What's new

PDF Warning Points and Bans

ok so if get 3 points and get the week ban then would those 3 points be removed or will it remain untill one more is added which will result in a 2 week ban.
what about complete idiots who just need to go sinbin asap?
can users get more than one point for an offence?
what about terror sympathisers, sexual harassment, all out trolling, religious/ethnic hate mongering.
also what about posting pics of dead bodies? i have seen a few and reported it and there are not banned which is what was said before you even make the post.
@WebMaster
Inappropriate Language - 1 point - 40 Days - extended
Insulted Other Member/Nationality - 1 point - 40 Days - extended
Trolling - 1 point - 40 Days - extended
Posts of No value/Off-topic - 1 point - 1 Month - extended
Repeated Violations - 2 point - 40 Days - extended
Other Rules - 1 point - 1 Month - extended

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/user-bannings-and-infractions.92654/#ixzz45yl1DV7v
what about complete idiots who just need to go sinbin asap?
can users get more than one point for an offence?
They can be dealt with accordingly, we do have custom options too. And yes to the second question.
what about terror sympathisers, sexual harassment, all out trolling, religious/ethnic hate mongering.
Custom ban.
also what about posting pics of dead bodies? i have seen a few and reported it and there are not banned which is what was said before you even make the post.
Members are usually pre-warned, no infraction points.
So how do we know how much points we've accumulated?
You are warned through PM. That is in most cases.

Inappropriate Language - 1 point - 40 Days - extended
Insulted Other Member/Nationality - 1 point - 40 Days - extended
Trolling - 1 point - 40 Days - extended
Posts of No value/Off-topic - 1 point - 1 Month - extended
Repeated Violations - 2 point - 40 Days - extended
Other Rules - 1 point - 1 Month - extended

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/user-bannings-and-infractions.92654/#ixzz45yl1DV7v

They can be dealt with accordingly, we do have custom options too. And yes to the second question.

Custom ban.

Members are usually pre-warned, no infraction points.

You are warned through PM. That is in most cases.
Can a banned member access his PM and check the reason he's banned for?

Earlier there was options to know the details of active infractions like date of expiry etc... ...is it still there?

I don't get the 100 point permanent. I mean if you are getting banned for 4 months for 8 points then at 9 points it's another 4 months 10 points 4 months by the time you get to 100 points it'll have been 30 years :rofl:

I think...or hope he meant 10.

Its kept hundred points by design to ensure that people don't end up getting permanently banned for repeat offences which do not warrant a permanent ban. You'd be surprised how many people manage to rack up over 10 points on one thread alone.

@WebMaster @HRK

Can I open a thread with a list of banned members ; in the members club

That list can be updated as and when one of your friend gets banned

Since yesterday many Indians have got banned

So I was searching for all those guys who got banned ; so a list would help

Banned and unbanned people keep fluctuating constantly, keeping a list would be really cumbersome. They'll be back soon enough, don't worry.

... keeping a list would be really cumbersome.

It could be automated :
The banning authority posts name, offense and duration in a Ban list thread &
before re-gaining posting privileges, offenders would have to post in the list thread.

Stephen can then have fun keeping an up to date compilation in another thread ...
although personally, counting banned Indians and assorted trolls would put me to
sleep even faster than the more conventional sheep!

Just Sayin', Tay.

Last edited:
Warnings - Ban Length

3 points - 7 days
4 points - 2 weeks
5 points - 1 month
6 points - 2 months
7 points - 3 months
8 points - 4 months
100 points - permanent

how can i collect 100 points quickly, I am getting sick of HRK's daily warning and one of these days he is going to get a peace of my mind

Earlier there was options to know the details of active infractions like date of expiry etc... ...is it still there?

No, that feature is gone. I will be looking to bring it back.

Banned and unbanned people keep fluctuating constantly, keeping a list would be really cumbersome. They'll be back soon enough, don't worry.

We could have a ban list, available for users to check. Do we need it?

If i may add and if its possible, the list should contain the latest incident for which the points tally moved up and result is a ban.

As we all here are for good time, the forum more than just common pool of knowledge sharing has also become a hub of friendship across borders... This may help us talk, sort and possibly make our friends aware of what they are doing wrong bcz of which they get banned repeatedly.

A case in point is abingdonboy . He had avoided all the other sections since his last ban which got over early april, to avoid any controversy. Now since he is banned latest for 2 months, surely the mods would have some good reasons to take actions. But in the same time, if such a list carries his name and the issue latest for which he is banned, surely we all can talk and at least try to make an effort to change the thing which creates such issues in the first place...

He is a good contributor in the Indian section but owing to his 2 bans certainly the management perhaps believes in issues with his contribution which are against the forum rules/decorum. And i am sure ppl like @nair @MilSpec @Taygibay @Vauban can of course contribute and advise him to make those small corrective changes to avoid such issues again.

I am not saying we will be successful but owing to the fact that PDF has helped us build lot of friendships, we might be able to make small differences here and there and make the community better.

if it is possible, i would perhaps request the above mentioned sirs to check with mods if his ban time can be reduced and perhaps you all 4 can have a discussion/conversation with him to advise the changes needed. of course if its case of blatant violation and negative ratings, i would surely not like my request to be even considered but in other cases, perhaps look for a correction chance.

Not only for him, but may be for many other members who can be given a counselling and a chance to amend ways.. of course failing which this kind of chance wont get repeated ever again for any individual and no pardon would be granted in future,

If i may add and if its possible, the list should contain the latest incident for which the points tally moved up and result is a ban.

As we all here are for good time, the forum more than just common pool of knowledge sharing has also become a hub of friendship across borders... This may help us talk, sort and possibly make our friends aware of what they are doing wrong bcz of which they get banned repeatedly.

A case in point is abingdonboy . He had avoided all the other sections since his last ban which got over early april, to avoid any controversy. Now since he is banned latest for 2 months, surely the mods would have some good reasons to take actions. But in the same time, if such a list carries his name and the issue latest for which he is banned, surely we all can talk and at least try to make an effort to change the thing which creates such issues in the first place...

He is a good contributor in the Indian section but owing to his 2 bans certainly the management perhaps believes in issues with his contribution which are against the forum rules/decorum. And i am sure ppl like @nair @MilSpec @Taygibay @Vauban can of course contribute and advise him to make those small corrective changes to avoid such issues again.

I am not saying we will be successful but owing to the fact that PDF has helped us build lot of friendships, we might be able to make small differences here and there and make the community better.

if it is possible, i would perhaps request the above mentioned sirs to check with mods if his ban time can be reduced and perhaps you all 4 can have a discussion/conversation with him to advise the changes needed. of course if its case of blatant violation and negative ratings, i would surely not like my request to be even considered but in other cases, perhaps look for a correction chance.

Not only for him, but may be for many other members who can be given a counselling and a chance to amend ways.. of course failing which this kind of chance wont get repeated ever again for any individual and no pardon would be granted in future,

He is generally a good member, i will take a look at him.

No, that feature is gone. I will be looking to bring it back

That feature will a good addition, as there will be clarity for the posters, and they themselves know the reason for ban and period of ban.....

I agree he contribute a lot to this forum with his knowledge and passion.......I do not know why he has been banned, I agree that his posting style is a bit aggressive, and that invite lot of trouble.......

Posters are intimated once they receive infractions???? or is there a mechanism to intimate them on ban, like which post and the reason????

Back
Top Bottom