What's new

People of Telangana Region Demanding Seperate State

I fully support dividing tha bigger states into smaller states...as it will facilitate faster deploment ...and better administration......the regional politcs will become week...and central controll will become strong.... for the sake of better governance its better to have not more than 15 districts in one state....beyond that state becomes prone to biases..and favouratisim......My take...lets divide the state...and put effective government in place.

Telangana tense, KCR's health deteriorates further

Press Trust Of India
Hyderabad, December 09, 2009
First Published: 13:50 IST(9/12/2009)
Last Updated: 17:31 IST(9/12/2009)

Print

Tension mounted in Telangana region of Andhra Pradesh today with fasting TRS Chief K Chandrasekhara Rao's health deteriorating further and Hyderabad resembling a fortress ahead of intensified protests from Thursday to press for a separate state.

Parliament also conveyed its concern over the situation and members urged Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to intervene and defuse the crisis immediately and persuade Rao to withdraw his fast.

Chief Minister K Rosaiah flew into Delhi for talks with Prime Minister and Congress President Sonia Gandhi to discuss the current situation as Singh called a meeting of political parties to try and defuse the situation.

On the 11th day of his indefinite fast demanding a separate Telangana, doctors said Rao was showing signs of protein malnutrition and should call off his fast failing which his condition would further deteriorate.

"He is very weak and should resume oral feeds immediately failing which his general condition would deteriorate further which has been communicated by the team of doctors to Rao and his family members," a health bulletin issued by the Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS), where he is admitted, said.

"He is showing signs of protein malnutrition in the form of decreased protein in blood and is becoming weaker," it said.
Telangana tense, KCR's health deteriorates further- Hindustan Times

People of Telangana Region Demanding Seperate Homeland

Funny title!
The title may have nothing to do with reality, but if it helps someone sleep well, it shouldnt matter!

Guys i am in hyderabad ,one of my friend is doctor at NIMS he said KCR is having idli & sambar in bathroom:hitwall:

Guys i am in hyderabad ,one of my friend is doctor at NIMS he said KCR is having idli & sambar in bathroom:hitwall:

If I am not mistaken, there was some controversy regarding this on the second day of his fast itself. :P ..looks like he is doing all these for his ambition to become the CM of telengana. :angry:

As someone belonging to AP how do you see this and how is the public sentiment there? Does he have enough support the from people of telengana?

You could be right. Apologies for the error. i may have mistaken this group for one of the dozens of other insurgencies/seperatist groups active in the country. Show the minister the new Angus Beef sandwich they are offering at McDonalds; may make him end his hunger strike :D

:cheers:

How convienet one changes the original post title from BBC "Indian politician on hunger strike" to "People of Telangana Region Demanding Seperate Homeland". And call it an error and play innocent ?

Breaking news guys central govt accepted to initiate seperate telangana process...................kcr no need to go to bathroom for idli & sambar:cheers:

If I am not mistaken, there was some controversy regarding this on the second day of his fast itself. :P ..looks like he is doing all these for his ambition to become the CM of telengana. :angry:

As someone belonging to AP how do you see this and how is the public sentiment there? Does he have enough support the from people of telengana?

Bro i dont belong to telangana but people really wanted seperate statehood and sentiment is strong but its unfortunate someone like KCR is benifitting from this any way i congratulate telangana brothers for their success

Jai hind
:cheers:

Centre concedes demand for Telangana state

Buckling to pressure, the Centre conceded to the demand for a separate Telangana state for, which the process will be initiated and an appropriate resolution will be moved in the Andhra Pradesh Assembly.

The decision was taken at a late night meeting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had with Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister K Rosaiah after two rounds of consultations in the Congress Core Committee with Sonia Gandhi and senior Cabinet colleagues.

“After these consultations, I am making this statement. The process of forming the state of Telangana will be initiated. An appropriate resolution will be moved in the State Assembly,” Home Minister P Chidambaram told reporters.

The Centre and the Congress party were forced to take such a step after further deterioration in the health of TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao, whose fast-unto-death entered the 11th day on Wednesday and tensions simmered in the entire Telangana region apprehending the worst.

Though Chidamabarm refused to specify when the resolution will be moved, it is expected to be tabled tomorrow in the State Assembly.

For creation of the state, both the Houses of Parliament have to pass a Bill. Chidambaram said the Central Government was concerned about the health of Rao and requested him to withdraw his fast.

He said the Chief Minister has been requested to withdraw cases filed against leaders, students and others after November 29 this year, when Rao began his fast-unto-death in Khammam.

Rosaiah, he said, has informed the government that he will take necessary steps. The Home Minister also asked students to withdraw their agitation.

The Hindu : Cities / Hyderabad : Centre concedes demand for Telangana state

This is crap....if there is genuine need for creation of a separate state THEN DO IT..However what's the point of creating it when a moron like KSR sits on a hunger strike(which is controvertial - his actions on 2 day) and make a hero out of him....Bloody politics...... I think the kids learning geography would be cursing center govt...Now they have to deal with one more name when it comes to number of states....:rofl:

On a serious note there are many poverty striken area in our country...Guess what if they all follow this example...Anyways i am not aware of the gravity of situation and Telangana problems so i will keep mum...though must admit on the facade it looks like blunder to me...

Last edited:
TRS chief K Chandrasekhara Rao on Wednesday night broke his 11-day-old hunger strike after the Centre accepted his demand for a separate Telangana state.

Rao broke his fast after accepting a glass of juice from TRS ideologue Jayashankar at the Nizam’s Institute of Medical Sciences.

With tears in his eyes, a frail-looking Rao said in a feeble voice that he was thankful to Congress president Sonia Gandhi, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and the Leader of the Opposition L K Advani and leaders of all other political parties for supporting the cause of Telangana statehood.

Mr. Chandrasekhar Rao said TRS would help the families of those who were killed for the cause of Telangana.

He thanked all those who took part in the present spell of Telangana agitation.

Asked how Mr. Rao reacted immediately on learning about the Centre’s conceding to the demand for Telangana statehood, his daughter Kavita said “he just smiled. He did not say anything to us. May be he did not have the energy to say anything”.

The Hindu : Cities / Hyderabad : KCR breaks fast

Soon the Bodos will start agitation for Bodoland ..

That's why here is no telengana
That idiot is just trying to be telengana CM.

he doesn't have enough public support for his cause.
And its been diminishing.
Don't get to involved discussing state matters, Its practically the Dirt and grime of Indian politics.

Though I don't think that I need do show the Indian politicians' character here on PDF. but this guy is doing all this just because to survive in the Cong. dominated state. :taz:

the centre said it will initiate the process at its own discretion.It only made him to end the fast

Before that he would be dead due to indefinite :P as today his condition was serious

If he really want to die for Telangana, he can choose the swift methods. All this is done by him to empower his weakening party in Telangana region (only place were they have some support).

Yes, he do. but he was loosing it very rapidly (recent elections were just a glimpse). Hence, he done all this drama.

@Mods:

Please change the topic of this tread to "People of Telangana Region Demanding Seperate <delete>Homeland<delete> State"

Back
Top Bottom