What's new

PNS Azmat Class - Fast Attack Missile Craft | Updates & Discussions.

PNS Haibat design has been changed, it is bigger and better than Azmat class

- Tonnage has been increased from 560 to 673 Tons
- Anti-submarine Rockets have been added
- MR-36 B Radar has been added (azmat didn't had that)
- 6x30mm Rapid-fire weapon has been added (instead of 1x23mm)
- New ESM and Chaff launcher will enhance survivability

Does it have the ASESLAN STOP 25mm gun?

Also will all the other Azmat class FAC be upgraded to this standard?

Does it have the ASESLAN STOP 25mm gun?

Also will all the other Azmat class FAC be upgraded to this standard?
The warship is fitted with a STOP 25mm RCWS and a 6 barrel 30mm chinese CIWS,
how did we source this weapon

A little correction the 6x30mm refers to the chinese variant of the AK-360 6 barrelled 30mm gun which is also present on the warship , located in the aft in a CIWS role.

Pakistan must build its newer ships around these large missiles like Harbah, smaller missiles would be insufficient against larger Indian vessels.

There are no ASROCs but chaff launchers.

H/PJ-13 (6X30mm) is standard CIWS of this class.

Last edited:
Pakistan should have at least 10 FAC’s with the purpose of some being to level Indian naval bases during war and destroy Mumbai port

this is an old pic
I think the PNS Haibat design is a bit changed from previous ones. Tonnage has been increased from 560 to 670 tons to accommodate some new weapons.

Great News anyway. We are waiting for a long time for this news.
Congratulations PN.
Congratulations Pakistan.
The Fourth , Fast Attack Boat I believe is called "Haibat"
What about Chinese / Turkish FACs that we were buying?

Commissioning Ceremony of Pakistan Navy’s indigenously designed & constructed Fast Attack Craft Missile FAC(M) PNS HAIBAT & induction ceremony of third 16 Ton Bollard Pull Tug PNT GOGA was held at Karachi.

1648758873854.png

Excellent Addition , nice to see that Navy made strides to improve this Missile Boat design and not give up on future enhancements

Need further working by MTC and a ship redesigned to tonnage of 850-870 tonnes, in second step to 1200-1300 tonnes ship in second stage till we move on to our own corvette/frigate/destroyer and aircraft carrier design in steps.

Why Pakistan not inductiong more of these Azmat class they are cheap if we are building then I'm KSEW and they are pretty fast too to out run any agressor

Why is Haibat not considered as a separate class from Azmat?
Because it and Himmat are basically Azmat with minor modifications. Only real significant change is the switching from C-802A to Harbah and the switching from a 23mm dual rapid fire cannon to a 25mm STOP RCWS as the main gun. My suspicion is the Azmat and Daishat will be refit with the same.

These are not really FAC though. When i think FAC, i imagine a vessel hitting 50 knots. These are only capable of 30 knots (same at most large vessels in PN - f22p- 29knots, type 054A - 27knots, Miglem 30knot). These are really light corvettes if anything.

I would rather see a focus on increasing the size to 850t and exchanging the STOP for a CIWS (H/PJ-13) In the front and replace the rear ciws with an 8 cell FL-3000N, add 2 light torpedo tubes on each side and maybe 2 rdc-32 rocket propelled depth charge launchers (like f22p). Couple the with a light towed sonar and pump out 10 of these to perform littoral defense.

Back
Top Bottom