What's new

Pakistan, China agree to revise cost of ML-1 project

The original estimate was $9.8 billion. Someone is looting Pakistan. Good luck :-)
Did you read that they are going to make major modifications to the original plan to reduce cost estimate ? Just try to spew shit eh as always, you sleazy Indian.

Did you read that they are going to make major modifications to the original plan to reduce cost estimate ? Just try to spew shit eh as always, you sleazy Indian.

Nice try. the only sleazy folks are the ones signing these inflated contracts, paying and taking bribes. I do not blame the Chinese here. I do not make a dime either way :enjoy:

Nice try. the only sleazy folks are the ones signing these inflated contracts, paying and taking bribes. I do not blame the Chinese here. I do not make a dime either way :enjoy:
Do you have proof that there are bribes and the contract is inflated, otherwise, you are just a sleazy slanderer.

Last edited:
How about corruption in India? The Rafael deal was one such example that cost India €216 million per aircraft. Money could have been saved and used to build toilets.

good news as we desperately needed this rail line
but depend on how they do it
(if its electric or not?, is it fenced?, wb freight train)

on its own its a great project (way more important than lot of BS highways, metro trains etc)

We need 4-5 things to help solve our CAD issues

Ml-1 (electric, fenced, with a good freight system)
A huge network of public transportation based on electric busses throughout the country from big cities to small cities
Electric motorbikes
encourage solar panels for household consumptions
hydro, nuclear, coal for commercial & industrial consumption

Last edited:
Pakistan and China have reportedly reached a consensus to revise the cost of the Mainline-1 (ML-1) project to approximately $6.6 billion, with an amended project design slated for submission to Pakistan by October 31.

ML-1 comprises a 1,872-kilometer railway track connecting Karachi to Peshawar traversing Sindh and Punjab provinces. The project involves upgrading and doubling the track, laying a new one with an improved subgrade for speeds of up to 160 km/h, all as part of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).

According to a report by Dawn, Pakistan’s Communications Secretary, Khurram Agha, who leads the Joint Working Groups (JWG) for Aviation, Railways, and Infrastructure within CPEC, along with Railways Secretary Mazhar Ali Shah, is scheduled to attend a JWG meeting in Beijing. The purpose of this meeting is to finalize cost estimates and address associated matters.

If agreed by both sides, the adjusted cost of the ML-1 project will stand at around $6.6 billion, a notable decrease from the earlier estimate of $9.8 billion due to delays. This cost revision is attributed to China’s flexibility and modifications in project design, coupled with Pakistan’s willingness to independently develop certain segments, further contributing to cost savings.

An official announcement regarding this development is expected during the forthcoming visit of Pakistan’s caretaker Prime Minister, Anwaarul Haq Kakar, to China on October 18. During this visit, he will participate in annual events related to China’s One Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).

In addition to the cost revision for the ML-1 project, China and Pakistan will also discuss four previously delayed projects, including the Mirpur-Muzaffarabad-Mansehra Motorway, Zhob-Dera Ismail Khan Motorway, and Babusar Top. Formal negotiations on these projects are scheduled to take place during JWG meetings in the coming week.

These developments were reviewed during a recent meeting on CPEC projects, where the caretaker Minister for Planning and Development, Mohammad Sami Saeed, urged all ministries and divisions to expedite CPEC projects.

Best thing going to happ3nd after long.. very good project. China later gona connect with pakistan via train

It is about connectivity between 250 millions with 1.3 billions. With rest of world..... I dont mind spending 50 billion on this project.
It will reduce burden on our Motorways and roads. Which was destroyed by nato trucks in Afghanistan war.. train load will help our eco economic system.
If you get connected with central Asia. Good train system will help and safe us billions. This train system can reach Afghanistan and other central Asian countries

Last edited:
Best thing going to happ3nd after long.. very good project. China later gona connect with pakistan via train

It is about connectivity between 250 millions with 1.3 billions. With rest of world..... I dont mind spending 50 billion on this project
Honestly bro, we dont even need to connect with china - its a good project on its own as it'll connect the whole country

just look at this
ml-1.jpg
13112123c1f0064.jpg

Honestly bro, we dont even need to connect with china - its a good project on its own as it'll connect the whole country

just look at this
View attachment 956035View attachment 956036
Bro.. the amount of pressure our motorways have from 70z model turks with extra load. **** man. I was watching a documentary that truck leaves from karchi port and reach torkam boder and Afghanistan do not allow that truck to enter in their country untill that turk unload half of its load. They already implemented system to not allow the truck to carry extra load. They have very logical answer about extra load. They say these over loaded turks will destroy our roads.

But I am afraid amaraicns will not allow asim munier to do that. As asim munier is prostitute of usa and west. As we all know امریکن ambassador is running the show in Pakistan. He in ful inchrage of Pakistan.

Costs always go up they do not go down ( Inflation and the constant danger of under estimating complex civil projects ).
If you rip more than 30% of ML1 costs then it can mean only one thing.
Ml1 will not do the job it was meant for.

Think on of what that means, and its inevitable consequences. [ An expansion of debt and a white elephant that did not achieve the project objectives ]

Of course these warnings fall on deaf ears in Pakistan until the bailiff is knocking at the door

Last edited:
How about corruption in India? The Rafael deal was one such example that cost India €216 million per aircraft. Money could have been saved and used to build toilets.
I have no arguments here. Purchase price of Rafale was ridiculous.

Of course Indian government will state the following
they really need the Rafales to counter Pakistan & China. it is the best alternative out there.

Of course I would point out they are not begging money to purchase Rafales

You may be right !!!
Isn't it fortunate that India has the money to do both.

And look Ma, no IMF.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom