What's new

PM Modi will visit Israel, but skip Palestine

Ok so if you are looking at benefits to support anything. Then what benefit do you see when we give Pakistani Hindus Indian citizenship? We are already overcrowded with poverty, so why add more woes?
the benefit we get from giving citizenship and asylum to Pakistani Hindus is that it exposes our enemy country Pakistan

the benefit we get from giving citizenship and asylum to Pakistani Hindus is that it exposes our enemy country Pakistan
What expose? You can still do that without giving citizenship. It is not a compulsion that to expose a country, you need to give citizenship. There are many ways and we already use them.

What expose? You can still do that without giving citizenship. It is not a compulsion that to expose a country, you need to give citizenship. There are many ways and we already use them.
Giving them asylum and citizenship proves to the world that these poor souls are unsafe in their home country and are safe and sound in India. It increases India's stature and decreases Pakistan's and that is a good benefit to get

My point remains. What benefit we have got by supporting Palestine?

Do they support us vis a vis Pakistan? No

Do we get significant trade from them like Saudi or Iran? No

Do they give us scientific knowledge and technology? no

Do they provide us military technology and help (for example satellite photos of enemy locations) ? No

If we dont get anything in return why to support them?

Giving them asylum and citizenship proves to the world that these poor souls are unsafe in their home country and are safe and sound in India. It increases India's stature and decreases Pakistan's and that is a good benefit to get

My point remains. What benefit we have got by supporting Palestine?

Do they support us vis a vis Pakistan? No

Do we get significant trade from them like Saudi or Iran? No

Do they give us scientific knowledge and technology? no

Do they provide us military technology and help (for example satellite photos of enemy locations) ? No

If we dont get anything in return why to support them?
And what do we get when we prove that they are safe and sound in India. India already has good proportion of its population to take care, This idea of giving citizenship to enemy country's citizens doesn't hold water.

If India's stature increases by giving citizenship to Pakistani citizens then India's stature would also increase when it supports Palestine(Atleast namesake which we were anyways doing while doing our regular business with Israel). So No your answer provides no strong reason to give citizenship to Pakistanis.

Last edited:
And what do we get when we prove that they are safe and sound in India. India already has good proportion of its population to take care, This idea of giving citizenship to enemy country's citizens doesn't hold water.

If India's stature increases by giving citizenship to Pakistani citizens then India's stature would also increase when it supports Palestine(Atleast namesake which we were anyways doing while doing our regular business with Israel). So No your answer provides no strong reason to give citizenship to Pakistanis.
Increasing India's stature AS WELL AS decreasing Pakistan's

It is simply "My Enemy's Enemy is my Friend"

It is all game of perception management. Here is a persecuted minority of an enemy country But we do not consider them to be enemies but our friends. We give them asylum and refuge. their home country persecuted them and could not take care of them so it decreases that country's status. We are large hearted . We took care of them so it increases our status.

The same narrative cant be build to support Palestine. yes we may get some benfit of being seen as large hearted but the other benefit of denegrating our enemy country will not occur. We may even be seen as hypocrite of doing good business with Israel and also supporting Palestine who (according to some) is being prosecuted by Israel.

I think I have given you sufficient reasoning for giving asylum and citizenship for Pakistani hindu's. If you are still not convinced lets agree to disagree.

now if you could give me answer to my question. What benefit it gives us to support Palestine?

Increasing India's stature AS WELL AS decreasing Pakistan's

It is simply "My Enemy's Enemy is my Friend"

It is all game of perception management. Here is a persecuted minority of an enemy country But we do not consider them to be enemies but our friends. We give them asylum and refuge. their home country persecuted them and could not take care of them so it decreases that country's status. We are large hearted . We took care of them so it increases our status.

The same narrative cant be build to support Palestine. yes we may get some benfit of being seen as large hearted but the other benefit of denegrating our enemy country will not occur. We may even be seen as hypocrite of doing good business with Israel and also supporting Palestine who (according to some) is being prosecuted by Israel.

I think I have given you sufficient reasoning for giving asylum and citizenship for Pakistani hindu's. If you are still not convinced lets agree to disagree.

now if you could give me answer to my question. What benefit it gives us to support Palestine?
Increasing India's stature AS WELL AS decreasing Pakistan's... How?

India has done business with Israel long before Modi decided to move ahead, And that relation was well and good. We were being good with Palestine while also getting our job done with Israel.

More than 2/3rd of the world supports Palestine and that doesn't stop many of those countries from sharing relationship with Israel.

So I am not sure why would Modi want to visit Israel while avoiding Palestine other than sending a message. Anyways as I said this is expected so please don't try sugar coating the reason you and me know.

