What's new

Poverty in Britain - Why are millions of Brits so broke?

The US will be ok. Not Britain though. They are two very different countries. The US is a continental sized country that is self sustaining in terms of its resources and is still a great destination for the best talents all over the world. The US also features innumerable cities and regions for immigrants to settle in depending on what lifestyle, culture, industry, climate they prefer. So the US will continue to be a leading and innovating country for decades to come. The multicultural sociery of the US is a plus. it is able to absorb tens of millions of immigrants and make them productive citizens and reap the benefits of their talent. Thats something that East Asian countries cant do and thats why it will be hard for China to match America's influence.

Great post!

third world? you mean like in india open defecation
Its funny seeing an Indian calling Britain 3rd world and poor shithole Lmao.😂🤣 The irony. 🤣 I would have seen everything on PDF. 😂

The people from real 3rd world countries have no business making fun of a developed country, especially when their people are still trying everything to immigrate here and many are even dying in the sea, desert, containers trying to come here and get our passport. 😂 I don't see no british person dying in the sea/desert trying to get to their 3rd world country or queing up in embassies to get their visas/passports. 🤣 That alone shows who is still the real 3rd world.😂

Last edited:
Its funny seeing an Indian calling Britain 3rd world and poor shithole Lmao.😂🤣 The irony. 🤣 I would have seen everything on PDF. 😂

The real 3rd world countries have no business making fun of a developed country, especially when their people are still trying everything to immograte here and many are even dying in the sea, desert, containers trying to come here and get our passport. 😂 I don't see no british person dying in the sea/desert trying to get to their 3rd world country or queing up in embassies to get their visas/passports. 🤣 That alone shows who is still the real 3rd world.😂
britain can go low on economy but not third world. it has benefit system and free healthcare and high school free education in place. plus it has running pipe water. india doesn't have these not even toilets but calls itself super power.

So is it a good idea to have UK immigration ?
Don't listen to them
It's a good idea

UK still has lot more earnings potential

It's just that freebies UK people were use to , are going away

Brexit and then seizing assets of Russian Oligarchs sealed the fate of the overgrown tax shelter masquerading as a country.

All they have left is dollar swap lines and infinite rehypothecation.

This effectively relegates them to only being a Wall Street back office.
Biggest mistake

They should have stayed away from Ukraine war and profited instead

The real 3rd world countries have no business making fun of a developed country, especially when their people are still trying everything to immograte here and many are even dying in the sea, desert, containers trying to come here and get our passport. 😂 I don't see no british person dying in the sea/desert trying to get to their 3rd world country or queing up in embassies to get their visas/passports. 🤣 That alone shows who is still the real 3rd world.😂
These ultranationalist Indians have created a whole new level of irony. You should see the comment section of the YouTube videos of news channels where India is criticised. You will find Indians making fun of developed countries and saying how much better their India is. As much as I like to brutally criticize my fellow countrymen, at least they never claim that Pakistan is even remotely comparable to the developed world. Even the most hardcore CCP bot knows that there's a limit to delusion despite knowing that China is an actual superpower.

Also, do these clowns not see the irony of going to a Pakistani forum to troll Pakistan? How pathetic does one have to be to waste one's own precious time trolling all day?

I feel sorry for Indian gentlemen like @Joe Shearer, @SoulSpokesman and a few others, who have spent years on PDF as admirable and civilized ambassadors of their country.

These ultranationalist Indians have created a whole new level of irony. You should see the comment section of the YouTube videos of news channels where India is criticised. You will find Indians making fun of developed countries and saying how much better their India is. As much as I like to brutally criticize my fellow countrymen, at least they never claim that Pakistan is even remotely comparable to the developed world. Even the most hardcore CCP bot knows that there's a limit to delusion despite knowing that China is an actual superpower.

Also, do these clowns not see the irony of going to a Pakistani forum to troll Pakistan? How pathetic does one have to be to waste one's own precious time trolling all day?

I feel sorry for Indian gentlemen like @Joe Shearer, @SoulSpokesman and a few others, who have spent years on PDF as admirable and civilized ambassadors of their country.
india is a supaar powaaar

Yeah really depend on the neighborhood, i assume.

Oslo is as safe as it gets. But like everyplace if you hang out with bad people, sooner or later bad things will happen.

The annual murder rate in Norway is extremely low. Death by robbery really never happes. If there is a murder ususally the victim and perpetrator is related. So a inncocent 3rd party is never really involved. Would say even the most «bad» neighborhoods in Oslo is safer than most other places on Earth.

Whats attracting about USA is the muticultural thing, and that people generally are extremely friendly and greets strangers.

I have also considered Spain, Malaysia and Australia. As a muslim i want my children to grow up and be good muslims too. So Malaysia and Indonesia are good options. Gulf countries generally seem OK but from what i have heard from Bangladeshi expats, its a hirarchial society.

Which brings me to another thing about USA i like; egalitarian outlook.

Its really boring and people are so narrowminded. Norway is a orderly country and full of good job opportunities and healthcare.

But once you live here as long as i did, you see a nation thats been an isolated place and rocky outskirt of Europe until very recently.
Malaysia and Indonesia seem like developed Muslim countries right in the middle of many job opportunities and a good environment for raising children from any media I’ve seen about the countries.

Indonesia in particular seems like it has the resources and is large enough to keep growing on a sustainable long term basis. Could be a good place to put down roots.

@FuturePAF whom you quoted is correct: America is still the land of opportunities and provides the most level playing field regardless of one's background in the entire world!! Even Canada pales in comparison.

