What's new

PK 18 Battlefield Rifle , SMG PK 21 (AK-103) and PK-10 are way forward

You ok dude ? How can you not tell the difference between a roller delayed and a direct impingment

My theory, he doesn’t see a forward assist and comes to the conclusion that it’s not an AR :D

on a serous note, they should have made it short strike piston instead of DI.

My theory, he doesn’t see a forward assist and comes to the conclusion that it’s not an AR :D

on a serous note, they should have made it short strike piston instead of DI.
True but to be honest , I'm even happy with this because at least it's locally made and can do the job , hopefully looking forward to using this when it gets pressed into service in the next 4-6 years if they do use this instead of other rifles trialed

Why can't we design and manufacture our own next generation rifle? Can you please share specific insights? Is this that complicated a task or we are too lazy and dont want to do any R&D?
I have always wondered this too ??

It is GAS Operated and Rotating bolt

G3 is Roller Delayed Blowback

(some similarity in design are there) but it is not same rifle

Moreover Rifle weight is 3.8 kg which is well below than EU rifle

Can it be adopted as replacement of G3. Further a lay man can like me can observe it's light weight and other differences from G3 version in use by PA. At least a positive effort by POF.

G3 weds MPT76

True but to be honest , I'm even happy with this because at least it's locally made and can do the job , hopefully looking forward to using this when it gets pressed into service in the next 4-6 years if they do use this instead of other rifles trialed

Bhai Jan such bataon. I am ecstatic to see POF showing some effort. To see that same old "afsar" mindedness in military. Particularly in AF and Army is going away makes me happy.

AF is doing good work on AZM.

I am happy with this design. At least we are trying. Also nice to see that we trialed rifles, learnt from them and now trying to make our own. All the MoU and LoIs we signed with CZ, Berretta and FB Radom etc are paying off. Remeber we also signed for some cnc and tooling machines from Czech Rep. I think. So that hardware could have been for this project. This will save us some good chunk of change and maybe we will make some money from it too.

AK-103 if it really is that shouldn't have that bony metal stock as it is very hard on shoulders. Rather a smoother, more padded one should be best.

@Quwa I wonder if the cnc and tooling machines we bought were for this??
Could POF make more in house designs. Like a shotgun, smg pistol to replace mp5, a bullpup(either for cqb or to replace mp5) and a squad automatic weapon maybe??

There were whispers of SF looking for new LMGs

Your insight

G3 weds MPT76

Bhai Jan such bataon. I am ecstatic to see POF showing some effort. To see that same old "afsar" mindedness in military. Particularly in AF and Army is going away makes me happy.

AF is doing good work on AZM.

I am happy with this design. At least we are trying. Also nice to see that we trialed rifles, learnt from them and now trying to make our own. All the MoU and LoIs we signed with CZ, Berretta and FB Radom etc are paying off. Remeber we also signed for some cnc and tooling machines from Czech Rep. I think. So that hardware could have been for this project. This will save us some good chunk of change and maybe we will make some money from it too.

AK-103 if it really is that shouldn't have that bony metal stock as it is very hard on shoulders. Rather a smoother, more padded one should be best.

@Quwa I wonder if the cnc and tooling machines we bought were for this??
Could POF make more in house designs. Like a shotgun, smg pistol to replace mp5, a bullpup(either for cqb or to replace mp5) and a squad automatic weapon maybe??

There were whispers of SF looking for new LMGs

Your insight
One could imagine a IAR27 ( SAW variant for US army based on HK417 ) be made out of the pof18, give it a drum magazine or box , heavier and more easily replaceable barrier

Yep L86 from call of duty(I don't think brits put it to service). Also Russians also made an lmg variant of AK family based on same mindset.
One could imagine a IAR27 ( SAW variant for US army based on HK417 ) be made out of the pof18, give it a drum magazine or box , heavier and more easily replaceable barrier

Also preferrably POF and all other defence companies should go for developing concepts for a whole family of weapons. Instead of wasting time, money and brains on single projects.

I agree bren in x39 is very good.
AR is an ideal platform for 7.62×51 & 5.56
For a 7.62×39 I think the CZ Bren Would do a much better Job but it surely does look good on paper
Let's see how it does in the field

is PK18 available for public?? is gun licensing open?

if so then how much would pk18 cost??

seem true
plz watch the following video of AK-103 trial in Pakistan

but there is a conflicting report from India media (plz read) and these conflicting news were reported by different Indian media houses many times, one more thing India is in negotiation with Russia for the manufacturing of AK-103 in India under make in India arrangements

P.S. OR it could really a Pakistani version/copy of Ak-103 hence a new designation ....??
as muzzle breaker of of new PK-21 is different than the original muzzle breaker of AK-103 and it is more traditional one than the new one adopted for AK-103

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom