What's new

POF is working on a new assault rifle, to replace the reliable and long-serving G-3 - Chairman POF

DAWN news wrongly quoted the POF head. Pakistani media at its best once again. We are busy developing our system to produce the Gun which would be selected and produced in Pakistan.

@Zarvan bhai aap kahan hai. :p:
My net was down and I am telling you thing is quoted wrongly

I could not have said it better:woot: @Zarvan
POF chief is referring to new Gun trials no new Gun is being designed by POF. He is just referring to production set up being developed for new Gun.

“Production of LSR sniper rifle has also been started at POF, with a unit cost $6500 compared to the import price of $12,500 per rifle.”
Considering this price difference, It might be an excellent idea to design our own rifle. Its a shame that we didn't start designing our own small arms decades ago despite our rifle culture that is perhaps unlike any other.

Considering this price difference, It might be an excellent idea to design our own rifle. Its a shame that we didn't start designing our own small arms decades ago despite our rifle culture that is perhaps unlike any other.
Getting the Gun with TOT will automatically reduce the price.

Dam !!!! My friend was right. Now I can get the whole picture. It's Saudis who will finance the Gun deal and than through POF they would get one of the best Gun in the world. When my friend told me I made fun of him but it seem he was right.

@balixd @Sulman Badshah @Tipu7

There is no price difference

https://surgeonrifles.com/shop/surgeon-precision-sniper-rifle-psr-338-lapua/

Recent shooting Championship was sponsored by Barretta ...

is there any chance that barretta ARX 200 might have been selected ???

13094314_487193574803701_7726972958653419331_n.jpg

Yaar mujhe bhi ek Gun de do ... Zamana ho gaya real gun dekhe hue :(
last I hold a real gun back when I was 5 years old in Mardam shomari when some Army men come to our house :(

With a little investment, it might not be too hard for POF to come up with an "indigenous" design. It could do what MKEK and Caracal (UAE) did - i.e. take the AR-15, and then build upon it to form a new rifle (e.g. MPT-76 or CAR-816). But I also think the POF chairman was referring to picking a foreign design with full ToT.

Which Sniper Gun is shown in the picture ? And I really hope Berreta is not selected
The poster is Beretta :agree:

With a little investment, it might not be too hard for POF to come up with an "indigenous" design. It could do what MKEK and Caracal (UAE) did - i.e. take the AR-15, and then build upon it to form a new rifle (e.g. MPT-76 or CAR-816).
My only concern is that the Eugene Stoner Based AR platform rifles are on their way of being phased by the US and new platforms are being adopted like SCAR thus it is not wise to go for that Stoner design based rifle in MPT-76. IMHO

Back
Top Bottom