What's new

Petrol Price increased 25 rupees. Petrol Price now 237

In the UK Diesel is higher than Petrol consistently for the last umm.. forever i think..
Same in gulf region or in Bahrain.
Diesel is more expansive than petrol maybe because of commercial use of diesel.

IMO the removal was because of the appointment of the next Army Chief.

Then this removal was not to protect national interests but to stop a PM from exercising his constitutional power? An Engineered move to dispose off a sitting government whose performance was yet to be seen after completion of their tenure.

You also have to understand that this instability was engineered by Imran Khan. Can anyone in his/her right mind claim that Pakistan can continue to provide subsidies on petroleum products, electricity etc.? Corruption was higher under PTI than any previous regime, inflation was higher too but nobody is a traitor. Treason too has become a political word and is applied as a choice whereas nobody in Pakistan is a traitor.

Did Imran Khan know since long that he is going to face NCV? If not then how did he engineer this instability and why it only surfaced in few months after his removal?

I don't disagree that there wasn't any corruption in previous government but what is the plan now? Do you see any seriousness? I don't, saying IK did this doesn't help.

yet they are not close enough
Let’s just settle for 400- why not?
FB_IMG_1655373785890.jpg

Any speculation on the next hikes?? I’ve heard shit really gonna hit fan in july

Off topic:

I’ve heard alarming news from relatives regarding Qurbani animals having some issues (cows?) so many that some mosques are refusing to do the large animal sacrifices…..any truth to this?

I don't understand why it is so hard for you to fathom the fact that it was Imran Khan who committed removal of all subsidies which he reneged but Government of Pakistan CANNOT! And hence we are paying for Imran Khan's landmine which he left for Pakistanis by first committing to IMF on removal of all subsidies on petroleum products and electricity and also to add taxes and levies on Petroleum products and then slashing prices instead of honoring the terms with IMF and keeping in line with the rising oil prices.

It is a special kind of a cheat and lowlife who defends Imran Khan's actions with lies and deceit. You are proving to be that special.
So your favorite PDM govt can do new and better agreement with IMF. Who is stopping them?

Then this removal was not to protect national interests but to stop a PM from exercising his constitutional power? An Engineered move to dispose off a sitting government whose performance was yet to be seen after completion of their tenure.
As are most such moves; when previous PM's were removed, they too were removed legally but because of malafide intentions. My opinion is also that Imran Khan had dug the country's finances into the ground and perhaps the powers simply grew tired of Imran's repeated failures. But, again, these are my opinions (other then the financial mess) and not based on facts.

Did Imran Khan know since long that he is going to face NCV? If not then how did he engineer this instability and why it only surfaced in few months after his removal?

I don't disagree that there wasn't any corruption in previous government but what is the plan now? Do you see any seriousness? I don't, saying IK did this doesn't help.
Sh. Rasheed has admitted that IK knew 4 months in advance that he was going, he also said that I categorically told Imran that the NCV would succeed. So there are signs everywhere that Imran knew he was going. Why else on earth would he give subsidies on petroleum products & Electricity when he had just committed to the IMF that even existing subsidies would be withdrawn and that additional levies would be imposed? With rising Oil prices globally and the USD continuously getting stronger, from where could we have funded the difference while at the same time begging IMF for a mere 1 Billion USD?

As for the current crisis, this Government is playing a clown act and we are getting the brunt. They should either have not come into power and gone for elections or should have been prepared to make tough calls right from the get-go and should have announced 100% removal of subsidies and 20% addition of levies on all petroleum products and electricity to comply with IMF. After that, IMF program would have started and the USD would have come down from 190 to 175-180. I don't know what the hell is going through Shahbaz Sharif's mind, if anything at all.

So your favorite PDM govt can do new and better agreement with IMF. Who is stopping them?
New agreements can only happen when we comply with our past commitments. Even PTI agreement was fine in general but Imran Khan actually reneged on our sovereign commitment to IMF and that is simply not acceptable globally.

I believe they are unable to calculate/ prorate fuel used for minibuses and vans and just club that into commercial use and then look at skewed data set of personal use petrol only to arrive at that landcruiser figure. In the field of Stats one would call that "head up ones a$$".

I tried to find the stats for fuel usage by sector in transport, public vs motorcycles vs cars etc...and there was no figure anywhere.

If the governemnt does not have the data, it cannot make any decision, and you will see these adhoc measures...POORAY DO HAZAR RUPAY!

If you had read it afterwards, you would have read that I talked about whining too much by middle class folks although they don't suffer much. Since you whined, I'm guessing you are a typical middle class type, here is an advice, get a cheaper internet connection and save some money. You are gonna need it for petrol.

I am priveleged enough that the recent inflation and price hikes do not affect me, but I do see those around and feel for them.

Can't say the same for you unfortunately.

No that's the lie being peddles.

Russian Ambassador himself self they are ready to sell oil if the current Pakistan gov approaches them.

After the visit Russia and Pakistan agreed. The letter was written by Pakistan on Russian demand so work on a formal agreement can start between the companies in Pakistan and Russian oil companies.

The imports were through a 3rd party which is a strategic partner of both Russia and Pakistan ( most likely China) as Russia is moving away from dollars. So an alternate payment system was in works through China.
Bhai what I said, I gave reference of the statement of Finance Minister under PTI. Ambassador's do make statements that is pleasing to public, its their job. Why ignore something that does not suit you.

Student pays tribute to his teacher............................

1655383172519.png

New agreements can only happen when we comply with our past commitments. Even PTI agreement was fine in general but Imran Khan actually reneged on our sovereign commitment to IMF and that is simply not acceptable globally.
So when PTI govt raised electricity prices as per IPP agreements done by previous govts you Bughaz Imranis called him incompetent. Now all of a sudden Imran Khan is incompetent because he didn't raise prices as per IMF agreement. While current pdm govt is competent because it's increasing prices as per IMF agreement. What a bunch of hypocrites we are dealing with here
🤣🤣🤣

Any speculation on the next hikes?? I’ve heard shit really gonna hit fan in july

Off topic:

I’ve heard alarming news from relatives regarding Qurbani animals having some issues (cows?) so many that some mosques are refusing to do the large animal sacrifices…..any truth to this?

Before the end of the month.

We are right now at breakeven, is kay upar govt wants PDL and GST too.

Back
Top Bottom