person? Can we please be positive about the countless wonderful and great things about our country? Can we please dispense with our cutting sarcasm at least some of the time?

A very brace decision, Asif Ali Zardari! Good job, and we hope to see many more positive decisions and actions for you, which are in the interest of Pakistan and its people. :pakistan:
Problem is most people feel its just a publicity stunt. The type of deeply traditional zaat, paat type of folks these people are, the ones that keep shouting "Kal bhi Bhutto, Zinda tha, aaj bhi bhutto Zinda hai" I really doubt they will allow his body parts to be salvaged after his death. BB's body was not even allowed to be autopsied.

Habib Jalib said it best:

Tum nay loota hai sadyon hamara sakoon,
Ab na hum per chalay ga tumhara fasoon,
Charagar dardmandon ke bantay ho kyun?
Charagar main tumhain kiss tarhan say kahoon?
Tum naheen charaagar,
Koi maanay magar,
Main naheen maanta,
Main naheen jaanta.

Well, I ve yet to meet a Gilani Shia then.
I am sure I would ve know if the PM is a Shia.
I ll confirm with Asad, Pm is is mamoo !

Sir, you are confusing your Gilanis. There are two kind of Gilanis. One type - which is apparently your family - are named after Abdul Qadir Gilani. The other type of Gilanis are from Gilan in Iran and are shias.

You should check your facts before you ask people what they "are smoking".

It shouldn't matter at all who is shia, sunni, christian or parsi. I was just pointing out this information in context of an insinuation our indian friend had made (i.e. zardari is disliked because he is shia).

Trust me, Shah Mehmood is shia. I know this for a fact.

You know how twisted politicians are, they always talk with double meaning. The word organ has two meanings. It can also refer to musical instrument. When he is dead, Pakistanis might end up getting his piano and mouth organ! ;)

But seriously, he might have said it as a political stunt, but if he signed a document agreeing to donate organs, then his organs can be harvested upon his death.

Gimmick or not, if this can make at least one person decide to donate his/her organs, then it would still be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom