What's new

PK 18 Battlefield Rifle , SMG PK 21 (AK-103) and PK-10 are way forward

To be frank I am not too excited abt this system until there is an official announcement of changing the rifle system.
some members might remember some time back (near the end of Musharraf era) POf revealed assault rifle systems based on G3 mechanism in 5.56 and 7.62x39 but nothing came of it.
this is a good R&D initiative but until proper assembly line is produced there is no need to assume this is a G3 replacement.

No more design effort,only few minor tweaks are needed.SSGP is better it's much cleaner system and suits us very well.
MLOK is standard they pretty much have produced an AR-10 copy nothing else.

true even small time companies making civilian weapons are churning out short stroke piston based AR nowadays, POF with the resources it has surely can.

I am glad they didn’t do a clunky and heavy quad picatinny. Now if they could have a CHF barrel... boy oh boy :D

tru even small time companies making civilian weapons are churning out short stroke piston based AR nowadays, POF with the resources it has surely can.
What they did can be done by a competent machinist in his shop.
I am glad they didn’t do a clunky and heavy quad picatinny. Now if they could have a CHF barrel... boy oh boy :D
Quads are going out of fashion MLOK and Keymod are future.
CHF is costly,can't be done for all rifles,but it surely can be done for DMR's.

seem true
plz watch the following video of AK-103 trial in Pakistan

but there is a conflicting report from India media (plz read) and these conflicting news were reported by different Indian media houses many times, one more thing India is in negotiation with Russia for the manufacturing of AK-103 in India under make in India arrangements

Ignore the Indian media BS.

P.S. OR it could really a Pakistani version/copy of Ak-103 hence a new designation ....??
as muzzle breaker of of new PK-21 is different than the original muzzle breaker of AK-103 and it is more traditional one than the new one adopted for AK-103

There is difference, but I don't think POF will produce an unlicensed AK-103 clone and brand it SMG PK-21 (AK-103).

@Sulman Badshah @Gryphon The optic on the rifle which is ACOG alike! what is the story behind that? Is that standard issue optic?
EHzVHvQX0AEyfv0

EHzYQ1MX4AMC5qm

View attachment 586143
Rattay sahab it's AR-15 a.k.a M-16 based rifle.It uses multi-lug rotating bolt for locking and direct gas impingement for action cycling as compared to G-3 which uses rollor delayed blow back operating mechanism.
Both are different kind of systems have nothing to do with each other.

It's DI,no visable gas tube and piston.A bad move.
None the less it's still a great news they've started their own research and development, and there's no telling they will improve on this hopefully the next upgrade to this is gonna have a piston operated design as it is not just robust but a more reliable design.

None the less it's still a great news they've started their own research and development, and there's no telling they will improve on this hopefully the next upgrade to this is gonna have a piston operated design as it is not just robust but a more reliable design.
No research is involved in this project it's a pure copy of AR-15 chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO round.

Design, barrel, trigger mech and caliber is same as G3 so only difference is bolt....
It's a totally different design, you can't just say that because "it has a trigger and a barrel and a fixed sight and when you press the trigger it fires so it's the same gun" no it's not stop saying that.

No research is involved in this project it's a pure copy of AR-15 chambered in 7.62x51mm NATO round.
Come on man at least give them credit where it's due. Pakistan doesn't have any ar platform rifle chambered in 7.62×51 so they couldn't have copied it its a new design although it is based on ar but tell me what modern rifle isn't, every rifle you see today is based on ar-15's design. They all have the same magazine well thay all even use the same magazines the stanag mags.

Come on man at least give them credit where it's due. Pakistan doesn't have any ar platform rifle chambered in 7.62×51 so they couldn't have copied it its a new design although it is based on ar but tell me what modern rifle isn't, every rifle you see today is based on ar-15's design. They all have the same magazine well thay all even use the same magazines the stanag mags.
Go to Peshawar tell them any caliber,they would make an AR in that for you.

Back
Top Bottom