What's new

PK 18 Battlefield Rifle , SMG PK 21 (AK-103) and PK-10 are way forward

I really wanna punch some guys here.

1: Appreciate POF for making a decent effort.

2: Yeah i know it not as hot as some imported pieces, but its still good. An HK, AR hybrid.

3: PK-18 has been throughly tested in all conditions.

4: It takes G3 mags.

5: No restriction on export.

PS: I hate the buttstock and the finishing. They should really upgrade them.
So it has passed all tests ??? Also Turkey can help us improve PK 18. And as for AK 103 why not got for AK 203
images (2).jpeg

So it has passed all tests ??? Also Turkey can help us improve PK 18. And as for AK 103 why not got for AK 203
View attachment 586229
Probably because Of the Indian factor in it. We have the license and capability to produce
AK103s, which is the base gun, we can make our own variant with the changes our own military needs, as India did while creating AK203s. I have already seen Newer AKs with troops that have rails, personal attachments and such. If we can create our own variant of another rifle to replace G3. We can surely do it with an AK, and POF is probably already at it. So let’s give it time.
Both these weapons will continue to serve together. Even if the G3 is designated the standard rifle. The AK will supplement it. Same goes for the G3’s replacement and the next AK variant in line.

Probably because Of the Indian factor in it. We have the license and capability to produce
AK103s, which is the base gun, we can make our own variant with the changes our own military needs, as India did while creating AK203s. I have already seen Newer AKs with troops that have rails, personal attachments and such. If we can create our own variant of another rifle to replace G3. We can surely do it with an AK, and POF is probably already at it. So let’s give it time.
Both these weapons will continue to serve together. Even if the G3 is designated the standard rifle. The AK will supplement it. Same goes for the G3’s replacement and the next AK variant in line.
Pakistan should also take Turkey's help in improving PK 18.

Pakistan should also take Turkey's help in improving PK 18.
Definitely, they make pretty good small arms. This was a joint Pakistani-Turkish weapons Expo. So maybe something will come out of it. Sometimes I do notice that our military tries to be a little too indigenous with its products. It should be alright to take the help of allied nations with weapons production. Just the ones that attach strings should be avoided.

Definitely, they make pretty good small arms. This was a joint Pakistani-Turkish weapons Expo. So maybe something will come out of it. Sometimes I do notice that our military tries to be a little too indigenous with its products. It should be alright to take the help of allied nations with weapons production. Just the ones that attach strings should be avoided.
Exactly we should take help from Turkey. They also make dam good helmets and Optics

Exactly we should take help from Turkey. They also make dam good helmets and Optics
Apart from special forces our military doesn’t really have any standard optics yet, and that’s understandable considering that there are bigger priorities. But once they do get to them they really need to give the private sectors in Pakistan a chance and also collaborate with foreign ones.
Armor and helmets at least have definitely improved in the past decade for the military. They at least look like proper professional soldiers now. Room for improvement is always present.
Our military needs to catch up to what’s current before it can start developing for the future like China and USA can.

The main focus right now should be the standard weapons. Their replacement is hilariously overdue. The G3 is just not viable anymore, hence so many troops prefer the AK103s now.
Personal attachments are also becoming more common as they become easily available.
One other thing I’ve really appreciated is communication and radios, there seem to be much more of them now. Even the Regular sentries deployed in Cantonment areas are seen wearing personal radio sets. Communication matters a lot.

all of this is evolving the forces into more modernized machine. If we are to compare that at the %age of indigenous products the forces were using 10 years ago. I’d say the progress is satisfactory if not brilliant.

AK 103 being promoted as an SMG?
Wouldn't that be more suitable in a semi assault role and we should keep MP-5's for SMG role?

Who is even asking for favours at all. I am looking from different angle at everything that comes out. Such is the development and call it baby step or giant leap, but we moving forward. The one who use the tool, knows it well as how it works & why to be different than xyz product. When I am expecting too much form an organization then I have to look into circumstances that organization is running. A higher standard or favourite design rifle is not the issue but that is not the one requirement at hand where we have a lot of hands to be filled with other tools as well. It has already and still, going through a lot of tests.

Nobody claimed that all the services/branches will be using pk-21 AK-103 or PK-10 but there will be requirement as per current design and then the upgrades & changes comes with time. We start with less but then we aim at higher end product in our hands in the end. We had to utilize existing set-up with less headache of upgrades having our limited budget but for better product hence, such hybrid is perfect match as long as it helps to shoot as & when needed. A gas operated, rotating barrel 7.62x51 with such setup in hybrid form of top notch rifles, is a good start that I see.
:tup:

The guy in the background has a badge with Pakistani flag (upper right corner) and Turkish flag (upper left corner). Is this some Turkish official or a Pakistani one working with the Turks - this probably hints at some cooperation Turkish defence industry?
@cabatli_53 @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @Sulman Badshah
These were computerized card issued to visitor and organizer of expo

So will Pk-18 replace G3s? and whether it will become our primary combat rifle or just a stop gap for next 5-8 years?

I just don't get some people and their bloody complaining. Maybe start tinkering and make something? so many inventions were made by people tinkering!!

Back
Top Bottom