So I am not sure why would Modi want to visit Israel while avoiding Palestine other than sending a message. Anyways as I said this is expected so please don't try sugar coating the reason you and me know.
Modi is not like any other PM to have a domestic constituency which expects him to support Palestine jsut for the optics. I beleive he is first PM to even go to isreal. Why werent questions asked to other PMs that why go to Palestine and Not Israel.

I am not sugar coating. Modi's domestic constituency demands good ties with Israel plus there are tangible benefits of doing so.

There are no benefits either Domestic or International for having a parity relationship with Israel and Palestine. Modi does not have to court the domestic left liberal intellengensia. So there is no pressure on him.

And even if he does support Palestine the left liberal intellegensia will not support him. So there are no tangible returns

Modi is not like any other PM to have a domestic constituency which expects him to support Palestine jsut for the optics. I beleive he is first PM to even go to isreal. Why werent questions asked to other PMs that why go to Palestine and Not Israel.

I am not sugar coating. Modi's domestic constituency demands good ties with Israel plus there are tangible benefits of doing so.

There are no benefits either Domestic or International for having a parity relationship with Israel and Palestine. Modi does not have to court the domestic left liberal intellengensia. So there is no pressure on him.

And even if he does support Palestine the left liberal intellegensia will not support him. So there are no tangible returns
Now you are speaking...! Modi's domestic constituency demands good ties with Israel... Ahem Agreed:agree:

Modi does not have to court the domestic left liberal intellengensia... Again agreed, He has Hindutva nutcases to look after.

Anyways as I said previously, you and me know the reason for this stance, so let's move on.

Last edited:

Giving asylum to them is important because they are Hindus. No two ways about that. Now unless you want them to exterminate, I see no reason why would you even object to that with your cosmetic reasoning. They are on the verge of extinction in their respective Indian sub continent countries where your co religionist have almost made their life miserable to the extent where there are questions on there mere existence.

I also see your lot enjoying the fruit of democracy and secularism provided by the majority community without ever feeling grateful to them. The question for you to think is whether the reverse is ever ( may be even) possible.

Millions of Indian are working in Gulf Countries getting billions of dollars as remittance but they never considered that.. They only considered what they are purchasing from Israel though whole world is available for that.. Modi is known Muslim hater and murderer so this step bring no surprise...

Millions of Indian are working in Gulf Countries getting billions of dollars as remittance but they never considered that.. They only considered what they are purchasing from Israel though whole world is available for that.. Modi is known Muslim hater and murderer so this step bring no surprise...
There is no connection between workers working in GCC countries and support to Israel. I can use the same logic and say millions of Indians are living and working in US, Europe and other western countries. These people are white collar workers as opposed to mostly blue collar workers in GCC countries. They give much higher amount of remitance + they are better connected to their host country govts. These countries support Israel. So we should also support Israel.

And regarding trade we have trade relations + strategic relations with Israel. they support us so we support them. Tell me what benefit we can get by supporting Palestine?

There is no connection between workers working in GCC countries and support to Israel. I can use the same logic and say millions of Indians are living and working in US, Europe and other western countries. These people are white collar workers as opposed to mostly blue collar workers in GCC countries. They give much higher amount of remitance + they are better connected to their host country govts. These countries support Israel. So we should also support Israel.

And regarding trade we have trade relations + strategic relations with Israel. they support us so we support them. Tell me what benefit we can get by supporting Palestine?
I assumed similar type of reply from Indian Hindu.. Just have a check how many European countries supporting Palestine and banning Israeli products. Many of them considered territories occupied by Israel is illegal.
I am using your logic as you people always saying India should support Israel because of their hand.. So same logics applied here.. It is your stand is changing from before..At least previous govt stand somehow neutral.. There are many countries who is seeing your act such as Iran where you are building chabahar port to counter Gwadar Port.
Sooner or later all these muslim country(Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar and many more) will bust your chanakaya niti....

I assumed similar type of reply from Indian Hindu.. Just have a check how many European countries supporting Palestine and banning Israeli products. Many of them considered territories occupied by Israel is illegal.
I am using your logic as you people always saying India should support Israel because of their hand.. So same logics applied here.. It is your stand is changing from before..At least previous govt stand somehow neutral.. There are many countries who is seeing your act such as Iran where you are building chabahar port to counter Gwadar Port.
Sooner or later all these muslim country(Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar and many more) will bust your chanakaya niti....
The Previous govt was left leaning Congress Govt. the current is Right Wing BJP govt so obviously there will be a difference

My question still remains. We have supported Palestine for last 60-70 years. What has Palestine done to support India. When it comes to Indian issue of Kashmir they side with fellow Muslim Country Pakistan against evil Banya Hindu Country India.

Atleast with other GCC countries we have trade and economic ties. With Palestine there is no trade

Back
Top Bottom