What's new

Peshawar to Karachi - Estimated HSR Cost: $33 billion.

I mean why not Turkey they are doing HSR pretty quickly not asking for Pakistan to start setting HSR projects
Yes, but they also see the madness in Pakistan. If they invested would it be immune to TLP type shenanigans?

plus I think first the RCD train that connects Iran,Turkey,Pakistan should be expanded and infrastructure upgraded on the Pakistani side
That is never going anywhere. They have Islam Republic [but with Shia bent] and we have a Islamic republic with Mullahists roaming with extreme hatred for Shias. This sectariand divide means you can forget about RCD. It had gasp of year in the days of secular Ayub Khan, Shah of Iran and Turkey. Those days are gone. Now we look through the sectarian prism.

Yes, but they also see the madness in Pakistan. If they invested would it be immune to TLP type shenanigans?

That is never going anywhere. They have Islam Republic [but with Shia bent] and we have a Islamic republic with Mullahists roaming with extreme hatred for Shias. This sectariand divide means you can forget about RCD. It had gasp of year in the days of secular Ayub Khan, Shah of Iran and Turkey. Those days are gone. Now we look through the sectarian prism.

I mean the IRI does not want any issues with Pakistan its the sectarian crap coming out of Islamabad that prevents the RCD from reaching full potential, well as for TLP goons all off them fap to Erdogan I mean Pakistanis seriously fap to this dude and its cringes a lot Turks out so why not say Turkish bhai Muslim chumma ummah stuff to ease it in.But Pakistan has to make sure economic co-op with Erdogan continues cause his time is up and when he is gone a more center govt will look to Pakistan a lot different

Economies are built on railways.
You now what happened to motor way routes in Pakistan?
It's ALL wasted money.
Lack of planning is Pakistan's basic issue and influence of politicians over it's routes second issue.

I mean if those ummah chumma dudes hate China and CPEC so much and croak about the Uighurs why Not Turkey oh wait its not Muslim enough despite Erdogan being the more right wing President they had and their issue with their Kurds I wont be suprised when Turkey and the Western Press have a fit see all those ummah chimmah dudes say EBIL TURKEY KILLING KURDS

Yes. 200 million people and growing. Most of that population is laid out in linear model and this HSR would run through most of the population nodes.

The benefits are obvious and no point in even enumerating. But the risks are divided into -

1. real
  2. perception
Leaving the real the perception investors have about Pakistan is very, very poor. From investment point of view Pakistan is percieved as marginally better then Afghanistan. Therefore I cannot percieve of a private investor or consortia of investors bothering with sinking $33 billion into Pakistan which would give phenomenol returns over the long term but from POV of investior would be almost gambling. Pakistan is a destination most investors stay well clear off especially where the returns are over the long term. The country is seen as fragile, weak, lawless, full of extremism and bursting with chaos which is not something that investors like. The recent events with TLP are good example that go to reinforce the nehative view of Pakistan across the globe.

I can easily see a TLP type frenzied mob blocking HSR operations, burning trains or tearing track along various points as they did with the motorway network. Given there are plenty of other destiniations that are attractive but percieved as stable like Vietnam, India, Bangladesh etc I can't see this happening. Not at least until extremism is resolved and the state ensure due process of law on all marauding idiots like Rizvi.

That leaves investment hinged on strategic interests. This can only be China but the Chinese have already investing in CPEC and I don't see them extending that to HSR. Their investment are driven by strategic calculus and no more.

That is my few pennies on the subject.

I agree with you, the reason Pakistan economy is stagnant is because investors both foreign and local don't want to invest their hard earned money in Pakistan, and i can't blame them. As soon as you google Pakistan news you get pics of terrorism and unhappy people.

upload_2018-11-19_8-23-7.png

When you google Australia news, this is what your get

upload_2018-11-19_8-26-59.png

If you ignore the useless images you are left with images happy people

So why would any sensible person want to invest in Pakistan? If Pakistan ever wants to prosper then it will need to get rid of all these extremism, fanaticism and social injustices. Best example of successful Muslim countries in my opinion is Malaysia and Turkey

Snapshots of Economies of Malaysia, Turkey and Pakistan

upload_2018-11-19_8-34-28.png
upload_2018-11-19_8-34-39.png
upload_2018-11-19_8-34-51.png

I agree with you, the reason Pakistan economy is stagnant is because investors both foreign and local don't want to invest their hard earned money in Pakistan, and i can't blame them. As soon as you google Pakistan news you get pics of terrorism and unhappy people.

