What's new

PM Modi will visit Israel, but skip Palestine

They are even dubious to own Muslim biradars melting each other.Why would we expect their support!
Sorry. I am a little confused. I thought India and Saudi Arabia had close relations??

Whatever is in our own interest. We would like a business relationship with everyone if possible. Israel offers us a much more attractive relationship if we have to choose.
I see. thank you.

They are even dubious to own Muslim biradars melting each other.Why would we expect their support!
whoever deleted my post.
is post kon sey moti jurey hain jo mer deltei kar di.
i just posted a fact.did i bad mouth or abuse someone?

Change of policy? PM Modi will visit Israel, but skip Palestine
Sachin Parashar| TNN | Updated: Mar 4, 2017, 08.56 AM IST
HIGHLIGHTS
  • This decision underscores the “de-hyphenation” of India’s relations with the two West Asian states
  • Modi’s visit is a significant step in openly embracing a relationship that his predecessors fostered
  • In a balancing act, India is likely to host Palestinian before Modi sets off for Israel
57456331.jpg
Prime Minister Narendra Modi. (PTI photo)
NEW DELHI: PM Narendra Modi's upcoming visit to Israel in July, the first by an Indian Prime Minister, will not see him travelling to Palestine, a decision that underscores the "de-hyphenation" of India's relations with the two West Asian states.

Modi's visit, billed as historic, is a significant step in openly embracing a relationship that his predecessors fostered while avoiding public displays. Contrary to expectations that Modi would include Palestine in his itinerary too, like many ministers did in the past, he will be travelling only to Israel.

In a balancing act though, India is likely to host Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas before Modi sets off for Israel. "Mr Modi is not visiting Palestine on this occasion. Inshallah, our President will be here this year," Palestinian ambassador to India Adnan Abu Alhaija confirmed to TOI.

The delicate reworking of ties between the two states has seen India set up a joint commission co-chaired by minister of state for external affairs M J Akbar. The cooperation is expected to lead to the setting up of a tech park in Ramallah. During Akbar's visit to Palestine last year, Tel Aviv was informed that a visit to Israel was not a necessity either.

Modi is expected to visit Israel on his way back to India from the G20 summit in Hamburg in the second week of July. The government believes a standalone visit to Israel would further underline the significance of India's special ties with the Jewish nation. This year, the two countries mark the 25th anniversary of full diplomatic relations.

Acknowledging the fact that Modi and his government have been much more open about New Delhi's engagement with Tel Aviv, Israel's ambassador to India Daniel Carmon told TOI on Thursday that "high visibility" to ties was leading to more activities between the two nations. In a departure from past policy, the NDA government has looked to bifurcate its relations with Israel and Palestine.

It was Union home minister Rajnath Singh who first broke from the practice of clubbing high-level visits to the countries by not travelling to Palestine when he visited Israel in 2014+ . However, President Pranab Mukherjee in 2015+ and foreign minister Sushma Swaraj a year later visited both+ .

Modi's visit to Israel will come two years after it was first announced by Swaraj. The government has used this period to intensify engagement with the Arab world to dispel the notion that under Modi, there might be a shift in India's Israel-Palestine policy. These efforts include visits by Modi to countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE.

Since the Modi government assumed office, India has reiterated on several occasions that its support to the Palestinian cause remains intact even as it maintains good relations with Israel. Its decision to abstain from voting on an anti-Israel resolution at the UN Human Rights Council, which called for accountability for killings and violations of international law in Gaza, came as a setback to the Palestinians. India defended the decision by saying that it abstained because of the reference in the resolution to the International Criminal Court, of which India is not a member.

Ambassador Alhaija had reacted to India's decision by describing it as shocking. A newspaper had quoted him as saying that India's departure from its "traditional position" was the fallout of its burgeoning military ties with Israel.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...hen-he-visits-israel/articleshow/57456252.cms

I do not understand why Israel and Palestine should be equated in our relationship with each other...We should support a dignified settlement of Palestine issue but we should not get into the core problem of Israel and Palestine like most of the other nations...India has no stakes in Palestine conflict neither it can influence any party for any resolution...So why the heck even India matters in such kind of complex international issues that does not pay any dividends to us?

Deal with Israel and Palestine separately the way we deal with any other countries.

It's the other way around.. Palestinians barely know you, most have never met a Hindu.

On the other hand you hate them for being Muslims. You enjoy seeing dead Muslims.

If this is the voice and perception of Palestine towards us, then even India's position makes sense...If Palestine does not recognize any one expect Muslims in this world, then good luck and best wishes to them. India should go ahead with its diplomatic relationship to any level as per our interests.

As if his visiting or not makes any difference to Palestinians

It's the other way around.. Palestinians barely know you, most have never met a Hindu.

On the other hand you hate them for being Muslims. You enjoy seeing dead Muslims.
O you are so very right sir , we evil hindus love to see their sufferings and enjoy it with a bucket of popcorn and glass full of beer .
Get a life , my extremist muslim friend !

Yeah, because Iran and Saudis support India on Kashmir. LOL
Sorry you are wrong:lol:
Saudi didn't. Saudi never supported India. Iran did once but, it started to drift away and now do not support India.
Actually OIC passed resolution unilaterally which includes Turkey.

Before you gather support from India get adequate support for Palestinians among Muslim countries and stop your backdoor business with Israel. 'Your' in the sense OIC members.

Last edited:
Palestine is a holy place so such unholy creatures shouldn't be allowed there..I'm glad that he won't be stepping his stinky and impure feet in the Palestine.

I felt sympathy for Gaza until they support Pakistan on Kashmir issue. Now deal with it Palestinians

Wow.... what a conditional sympathy. No you don't have any sympathy. There are some other ISLAMIC countries those don't support israel, but India has relations with them no issue. Envisage.

Wow.... what a conditional sympathy. No you don't have any sympathy. There are some other ISLAMIC countries those don't support israel, but India has relations with them no issue. Envisage.

Of course...what is wrong with it....If Palestine love to see Indian Soldiers dying in Kashmir valley, then how come you expect India will be sympathetic towards their cause?? There is no free lunch in this world mate. Every one has to earn it.

Back
Top Bottom