What's new

PK 18 Battlefield Rifle , SMG PK 21 (AK-103) and PK-10 are way forward

Prove me it is based on AR.
G3 with new cloths nothing else.
PK 18 Battlefield Rifle , SMG PK 21 (AK-103) and PK-10 are way forward.jpg

Rattay sahab it's AR-15 a.k.a M-16 based rifle.It uses multi-lug rotating bolt for locking and direct gas impingement for action cycling as compared to G-3 which uses rollor delayed blow back operating mechanism.
Both are different kind of systems have nothing to do with each other.
I only hope it’s piston operated and not DI.
It's DI,no visable gas tube and piston.A bad move.

seem true
plz watch one following video of AK-103 trial in Pakistan

but a conflicting report from India media (plz read) and these conflicting news was reported by different Indian media houses many times, one more thing India is in negotiation with Russia for the manufacturing of AK-103 in India under make in India arrangements
Indian variant is AK 203 (which is further based on 103 )

Buddy look at the picture... lol the buffer tube, gas operated, rotating bolt, the fire select, mag release, bolt release...

the bolt carrier is an standard AR design also the charging handle... so forth.
I only hope it’s piston operated and not DI.
Design, barrel, trigger mech and caliber is same as G3 so only difference is bolt....

Design, barrel, trigger mech and caliber is same as G3 so only difference is bolt....

the main operation (gas operated) is not G3 buddy. The caliber is 7.62NATO nothing to do with G3 exclusively.

View attachment 586143
It's DI,no visable gas tube and piston.A bad move.

Should put a little more design effort and have a short stroke piston rifle. For a rifle that may serve many decades to come its worth it. I am pleasantly surprised by the use of Mlok, keeps the weight down while still providing attachment points for accessories.

Last edited:
the main operation (gas operated) is not G3 buddy. The caliber is 7.62NATO nothing to do with G3 exclusively.

AR15 for 7.62x51 for NATO... the new gun in subject has nothing to do G3 on larger scale at all except for couple of similarities.

00239.jpg

AR15 platform with 7.62x51 for NATO

and PK18 then.
886dbbb7-2e89-44e3-ad19-d0666d865726-jpg.586105

I do honestly hope you’re trolling…You speak of the G3’s caliber as it is only used in the G3. Are you alright? It’s used in hundreds of guns and it is the perfect caliber for our armed forces, hence they don’t move away from it. Secondly you can’t make an army this huge move an entire standard caliber. That would completely destroy the entire logistics system. Our standard MGs and Snipers use this caliber for a reason too.
Also, you speak of similarities to the G3 as a bad thing. The G3 is a legendary weapon. It does not need to be improved, only modernized, because it is already a great weapon. Just outdated. And that is exactly what POF has done. The biggest issue G3 had was length and weight and this addressed both, staying as close to the original rifle is actually good for the armed forces as the soldiers will be familiar with it and less re-training is required.
And even after all that is said, it barely shares any similarly to a G3. Please don’t try to be an armchair general or weapons expert. The generals with 40 years of experience, a professional armies testers and trained weapon designers will know better than any of us sitting at home on a computer. I trust them with the decision.

Design is different rollor delayed vs direct gas impingement, it uses different kind of barrel,barrel extension, rifling etc and trigger mechanism is also different same as AR-15.

Should put a little more design effort and have an short strike piston rifle. For a rifle that may serve many decades to come its worth it. I am pleasantly surprised by the use of Mlok, keeps the weight down while still providing attachment points for accessories.
No more design effort,only few minor tweaks are needed.SSGP is better it's much cleaner system and suits us very well.
MLOK is standard they pretty much have produced an AR-10 copy nothing else.
AR10TAC14-NFA.jpg

For love of GOD than at least manufacture AK 203
p1720955_main_.jpg
Some of the AKs I see being given to the boys now are not stock 103s. They have have rails and such. But the number is small. Majority are still stock.
But I agree. If both the G3 and the AK platform need to work in tandem. Both need to be replaced to modern standards.

I am not impressed by this at all.PA needs a clean sheet design.A system which suits our needs.
A MCR which can be used by all service branches of MOD and MOI, customized according to their needs.

Back
Top Bottom