Norway is great but suffers from the horrible climate. Where I live in America, it is safe and has nice weather 7-8 months a year and even in dead winter or harsh summers, it's not too bad. This year's summer is hot but so far the warmest has been 93 F and despite living here for decades, I have only seen maybe 3 times when temp was between 0-10 F and only once the temp around 100 F.

Speaking of Britain, poverty is an issue there as is here in America. I once met some young Brits on a cruise--they came all the way to America for a Carribean cruise in winter!!-- and they told me it were the old Brits who chose Brexit. Sounds like wrong choice but I don't know. I could never live in the UK--too crowded, too tiny, and an island nation. Portugal, Spain, Greece or Italy would be my choice.
Agreed. The US has enough space to accommodate another hundred more million people over the coming century and still not feel too crowded. With the shift of work from home and the desire to turn empty office buildings in the major cities into the new luxury housing for the global elite moving out of their counties, we have room to grow in many ways. Even our suburbs will get better main streets as work from home leads to more amenities in the suburbs.

Bringing back manufacturing will also go along way of bringing back the Midwest, the south as well as the west. So in a decade there will be more opportunities in the trades for a lot of young people willing to work hard.

We have a decade of hardship ahead, but it looks bright for the US. Can’t say the same for much of the developing or the developed world.

Canada is indeed getting poorer.

1690251323246.png

The British is not as motivated as in the past.

They are working but halfhearted.

This can be seen in their company.

Jaguar is not as good as BMW and Mercedes Benz.

Land Rover quality is not as good as Lexus, and they are not having any will to fix it.

British is pretty relaxed, just doing whatever they can do and they think it's done.

They prioritize passing laws to punish other countries, but forget to help themselves.

Yet we still give aid to China and India .

Lol
Stop peddling these half truths, GOI has asked UK to stop this aid shit long back. Bilateral aid to India by UK gov stopped way back in 2015, all you are doing is investing in the name of aid in a growing economy.

Effin Colonizers still trying to look cool, and talking shit about our country.

Malaysia and Indonesia seem like developed Muslim countries right in the middle of many job opportunities and a good environment for raising children from any media I’ve seen about the countries.

Indonesia in particular seems like it has the resources and is large enough to keep growing on a sustainable long term basis. Could be a good place to put down roots.

South Asian looking Indonesian (Muslim)

@FuturePAF whom you quoted is correct: America is still the land of opportunities and provides the most level playing field regardless of one's background in the entire world!! Even Canada pales in comparison.

Norway is great but suffers from the horrible climate. Where I live in America, it is safe and has nice weather 7-8 months a year and even in dead winter or harsh summers, it's not too bad. This year's summer is hot but so far the warmest has been 93 F and despite living here for decades, I have only seen maybe 3 times when temp was between 0-10 F and only once the temp around 100 F.

Speaking of Britain, poverty is an issue there as is here in America. I once met some young Brits on a cruise--they came all the way to America for a Carribean cruise in winter!!-- and they told me it were the old Brits who chose Brexit. Sounds like wrong choice but I don't know. I could never live in the UK--too crowded, too tiny, and an island nation. Portugal, Spain, Greece or Italy would be my choice.

May i ask where i the US you live?

When i search for safest cities in America, it almost always names smalls suburban places with 10-50K inhabitants, mostly seniors and retirements.

I would prefer a place with a population of at least 1 million and with fairly equal distribution of age groups. Preferably near the coast and warm climate.

Florida, Texas, California maybe….

Last edited:
The US will be ok. Not Britain though. They are two very different countries. The US is a continental sized country that is self sustaining in terms of its resources and is still a great destination for the best talents all over the world. The US also features innumerable cities and regions for immigrants to settle in depending on what lifestyle, culture, industry, climate they prefer. So the US will continue to be a leading and innovating country for decades to come. The multicultural sociery of the US is a plus. it is able to absorb tens of millions of immigrants and make them productive citizens and reap the benefits of their talent. Thats something that East Asian countries cant do and thats why it will be hard for China to match America's influence.

Britain however is a sad little grey island that only prospered due to the freak chance of history that allowed it to become a colonial power. The UK is fucked.

Aside from some cool parts of London and some scenic touristy destinations, most of the UK is depressing as hell. In Europe, I’d much rather live by the Mediterranean and have access to real cuisine with women in bikinis around then slogging through mud, powered by survival food like I would be living in the UK.
In the past The US used to get the cream of the crop in terms of immigrants with high IQ's. Nowdays they get aslym seekers, not people from te old communist bloc trying to sell their talents to a more rewarding society. After ww2, all those german engineers etc migrated to the US. You just cannot progress at the same rate when you import massive unskilled low IQ peoples from nations with no rudimentary plumbing. For this reason China will easily overtake the US as American avg IQ declines.

May i ask where i the US you live?
When i search for safest cities in America, it almost always names smalls suburban places with 10-50K inhabitants, mostly seniors and retirements.
I would prefer a place with a population of at least 1 million and with fairly equal distribution of age groups. Preferably near the coast and warm climate.
Florida, Texas, California maybe….

Southern Appalachian region--probably the safest region in America from climatic/weather stresses. Semi rural but facilities within 15-20 minutes. Based on what you are saying, you wouldn't like it. And frankly I too sometimes miss the 'city' and its buzz--and the nearest for me would be a 40 minute drive and even that wouldn't be a 'city' for you.
I am happy where I am. You couldn't pay me to live in TX or FL--too hot for me. I like cooler climate but not terribly cold. I have seen and recorded 5 F in last winter outside my house but that's rare.

Back
Top Bottom