What's new

PHOTOS: First IAF C-17 Arrives At Indian Base

Another 2 are expected in the next 6 weeks, i really admire the Americans , they do deliver on time if not before.

We should buy more American where possible. They are great at meeting deadlines.

And they are great at imposing strings, changing their friends and backstabbing

Agree in part but bro- this is the mindset of pre-mid-200s. It'd take somthing quitr spectacular for the US to impose sanctions on India again in the context of the world we now live in. Having said that, look at what India is doing- now no large frontline equipment, only transports and small arms. Even if imposed, the sanctions wouldn't destroy India's war-fightighting capability.

- now no large frontline equipment, only transports and small arms. Even if imposed, the sanctions wouldn't destroy India's war-fightighting capability.
What about those attack Apaches? And pardon my ignorance, but what happened to the howitzer deal?
Anyway, wont sanctions hamper troop and equipment movement if forces rely on these transports during time of conflict?

What about those attack Apaches? And pardon my ignorance, but what happened to the howitzer deal?
Anyway, wont sanctions hamper troop and equipment movement if forces rely on these transports during time of conflict?

Of course sanctions would affect India's military capabilities but it wouldn't entirely decapitate them in the same way as if the IAF had US fighters as their backbone. But like I said sanctions are not an entirely plausible threat to India these days so it is needless to bar the Indian military from getting the best hardware out there.

+M777 deal for the IA will be signed later this year AFAIK.

Beauty and THE BEAST!!!

Beast with beauty

Of course sanctions would affect India's military capabilities but it wouldn't entirely decapitate them in the same way as if the IAF had US fighters as their backbone. But like I said sanctions are not an entirely plausible threat to India these days so it is needless to bar the Indian military from getting the best hardware out there.

+M777 deal for the IA will be signed later this year AFAIK.

Thats right, but don't forget we have selected US engine for Tejas, though even then the sanctions won't affect us as they would, had we selected Super Vipers/ SH

how are they landing these things :cheesy: :undecided:
is there some kind of "automated landing program" , something like "auto pilot" ??

This was the plane in Superman Man Of Steel ! That and F35 was advertised. America uses propaganda but does so in a balanced and cool manner!

Welcome C-17! This can lift almost 80 tons. :woot:

India has ordered 10 of this Beast.:yahoo:

General characteristics

Crew: 3: 2 pilots, 1 loadmaster
Capacity:
102 paratroopers
158 troops with palletized and sidewall seats or
53 troops with sidewall seats (allows 13 cargo pallets) only or
36 litter and 54 ambulatory patients or
Cargo, such as an M1 Abrams tank,[179] three Strykers, or six M1117 Armored Security Vehicles
Payload: 170,900 lb (77,519 kg) of cargo distributed at max over 18 463L master pallets or a mix of palletized cargo and vehicles
Length: 174 ft (53 m)
Wingspan: 169.8 ft (51.75 m)
Height: 55.1 ft (16.8 m)
Wing area: 3,800 ft² (353 m²)
Empty weight: 282,500 lb (128,100 kg)
Max. takeoff weight: 585,000 lb (265,350 kg)

Powerplant: 4 × Pratt & Whitney F117-PW-100 turbofans, 40,440 lbf (180 kN) each
Fuel capacity: 35,546 U.S. gal (134,556 L)

Performance

Cruise speed: Mach 0.74 (450 knots, 515 mph, 830 km/h)
Range: 2,420 nmi[176] (2,785 mi, 4,482 km) ; 5,610 nmi (10,390 km) with paratroops[180]
Service ceiling: 45,000 ft (13,716 m)
Max. wing loading: 150 lb/ft² (750 kg/m²)
Minimum thrust/weight: 0.277
Takeoff run at MTOW: 7,600 ft (2,316 m)[176]
Landing distance: 3,500 ft (1,060 m)

This was the plane in Superman Man Of Steel ! That and F35 was advertised. America uses propaganda but does so in a balanced and cool manner!

ya I think F-35 first introduced in die hard..... but ya the American show their machines and tech through Hollywood.... Awesome m f@ckers...... best I would say transformers

Off the top of my head, the C-17 has been in the following Hollywood flicks:

Transformers
Act of Valor
Man of Steel
Dear John
how are they landing these things :cheesy: :undecided:
is there some kind of "automated landing program" , something like "auto pilot" ??
More than likely- such features are present on Boeings commercial aircraft and have been for some time. I don't see any reason for such a system to not be on the latest C-17.

Back
Top Bottom