What's new

PDF Warning Points and Bans

I read the other posts and still couldn't understand if your question has been answered or not...Maybe it's because of my bad English. Could you explain to me if you understood the current system ?
@Blue Marlin , say if you have 3 active points you will get a week ban, as per the OP. Even when your ban expires the points will last to the given amount of days. Say you were warned for inappropriate language-that infraction will last till 40 days. And within the 40 days if you get 2 more infractions, you will get a week ban and the given infractions will have to time out to expire. If more than 3 infraction points are active at the same time the ban time will be extended automatically. Any more confusions?

Inappropriate Language - 1 point - 40 Days - extended
Insulted Other Member/Nationality - 1 point - 40 Days - extended
Trolling - 1 point - 40 Days - extended
Posts of No value/Off-topic - 1 point - 1 Month - extended
Repeated Violations - 2 point - 40 Days - extended
Other Rules - 1 point - 1 Month - extended

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/pdf-warning-points-and-bans.427038/page-2#ixzz46FvoHp2d

:)

You can get a warning point just from saying "cardiac arrest".....

View attachment 301029

But a Pakistani Think-Tank can come into Indian section and say "fvck all the Indians" which was the situation we had a few a days ago in Turkish section. His posts will be deleted and will be allowed to walk away.....

So, there are no definite boundaries when it comes to the rules. You are just at the mercy of the mods's mood.
One-liner trolling is hardly ever ignored. Plus, it is a post of no value and Off topic.

Its ok to have policy but please do choose the Mods wisely. Anyone below 30 should not be selected for serious areas other than members club or sports. After getting the immense mod power, college going students take it as a pastime alternate to first person shooter video games, bans at such a pace pre marking their opponents.
I will take that as a compliment. Don't violate forum rules and stay safe.

Last edited:
@Blue Marlin , say if you have 3 active points you will get a week ban, as per the OP. Even when your ban expires the points will last to eh given amount of days. Say you were warned for inappropriate language-that infraction will last till 40 days. And within the 40 days if you get 2 more infractions, you will get a week ban and the given infractions will have to time out to expire. If more than 3 infraction points are active at the same time the ban time will be extended automatically. Any more confusions?

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/pdf-warning-points-and-bans.427038/page-2#ixzz46FvoHp2d

Understood, thanks.

One-liner trolling is hardly ever ignored. Plus, it is a post of no value and Off topic.
https://defence.pk/threads/jordan-recalls-its-ambassador-to-tehran.427357/

Could you look at the post #2....i'm just giving one example...forum is full of these posts...And i hardly see any precaution taken....But do that in certain sections...and you are gone...like i said before, I accepted PDF as it is....i was just giving a heads-up to a fellow poster.

@Blue Marlin , say if you have 3 active points you will get a week ban, as per the OP. Even when your ban expires the points will last to the given amount of days. Say you were warned for inappropriate language-that infraction will last till 40 days. And within the 40 days if you get 2 more infractions, you will get a week ban and the given infractions will have to time out to expire. If more than 3 infraction points are active at the same time the ban time will be extended automatically. Any more confusions?

I will take that as a compliment. Don't violate forum rules and stay safe.
ok @Sinan wanted to know.

https://defence.pk/threads/jordan-recalls-its-ambassador-to-tehran.427357/

Could you look at the post #2....i'm just giving one example...forum is full of these posts...And i hardly see any precaution taken....But do that in certain sections...and you are gone...like i said before, I accepted PDF as it is....i was just giving a heads-up to a fellow poster.
We are not robots, we can't go through every post and every thread. Have you reported any such posts violating forum rules? don't you think that is the real problem here?
Secondly, a poster is usually pre-warned, but we have many posters who do not take such warnings seriously and continue to violate forum rules and you still expect us to give a pre-warning. Maybe so the poster can ignore it again and go on to make the same violations. You need to be harsh at times.

We are not robots, we can't go through every post and every thread. Have you reported any such posts violating forum rules? don't you think that is the real problem here?
Secondly, a poster is usually pre-warned, but we have many posters who do not take such warnings seriously and continue to violate forum rules and you still expect us to give a pre-warning. Maybe so the poster can ignore it again and go on to make the same violations. You need to be harsh at times.

Both you and HRK...are asking me questions....for what purpose ?

I'm talking about the situation and i'm not interested in excuses....PDF has this situation even the mods are using one-liners, insults, insinuating posts. Casual posters are far more worse and you can see this in every post in ME section for instance. Instead of creating solutions, you (as mods ) are blaming the situation on posters.

You know, in some forums, they are perma-banning people, for just using an one-liner or for broken English....You have every tool at your disposal, if you want to restore the order you can do it. But you are not doing it with the fear of less posts & less threads & relatively less posters = less site traffic = less money.

I mean why would you let Markuss ? An obvious racist troll who had been countless times, and does the same trolling, racism over and over again...Why because more traffic that is.

Both you and HRK...are asking me questions....for what purpose ?
Why do you have a problem with an infraction you haven't received? Primary purpose was to insult mods on PDF, we get it. We don't get paid for anything, we can't go around every thread. Do us a favor please report these troll posts.
Please ask @cabatli_53 about the different problems faced by mods and the amount of work mods do to keep this forum clean. We can't do a perfect job but we try.
Casual posters are far more worse and you can see this in every post in ME section for instance. Instead of creating solutions, you (as mods ) are blaming the situation on posters.
Posts are made by posters. Who else to blame if not the posters? how many of these posts have you reported? you did not even report the post you referred me to. What's the point of 'Report' button? if you are not reporting these posts, please do not complain.
I mean why would you let Markuss ? An obvious racist troll who had been countless times, and does the same trolling, racism over and over again...Why because more traffic that is.
His case is in review, you wouldn't have to worry much about him.

Why do you have a problem with an infraction you haven't received? Primary purpose was to insult mods on PDF, we get it. We don't get paid for anything, we can't go around every thread. Do us a favor please report these troll posts.
Please ask @cabatli_53 about the different problems faced by mods and the amount of work mods do to keep this forum clean. We can't do a perfect job but we try.
Posts are made by posters. Who else to blame if not the posters? how many of these posts have you reported? you did not even report the post you referred me to. What's the point of 'Report' button? if you are not reporting these posts, please do not complain.
His case is in review, you wouldn't have to worry much about him.
Reporting is useless....it doesn't change the general attitude of the posters in PDF....There was a time where i used to report people...but after reporting the same guys again and again, just to see them returned after a week of ban and continue to their same attitude.............

If reporting system is so fantastic, how can you explain the current situation of the forum ? Am i going to fix all of the forum by reporting people left and right ?

When i signed up, PDF was superb, multi quoting, people dissecting the subject and giving detailed explanations, showing sources to back their claims, mods removing off-topic, post of no values....it was all good.

Now it's the exact same opposite, reporting system doesn't work...if there is a problem mods tell you to open a thread in GHQ where they won't even bother to answer......and all blame goes on to posters.....i mean, you run the show here....it's like PM and his cabinet blaming their citizens for the current state of the economy....

If reporting system is not working;
- You can somehow promote the reporting system and encourage people to use it more.
- Increase the number of Mods, appointing them to troubled sections.
- Expanding the authority of the title holders

You can think of something...but not doing anything is not fixing the problem. And i know you as mods won't lift a finger...because of the reasons i pointed out on my previous posts.

How would one know how many points he\ she has received?
Can there be a separate link in the personal profile or in the alerts showing how many times one has been banned?

I'd like to know this as well , and if they can be reset after a certain amount of time if you are good :D '

:pop::flame::pop:

Hi, when someone gets perma-banned....is it standard policy to delete every post he/she has made?

It is making for some disjointed conversations in some threads.

wait,you dont get paid?:o:
then what's you incentive to do this extra work?
Why would we get paid for anything? :lol: Though i agree with the point made, we should be paid :angel::whistle:.
Just kidding, it's fun.

Warnings - Ban Length

3 points - 7 days
4 points - 2 weeks
5 points - 1 month
6 points - 2 months
7 points - 3 months
8 points - 4 months
100 points - permanent

Hey Webby, do you mind telling me why was I banned this time for many weeks? It seems like every-time there is an IK movement, you people ban certain members who counter your propaganda and speak the truth. I am considering terminating my account here as this place has become useless. Other forums may be opened to support freedom of opinion. So before I terminate my account, I wanted to ask you.

I also reported a few really bad posts against certain members of the IK clan where they were engaged in clear violations of the forum rules. Please do let me know what "justice" you guys did to them as I've never seen any of them banned. I don't have hopes to get an answer from you, but I'd like to see how much civilization is left in your team so let's see what comes out.

Thanks,
Viper!

Hey Webby, do you mind telling me why was I banned this time for many weeks? It seems like every-time there is an IK movement, you people ban certain members who counter your propaganda and speak the truth. I am considering terminating my account here as this place has become useless. Other forums may be opened to support freedom of opinion. So before I terminate my account, I wanted to ask you.

I also reported a few really bad posts against certain members of the IK clan where they were engaged in clear violations of the forum rules. Please do let me know what "justice" you guys did to them as I've never seen any of them banned. I don't have hopes to get an answer from you, but I'd like to see how much civilization is left in your team so let's see what comes out.

Thanks,
Viper!
They banned @Norwegian too :)

Back
Top Bottom