What's new

Pentagon won't commit to Afghanistan troop withdrawal by May, says Taliban are not honoring commitments to US

pentagon does not have the option of backing out. it was them who went on their knees crawling to the afghan taliban begging for a treaty.

Pakistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Turkmanestan, Turkey, China, Russia and Iran should recognize Taliban government and let them lose on US forces in Afghanistan. I'll see how long they it takes them to stay non-committed.
You seem to have this idea that all the nations you mentioned are all on the same side, and against the US.

How does this end then?
What does America have to gain from this perpetual war??

How does this end then?
What does America have to gain from this perpetual war??
Its politics. Biden knows that if the US leaves, and the taliban take over, it'll damage his credibility at home.
There's no money to be made in Afghanistan at this point. It's just US politics at this point, which is preventing a complete withdrawal.

Biden administration was against withdrawal. That is why Trump hurriedly recalled half the troops before he left. I don't think Biden will withdraw till his term expires

The USA is writing her own death warrant.....

"We were fighting against God" - Winston Churchill following the debacle at Gallipoli
Can you source where you got that quote from? I can't find it.
Biden administration was against withdrawal. That is why Trump hurriedly recalled half the troops before he left. I don't think Biden will withdraw till his term expires
I think he will withdraw he'll just extend the date a bit, and say that he extended it for security reasons, and to get the opinions of the generals in charge. In reality, it's probably just gonna be a political stunt to withdraw, but also make it seem like he was undoing trump's damage.

And loss of life and limbs which they never really report.
Its politics. Biden knows that if the US leaves, and the taliban take over, it'll damage his credibility at home.

There's no money to be made in Afghanistan at this point. It's just US politics at this point, which is preventing a complete withdrawal.
Do you think Biden will change his tone once settled into office. Trump also came hustling and bustling. Then quited down.

Didn't America make an Inspector General to assess why US failed in Afghanistan. Which was made public. So keeping just that document in view American government should raise concern to end war in Afghanistan.

And loss of life and limbs which they never really report.

Do you think Biden will change his tone once settled into office. Trump also came hustling and bustling. Then quited down.

Didn't America make an Inspector General to assess why US failed in Afghanistan. Which was made public. So keeping just that document in view American government should raise concern to end war in Afghanistan.
It depends. He clearly can't rush things, as he's presented himself as a careful and deliberate president, one that doesn't just operate on whims. I do believe he'll try to withdraw sooner rather than later, but he'll need support from his party first. The progressives in the democratic party will back his withdrawal, but it's the old guard that are more hawkish that he'll need the support from. If he can get Pelosi on board, then he will be free to withdraw any time he wants.

Back
Top Bottom