What's new

PLAAF J-10A crashed, pilot died

The crash in 19 Sep 2015 only surfaced in 12 Oct 2015 while the pilot is alive.
The crash with death of pilot ( if any ) is very serious and will takes some times to surface, maybe next month?

We don't wish the bad thing happen to the pilot. It's not good for his family.
This time pilot is alive. Injection is successful.

Except this latest case, within 1 year there're at least 3 firmed crashes of J-10 variants, including Nov 2014 yellow painted J-10 in Chengdu with the pilot of J20 test, Oct 2015 J-10 with pilot Litong, a training J-10 with 2 pilots during May 2015.

If the J-10 with Lu Yaogui is confirmed Crashed last week, this is the 4th hull loss of J-10 within 1 year.

Please name any fighter jet which is not crush when indicted and having 5 year record of no crush with extensive use of that fighter?

I just make it as answer for another.
Btw, how about Mitsubishi F2?

I just make it as answer for another.
Btw, how about Mitsubishi F2?

They are hangar queen and only less than 90 operational and make. Its no surprising, only 1-2 crashed so far.

They are hangar queen and only less than 90 operational and make. Its no surprising, only 1-2 crashed so far.

J-10 has some hundreds ( about 300 ) and within only one year until now, downed 4 of them during flight, means
hull loss over 1.34% / year. Please help to calculate for 5-7 years losses. You could find the bigger loss.

F-2 has nearly 100 and there's no loss during flight for 7-8 years until now.

J-10 has some hundreds ( about 300 ) and within only one year until now, downed 4 of them during flight, means
hull loss over 1.34% / year. Please help to calculate for 5-7 years losses. You could find the bigger loss.

Becos F-2 is an hanger queen. The interception mission, patrol and bilateral exercises are all done by F-15. I hardly see a F-2 on the air.

Seems like you and the F-2 should have some happy together. Get to it now then

Seems like you and the F-2 should have some happy together. Get to it now then

No. someone want to know any aircraft suffer no loss in 5 years. F2 is single engine too so it could be comparable. Chingkuo same. Turkish F16 same ..

why j 10 crashed and pilot died?was ws 10 engine in the crashed aircraft? if yeas so change it,s engine.it is a very unique aircraft.i like it.please trace it,s fault and remove it

chines friend i want to see j 10b very soon in paf fleet.

No. someone want to know any aircraft suffer no loss in 5 years. F2 is single engine too so it could be comparable. Chingkuo same. Turkish F16 same ..

Indeed J-10 is suffering from a relatively higher crash loss rate compared to most of the other military aircrafts in China, ppl are complaining about this issue recently. The single-engine design, together with the poorly engineered modification of AL-31FN together caused this problem. AL-31 was meant for twin-engine jets, their analog control box was first designed to be on the upper frontal portion of the engine housing, in order to be fitted into J-10, it had to be modified that the control box was moved to the lower portion (AL-31FN version). Apparently this has caused reliability issue that the lube oil get unpredictably overheated under certain conditions, this has been the cause to virtually all J-10 crashes due to "Mechanical Failure".

It is not feasible to ask Russians to redesign the whole stuff, so the only cure to this problem is WS-10 turbofan, which to much of our delight, is being tested and fitted to newer J-10 variants.

Back
Top Bottom