What's new

PIA plane crash near Model Colony Karachi with 93+ on board

it is very easy to put the blame on dead..because they cannot defend.... investigation has been diverted toward pilot errors from day one and it was all started from the last few moments audio conversation released witin few hours of incident between ATC and pilot.
.team of investagtors are also questionable so...
PIA has a long track record of technical issues in past how many have been punished?
1 so investigation should be carried out through international investigators
2 who is responsible for first time landing gear problem?
3 if the landing gears were not in position why ATC did't informed it to pilot? and why allowed it to land?
frankely i am feeling this investigation has ended even before it started through intentionally creation of pilot error narrative

same culprit in bhoja crash in rawalpindi- investigation ---------- THE PILOT

it is very easy to put the blame on dead..because they cannot defend.... investigation has been diverted toward pilot errors from day one and it was all started from the last few moments audio conversation released witin few hours of incident between ATC and pilot.
PIA has a track long record of technical issues in past how many have been punished?
3 if the landing gears were not in position why ATC did't informed it to pilot? and why allowed it to land?
frankely i am feeling this investigation has ended even before it started through intentionally creation of pilot error narrative and
If the landing gear wasn't properly deployed then there should've been warnings in the cockpit. If there were warnings in the cockpit before first touch down, why wasn't emergency declared?

The passenger who has survived the crash didn't say that there was any emergency declared as such. He said that even the second time he thought everything was normal.

This points to two possibilities:

1- The landing gear didn't deploy correctly due to a fault or 2- due to pilot error and the there wasn't any kind of alarm set off to notify the pilot that the landing gear wasn't deployed... hence no emergency landing announced the first time.

If the landing gear wasn't properly deployed then there should've been warnings in the cockpit. If there were warnings in the cockpit before first touch down, why wasn't emergency declared?

The passenger who has survived the crash didn't say that there was any emergency declared as such. He said that even the second time he thought everything was normal.

This points to two possibilities:

1- The landing gear didn't deploy correctly due to a fault or 2- due to pilot error and the there wasn't any kind of alarm set off to notify the pilot that the landing gear wasn't deployed... hence no emergency landing announced the first time.
this could be confirmed through blackbox recordings if no alarm ring at the time of first landing that would be due to technical issues and responsible would be engineering dept. and not the pilot and can somebody tell me what are CA standered SOPs under these cicumstanses ????

this could be confirmed through blackbox recordings if no alarm ring at the time of first landing that would be due to technical issues and responsible would be engineering dept. and not the pilot and can somebody tell me what are CA standered SOPs under these cicumstanses ????
Yes, that's why I said that either the landing gear wasn't deployed and no alarm set off, or pilot forgot to deploy landing gear (and again no alarm set off)

In both the cases, it's understandable to not declare emergency. The youtube videos I have watched where the pilots go for belly landing knowingly, this is what the landing looks like from inside the cabin.. which the survived guy didn't mention. What I am amazed about is that even the second time the passengers were not notified to brace for impact and we see landing gear deployed in the final moments of the plane.

If you go through this video, there is a mention of over one hour of struggle and multiple rounds to deploy the failed landing gear and only after that the pilot decided to go for belly landing. Sadly, this wasn't witnessed in this case..

There was nothing wrong with the engine or the landing gear, the plane reached Karachi from Lahore without any incident. All the problems started after botched 1st attempted landing, hitting the runway, scrapping and damaging the engines. There were no mechanical problems, the only technical issue was with the pilot's approach and execution.

PIA has a long track record of technical issues in past how many have been punished?
frankely i am feeling this investigation has ended even before it started through intentionally creation of pilot error narrative

most likely either the pilot landing check failed or the indicator showed landing gear green.. and when the hit hard on the runway thats why they lifted up again but the damage was already done..

the surviving person mentioned that there were screams and crying of folks when he gained conciiusness, unfortunately, most of the people incinerated or passed out due to smoke inhalation with 30 sec or less..

The pilot didn't follow any SOP , but why?

But Sir, if the Captain was not following the modus operandi, why didn`t the co-pilot tell him or correct him? Or perhaps the AC was on autopilot and they both were trying to catch some afternoon nap?

But Sir, if the Captain was not following the modus operandi, why didn`t the co-pilot tell him or correct him? Or perhaps the AC was on autopilot and they both were trying to catch some afternoon nap?
These matters are looked at during the official investigation.
Also why the pilot was coming so hot and high.
Was there an equipment malfunction?
There are always many reasons of a plane crash, not just one.

I don't get it, i have seen ATC with binoculars that visually confirm the approaches.. why the ATC didn't tell the pilot that the gear is up?

I don't get it, i have seen ATC with binoculars that visually confirm the approaches.. why the ATC didn't tell the pilot that the gear is up?
That only happens on request. ATC has a lot to do , they can't sit with binoculars watching every plane and doing what they pilot should be doing.

Airbus experts visit PIA plane crash site in Karachi as probe opens

AP | Dawn.com Updated May 26, 2020

5ecd155553f25-jpg.635712

Airbus experts arrive at Karachi airport for the PIA plane crash probe. - Photo courtesy: Radio Pakistan

These teenagers are Airbus experts?

WTF?

On different note:

1. PIA probably has nothing to do with this accident since it looks there was no technical fault
2. Airbus will come under a lot of fire now because they put critical gearbox on bottom of engine which is a huge single point of failure. Airplanes are supposed to have redundancies so this is a massive design flaw by Airbus. Boeing does not have this design flaw on their planes.
3. Pilot will probably be at fault for many reasons.

Biggest winner of this incident is PIA because they did not cause any technical fault like everybody assumed.

Biggest loser of this incident is Airbus because now everyone knows A320 has a massive design flaw which inherently makes it an unsafe plane in the wrong situation.

Pilot fucked up big time, but this incident could not have happened on a Boeing 737 because of a major Airbus A320 design flaw.

Last edited:
These teenagers are Airbus experts?

WTF?

Who knows dear .... Maybe just for the need, a random picture was found and published....no? :what:

Who knows dear .... Maybe just for the need, a random picture was found and published....no? :what:

Or like they say....
Age is no guarantee of efficiency, and youth is no guarantee of innovation.

Who knows dear .... Maybe just for the need, a random picture was found and published....no?
Sir, Dawn has captioned that photo with "photo courtesy: Radio Pakistan"

Also found this clip that contains the same group:

Back
Top Bottom