What's new

PM Shehbaz is holding Zoom meetings to "arrest" Rs fall...

The above applies to ALL, no matter who or what is in power. Pakistan's economic failure is collective and spans decades. The eventual outcomes will be bitter and drastic, whenever they occur, no matter by whose authority. Trying to score political points on these issues is utterly ridiculous.
indeed it applies to all but under the current circumstances this is well suited for the imported ones.

He just wants to be seen doing things. Completely out of ideas. From his actions he looks like a suitable candidate for mayor of a mid level town.

He’ doesn’t have the ability to run a local laundry mat and your giving him the ability to run a mid level town.

The above applies to ALL, no matter who or what is in power. Pakistan's economic failure is collective and spans decades. The eventual outcomes will be bitter and drastic, whenever they occur, no matter by whose authority. Trying to score political points on these issues is utterly ridiculous.
This is utter nonsense. PTI took a bankrupt country and took difficult but needed decisions. When the shoe was on their foot, I never heard anyone from the other team talking about not scoring political points. Where was this much needed post in the last three years?

It seems "Punjab speed" is worried about the speed of Rs falling against the dollar 😂😂😂
No. I think "Punjab speed" has taken some downers instead of speed. The man is on a go slow. If the truth be known they lost the momentum on the first day. They could have easily blamed IK for the financial fiasco and raised the fuel and energy prices. That was the time to act. He did not do anything and now it is simply too late. Nothing he does is going to make any difference.
Sheikho said today that " maeeshatdaan hi nai hukumat ka head hoga". Makes sense why Hafeez Sheikh is in town. Although I think Tareen would have been a better bet but he has allied himself with PTI now.
A

Last edited:
Do you think if he was Pakistan would be so poor? His family had decades and a free reign to prove their worth.

The same with PPP, they are even worse.

Only reason countries gave them support is because they enjoyed the kickbacks when they did business with them. Pakistan gets a road x50 the price and the rest of funds goes to the Sharif or Zardari network.

The shameful part is our establishment, our eyes and ears, the architects of our civilization, the ones who steer the ship don't see this as a problem and could be part of the problem. I don't know when will they wake up. 20 years of militancy and corrupt incompetent governance isn't enough it seems.

We should have been a 1st world country by now like South Korea or an up and comer like Vietnam. I just don't understand why they don't care like we do. I don't have much to do with Pakistan and it pains me.
They do care about themselves
They want a relatively poor pakistan so they can afford the lifestyle they have

No. I think "Punjab speed" has taken some downers instead of speed. The man is on a go slow. If the truth be known they lost the momentum on the first day. They could have easily blamed IK for the financial fiasco and raised the fuel and energy prices. That was the time to act. He did not do anything and now it is simply too late. Nothing he does is going to make any difference.
Sheikho said today that " maeeshatdaan hi nai hukumat ka head hoga". Makes sense why Hafeez Sheikh is in town. Although I think Tareen would have been a better bet but he has allied himself with PTI now.
A

Tareen is the one who messed up in the first place , be it dollar, inflation or deficit. Hafeez sheikh was the one who sorted it all the daronomics.

A
Yes, it makes so much sense. Every day that they delay is just creating more fiscal debt that cannot be sustained. It would have been politically easier to revert subsidy on day 1. But I think that Shahbaz was ill advised. Surely, the financially prudent people around Shahbaz would have advised him to act sooner.

I think best move for Shahbaz would be to put this mess on an interim government and call for election. If he is not going to relax subsidy, then the interim government may just do it. Some analyst commented yesterday that Pakistan may face Sri Lanka type situation if the fiscal debt situation continues for 10 weeks. If the elections are called now, no one will suspect that it was because of economic issues :unsure:

Burn down all properties and cars sharifs and their allies own in Pakistan. Once you burn them all Pakistan’s economy and current state will automatically improve.

Yes, it makes so much sense. Every day that they delay is just creating more fiscal debt that cannot be sustained. It would have been politically easier to revert subsidy on day 1. But I think that Shahbaz was ill advised. Surely, the financially prudent people around Shahbaz would have advised him to act sooner.

I think best move for Shahbaz would be to put this mess on an interim government and call for election. If he is not going to relax subsidy, then the interim government may just do it. Some analyst commented yesterday that Pakistan may face Sri Lanka type situation if the fiscal debt situation continues for 10 weeks. If the elections are called now, no one will suspect that it was because of economic issues :unsure:
Only a long term and stable government can reverse the subsidy. I didn't expect PMLN to bring NCM when only one year was left in elections, very high international fuel prices, and world still fighting against the long term impact of COVID.

PMLN is a very experienced party.. how this party fell for the honeypot.. it baffles me.

IK's popularity was at pre 2011 level. There was no way he was going to win the elections. Now he is heading towards 2/3rd seats.

Pakistan can still come out of the mess, it's just that no one is ready to trust the current government. With record remittances and exports this year, and record tax collection, as soon as the new stable government takes charge, it will renew its negotiations with different countries such as Russia and KSA.

1652814220824.png

الحمدللہ یہ اعزاز بھی خادم پاکستان کو اللہ نے دیا کہ ھمارے مائ باپ امریکہ کی کرنسی کو ھمارے ملک میں اتنے

مہنگے داموں خریدا جا رھا ھے ۔​

Alhamdulillah, this honor was also given to Khadim Pakistan by Allah that our Master's' American currency is being bought in our country at such a high price.

Last edited:
PTI took a bankrupt country and took difficult but needed decisions.

Really? Why did PMIK announce the simply unaffordable energy subsidies just before he left office? Why have the new crew not removed them still? PTI was just as horrible as all those who came before them, in and out of uniform, no better and no worse.

My posts and stance on these matters has been absolutely consistent here, despite much derision and deletion.

Pakistan can still come out of the mess, it's just that no one is ready to trust the current government. With record remittances and exports this year, and record tax collection, as soon as the new stable government takes charge, it will renew its negotiations with different countries such as Russia and KSA.

Pakistan's economic woes will continue, and indeed worsen with time, no matter who or what is in charge, for the foreseeable future. Anybody who tells it differently is either ignorant or lying.

The shameful part is our establishment, our eyes and ears, the architects of our civilization, the ones who steer the ship don't see this as a problem and could be part of the problem. I don't know when will they wake up. 20 years of militancy and corrupt incompetent governance isn't enough it seems.

We should have been a 1st world country by now like South Korea or an up and comer like Vietnam. I just don't understand why they don't care like we do. I don't have much to do with Pakistan and it pains me.
This goes back to the colonial times, British empowered the worst from our society to do their bidding in the form of Sepoy Army, Landlords, Khan Bahadurs, et al. The current establishment are descendants of the same low class pedigree with no honor, e.g. Hina Rabbani Khar showing off letters the British Crown wrote to her ancestor for the loyal service they rendered to the Bristh Raj.

British left, but left the slaves masters behind in the shape of the Brown sahibs, best manifestation of which is our military, which finds it's roots and origin in the army of Mir Jaffer. Same units and brigades survive to this day that were stood up shortly after the battle of Plassey. Some Army brats here even vax lyrically about these units and their exploits in the Anglo-Afghan war...Such is our mental slavery...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom