What's new

Poll - What inlet design would you like to see on the NGFA ?

What inlet design would you like to see on the NGFA ?

• YF-23 Black Widow Style

Votes: 37 46.3%
  • Dorsal inlets with DSI leading to S-channels

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • F22 Raptor

Votes: 22 27.5%
  • UCAVs (MQ-20) Style

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • DSI

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • None of the above

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other Solutions (Specify solution in thread)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
So the quality and discussion of PDF is now left to the OPINION of members rather than factual discussion???

SHWEET... I see this being productive...

The YF-23 inlet allowed the design to achieve a world class flight envelope performance while being stealthier then the F-22. Why mess with what works. Go for the YF-23 inlet.

the inlet had panels at the top to reduce the IR signature and the exhaust was like that of the B-2; tiles for the hot air from the engines to go over as well as small holes in those tiles to allow cools air that had bypassed around the engine to come out and mix with the engine exhaust. It was a phenomenal design.

Last edited:
I think speed should not be a priority. A few of you can check some research papers and do some simulations. Post it here, or send it to PF if you think you did a better job.

I think speed should not be a priority. A few of you can check some research papers and do some simulations. Post it here, or send it to PF if you think you did a better job.

Speed is still important in BVR combat; especially if that is coupled with the ability to fly higher then your opponent or further then the enemy Sam site trying to target you. Launching from high enough and far enough and fast enough will allow the munition to be as far away from the enemy as its max range allows and will keep the fighter as much as possible out of harms way.

Saw this one in Zuhai Air Show 2021 thread
1632380372980.png

And some details shared by @JamD in AZM Thread

1632380660933.png

1632380642543.png

No relationship between the two I am fairly certain. No Chinese link to what I posted.

I was presenting two different styles. Yes, there is no link to Chinese as to what you posted.

Back
Top Bottom