View attachment 520380

When you google Australia news, this is what your get

View attachment 520381

If you ignore the useless images you are left with images happy people

So why would any sensible person want to invest in Pakistan? If Pakistan ever wants to prosper then it will need to get rid of all these extremism, fanaticism and social injustices. Best example of successful Muslim countries in my opinion is Malaysia and Turkey

Snapshots of Economies of Malaysia, Turkey and Pakistan

View attachment 520382View attachment 520383 View attachment 520384

Bollocks. We have had FDI through some of the most tumultous years

http://boi.gov.pk/foreigninvestmentinpakistan.aspx

You are building a false narrative that fits your biased world view. This is a shameless attempt at congregational mullah bashing by the usual liberal gang on PDF.

Bollocks. We have had FDI through some of the most tumultous years

http://boi.gov.pk/foreigninvestmentinpakistan.aspx

You are building a false narrative that fits your biased world view. This is a shameless attempt at congregational mullah bashing by the usual liberal gang on PDF.

Which city are you in, i will come over and we can go out and ask random people what image of Pakistan do they have and will they want to invest in any business venture in Pakistan, I will even make a video and we can share it here, agreed?

Which city are you in, i will come over and we can go out and ask random people what image of Pakistan do they have and will they want to invest in any business venture in Pakistan, I will even make a video and we can share it here, agreed?

This is not how FDI comes into the country. I have now known two different CEOs, one Australian, one British, both of whom have expressed a desire to visit Pakistan, and both love the cricket.

Qatar financed a thermal power project with China already so why not? Sorry you seemed insecure in a sudden.

Profit making thermal project isn't as risky as $33b which will loss money.

This is not how FDI comes into the country. I have now known two different CEOs, one Australian, one British, both of whom have expressed a desire to visit Pakistan, and both love the cricket.

hmmm thats not the answer to my question, plus desire to visit a country for the love of cricket doesn't mean FDI either, but a good image and stability is paramount if you want FDI. I put my offer again, tell me where you are and lets go and make a video of responses of general public about Pakistan.

Oh another thing, i have had so many people ask me why the people are angry in Pakistan when the court has found the Christian women not guilty. What do i tell them that our highly educated and compassionate mullah want to see the true Islamic principle of fairness applied

Last edited:
Improve the existing rail I would say (as first imperative)...it is good low hanging fruit for ROI return.

HSR is really when you get past 5k, 10k per capita GDP and even then you got to truly compare it with air travel etc normalised to your population density demand structure (Eastern China, Western Europe, Japan...it all is a combination of things adding up to why HSR makes sense there...compared to say North America, Russia etc).

Out of interest, how much freight in Pakistan (when travelling from North To South) is conveyed by rail versus road versus river. Anyone have some estimates/numbers?

@waz @django @Indus Pakistan @Oscar @Chak Bamu @anant_s @That Guy @farhan_9909

hmmm thats not the answer to my question, plus desire to visit a country for the love of cricket doesn't mean FDI either, but a good image and stability is paramount if you want FDI. I put my offer again, tell me where you are and lets go and make a video of responses of general public about Pakistan.

Oh another thing, i have had so many people ask me why the people are angry in Pakistan when the court has found the Christian women not guilty. What do i tell them that our highly educated and compassionate mullah want to see the true Islamic principle of fairness applied

You should be smart enough to get the answer - you can do it on your own. But don't underestimate the CEO's interest. They both do software, and software only requires people sitting in nice offices, or even remoting in from home. You are simply underestimating our potential for exports.

Yes, tell them boldly and confidently that people are really angry with Western interference which hangs like a pall over the Supreme Court's judgement. Tell them if Aasia is indeed innocent, she would be safer without their governments poking their noses where they don't belong.

Improve the existing rail I would say (as first imperative)...it is good low hanging fruit for ROI return.

HSR is really when you get past 5k, 10k per capita GDP and even then you got to truly compare it with air travel etc normalised to your population density demand structure (Eastern China, Western Europe, Japan...it all is a combination of things adding up to why HSR makes sense there...compared to say North America, Russia etc).

Out of interest, how much freight in Pakistan (when travelling from North To South) is conveyed by rail versus road versus river. Anyone have some estimates/numbers?

@waz @django @Indus Pakistan @Oscar @Chak Bamu @anant_s @That Guy @farhan_9909
Roads, followed by railways. No freight transport by rivers. Our rivers are either dry or no infrastructure in place for any kind of transport activities.

Roads, followed by railways. No freight transport by rivers. Our rivers are either dry or no infrastructure in place for any kind of transport activities.

Surely at least Indus (past a certain distance) is broad enough and can be made deep enough (if needed) for water freight? It is a very cheap means of transportation. Other rivers I can see being non-perennial/narrow/unfeasible though.

Back
Top Bottom