What's new

Permanent UNSC Seat for India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its time the world realizes India's role as a major global player. US, Russia, France have been quick to realise that. A permanent seat in UN Security council is India's right. I believe we will succeed just like we did at the NSG where India became the only country in the world to be able to carry out nuclear trade without being a signatory to NPT.

And about resolutions. you people can honk all you want about Kashmir. India has been smart enough to project Kashmir as a bilateral issue. Resolutions don't need any consideration, similar case was with China in the 90s when it was removed from UN pertaining to its action on North Korea. Believe me You should be delighted India has never done that. If they could manage a seat despite resolution against them. I'm India can fare immensly better.

What is VETO for??? India ain't going to get permanent seat in UNSC dream on...China will always VETO it..Beg for it even than China will slap u back with VETO...

Its time the world realizes India's role as a major global player. US, Russia, France have been quick to realise that. A permanent seat in UN Security council is India's right. I believe we will succeed just like we did at the NSG where India became the only country in the world to be able to carry out nuclear trade without being a signatory to NPT.

And about resolutions. you people can honk all you want about Kashmir. India has been smart enough to project Kashmir as a bilateral issue. Resolutions don't need any consideration, similar case was with China in the 90s when it was removed from UN pertaining to its action on North Korea. Believe me You should be delighted India has never done that. If they could manage a seat despite resolution against them. I'm India can fare immensly better.

it is not that simple....south asia is a flashpoint...much as we'd like to believe...pakistan is not seen as the culprit by many nations...esp by france and to an extent britain(which sees the resolution of kashmir as it's penance)
...not to mention china....
so giving india the power of veto...would be tilting the scales totally in the favor of one country against it's smaller rival...

it is not that simple....south asia is a flashpoint...much as we'd like to believe...pakistan is not seen as the culprit by many nations...esp by france and to an extent britain(which sees the resolution of kashmir as it's penance)
...not to mention china....
so giving india the power of veto...would be tilting the scales totally in the favor of one country against it's smaller rival...

Rightly said.

In addition, China may also consider the consequences as to its territorial dispute with India and Tibet separatist movement issue, by considering that those separatists choose to have their headquarter in India: will putting India in UNSC help to resolve or aggravate the pain?

Rightly said.

In addition, China may also consider the consequences as to its territorial dispute with India and Tibet separatist movement issue, by considering that those separatists choose to have their headquarter in India: will putting India in UNSC help to resolve or aggravate the pain?
u must remember India has recognized Tibet, India is just providing a safe stay to a spiritual leader! China wont be a problem I feel.

First clear up the case of more than 3000 Muslims dead in Gujarat Atrocities and crimes against humanity by India...thousands of Sikh's murdered by Hindu govt....Persecution and killing of Christians...85,000 confirmed killing of Kashmiris in occupied Kashmir.. how in the hell are Indians thinking about Sitting among Perm Members of UNSC...more over funny thing is Indians violate each and every International law and charter when it comes to Kashmir and Muslims and then Beg VETO powers to back them for UNSC Permanent Member. As i said before Chinese VETO is ready anytime every time...

India is truly the largest HYPOCRISY of the world.

They cry for a permaent UN seat but goes against every single UN resolution on Kashmir.
How much more hypocritical can a country get?

sir

With great power comes great responsibility! if India get UNSC membership. I hope and i am sure at U.N.S.C level India will only support south Asia when needed. It will a big boost for this region and we should look at it positively! and for Pakistani members who think India will go against Pakistan- remember there are other more members too. and all of their votes count! but i hope it wont come to that.
cheers

UNSC gets very little done anyway due to the veto ability, one more member will not help this.

Agreed - more veto power members will only increase the deadlock, not make it a more efficient organization.

More permanent members, but without Veo perhaps ..

Pakistan's only concern in this lies with a continued territorial dispute and violation of UNSC resolutions by the nation lobbying for a permanent seat.

If Kashmir is resolved, you will likely find us supporting your bid quite strongly.

excuse me but cut the crap when u say With great power comes great responsibility! first clean up the mess in ur home that u created.....As said before VETO by China is ready...

sir luftwaffe,
Mess is everywhere not just in India even a developed country like usa is messed up with its hate mongering thought about Islam, and as for UNSC seat, Its well known fact that India will get it , if you and me like it or not. VETO or no VETO.
just be logical - what harm can India do to Pakistan even if India become UNSC member.Pakistan is not your 250 yard ka plot in suburbia!!!!! Its a sovereign country with a pretty good defense of its own and a big population.

India must first follow the UN resolutions of Kashmir then talk about being a permanent member of the organization. Its hypocrisy on india's part to want to have permanent seat in UN without following its resolutions.

Yaar don't compare ur maha India with Amreeka for God Sakes..when will u Indians Learn..And I am Certain No UNSC perm membership for India and VETO stops this process totally so u don't make sense when u say without VETO. Kiddo Pakistan is my 350 yard stretching towards occupied Kashmir:))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom