What's new

POF promises Darra gunsmiths training, raw material

Game changing seriously!!!! People who have knowledge of guns in Pakistan don't use local guns and we are dreaming of exporting them.

wow this can be game changing for arms export, our boys there are very talented
Yeh and devastating for Pakistan as these dealers of death have no qualms about who they sell their weapons to, inside or outside Pakistan. We need to redirect them into alternate trade with more worth.

Imported pistols are too damn expensive now .. I support this move of equipping local industry with machinery and metals to produce reliable high quality small firearms. Manufacturers in Peshawar were producing decent slides and frames of clones, but barrels and mags they have been unable to produce in quality.

Export of weapons to Afghanistan won’t be allowed anyways as they themselves have no regulations for firearms. Any exports will have to be very strictly regulated and will only be sent to countries who themselves can ensure they won’t end up in the wrong hands because then Pakistan can get the blame for providing weapons to terrorists, which won’t look good on FATF and other panels.
Export and import of arms to and from Afghanistan isn't allowed, but still happens.
Secondly the gunsmiths might not like these regulations and start backdoor dealings.

Game changing seriously!!!! People who have knowledge of guns in Pakistan don't use local guns and we are dreaming of exporting them.

Local guns are sold alot. If POF can improve their quality, they can produce good quality first copies at 15 to 20℅ of the original's price.
I know a gunsmith, he made me a 9mm copy with genuine barrel, spring, needle and trigger. It never gave me any problems, works perfect and got it at a fraction of the original one's price. There is a good market for first copies in the whole region.

wow this can be game changing for arms export, our boys there are very talented

I have already seen POF produced semi automatics for sale in the US, online etc. and these get great reviews from private buyers.

Not a gun person, so I don't go to gun shows, but some friends told me they are available.

I dont know how I feel about it
on one hand this is part of the culture
but on the other this is dangerous

but if you already have AK's hat difference would a quality AK-103 make?- like you already have guns what difference would higher quality guns make

this BS will give quality weapons in hands of criminals terrorists even street criminals . my question is IF POF WITH BILLIONS OF BUDGET AND MOST HIGH TECH CAN NOT EXPORT GUNS THEN HOW THESE CRIMINALS WILL ? it is black spot on the face of pakistan to be removed ASAP . no guns only peace and tourism .
from 7 years ago cc

Give them easy commercial loans via commercial banks (with zero sarkari involvement) to upgrade equipment and establish international linkages. And then get out of their way.

They'll outshine and out-export Sialkot in a couple of years. The only advantage Sialkot has is that they the Gov leaves them alone to do their thing.

If government allows Sialkotis to make guns no one would buy ghatya darra guns

Given the facilities they have and the restrictions they are under, I'd say Darra guns are very good. Ghatya is a not a word I'd use for them. They just need access to commercial loans and freedom from bureaucracy to flourish. Darra already has a 100 year old legacy and they can very quickly internationalize their products.

Sialkot's advantage is a suitable business/entrepreneurial environment and low interference from Gov depts.

Local guns are sold alot. If POF can improve their quality, they can produce good quality first copies at 15 to 20℅ of the original's price.
I know a gunsmith, he made me a 9mm copy with genuine barrel, spring, needle and trigger. It never gave me any problems, works perfect and got it at a fraction of the original one's price. There is a good market for first copies in the whole region.
How many shots have you fired from your local gun? Local guns are lemon period, I have seen many with crack frames and faulty internals. They are only good for tha tha tha......

How many shots have you fired from your local gun? Local guns are lemon period, I have seen many with crack frames and faulty internals. They are only good for tha tha tha......

I have fired hundreds of rounds throughout the years. There are actually 2 types, one is the dirt cheap, costs 5000 Rs but is used to fool inexperienced customers n sold for 15K to 20K. The good first copy have good quality barrel, spring, needle and trigger. It will weigh abit more and certainly not as good as original but it fires and does the job well. So one can have it for security at a very low price.

Well, i think it should be the darra adam khel weapon makers who should give training to POF guys. Just go and see the weapons they r making. The are producing perfect replicas of foreign weaponry, all they need is good quality material, rest they know what they r doing.
Give them money, material and few months, they can produce an assault rifle design for POF guys saving billions for us.

So not allowing those who want to own legally is basically a just dumb law.
^this^

Pakistani gun laws are so stupid evidence that some stupid people made them
if someone says we have better gun control than other countries

i had a Illegal homemade TT in my hand few days ago. Price 20k.

this BS will give quality weapons in hands of criminals terrorists even street criminals . my question is IF POF WITH BILLIONS OF BUDGET AND MOST HIGH TECH CAN NOT EXPORT GUNS THEN HOW THESE CRIMINALS WILL ? it is black spot on the face of pakistan to be removed ASAP . no guns only peace and tourism .
I think this is an opportunity to legitimize and bring them into the system so that sales can be traced. (atleast better)

Back
Top Bottom