What's new

Patriots of Pakistan who did not join military, do you ever feel depressed?

Patriots of Pakistan who did not join military, do you ever feel depressed that you did not join?

What is your plan now that you know a war is coming, how are you planning to help the military/country? how are you preparing yourself?

Edit: So many people are taking it the wrong way, guys I know that there are other methods to serve the country. I meant to ask what are your plans if the country is actually fighting a war.
Dear hold your horses.
There is always the fear for war yes, but there is no immediate war coming. Try less listening to fake YouTube channels and fake news.
And the only way you can help you country is by following rules and let the army and police and intelligence do their work.
Be a good citizen, work hard, help others, volunteer if you have enough time.
Please don't be depressed.
That's bad for you. I don't know what you mean by the post except tell that you are depressed.
Not everyone gets to do what they want. Even if you would have joined army. You would not fighting battles like they do in Hollywood or bollywood.
Their life is dull and mundane just like yourself. They also follow orders and obey their superiors.
I don't know why young kids get this notion that only though army they can help country. You can help in other ways. You can help through pm corona relief tigers if you have enough time and brave enough.

I meant to ask what are your plans if the country is actually fighting a war.
In old times when people have shortage of men, they recite locals to fight. Not anymore. We keep large armies to avoid this.
In case of wars we fund our armed forces, support them by keeping out of the way and not creating problems for amry by being over enthusiastic, letting them do their own business.
In 65 wars my father's was a child. He hid himself in rural punjab. They dig a trench and hid in it.
My grandmother donated all her jewellery. People were throughing their jewellery from the top of their houses. And they have enough gold to fund the war.
My aunt and daddy's aunts volunteered as nurse though she is a teacher.
All women and men were recruited as nurses. All daughters of politicians, armies everyone volunteer as nurse.
People supply food at homes.
So don't worry.
There are people to safeguard your country. You don't have to bear that burden. While we all appreciate your will to fight for your country but it is not your job. There are people for that, so that you rest assured.
Besides there is no whatsoever danger of war.
Please think less. Be more productive.

Grand father ..... British Army
Uncle (taya) ...... British/Pakistan Army
2 uncles (Phuphas)....British Army
1 Mamoo (Pakistan Army) ... 1971 Prisoner of War
1 Brother Shaheed...Mashallah
1 cousin (son of Mamoo) shaeed in Zarb-Aazab...Masha Allah
1 Nephew (Son of Phuphizad Cousin) shaheed in Zarb-e-Azab.....Masha Allah

I tried to continue on my family legacy but was rejected in ISSB.

@abcxyz0000 since you always want to know about me
just wish we never come face to face in any war

No doubt Pakistan Military is great. But to it's bad luck it was let down by ISI everytime. The Pakistani Military never got the kind of support Indian Military got from RAW.

- PRTP GWD

No doubt Pakistan Military is great. But to it's bad luck it was let down by ISI everytime. The Pakistani Military never got the kind of support Indian Military got from RAW.

- PRTP GWD

haha we Pakistanis are more proud of ISI and then Army, ISI works under Pakistan army command and DG ISI Reports to Army Chief and cannot do anything without his approval...and my friend that is why our army and ISI are both are considered great. RAW works under Political govt and we all know politicians have a different agenda.

haha we Pakistanis are more proud of ISI and then Army, ISI works under Pakistan army command and DG ISI Reports to Army Chief and cannot do anything without his approval...and my friend that is why our army and ISI are both are considered great. RAW works under Political govt and we all know politicians have a different agenda.
why did ISI work against army in 1999 then?

If Pakistan declares Jihad then it would be a duty on every able Muslim to fight.

Unfortunately, Musharaff acted like a true traitor and disarmed the Pakistanis so civilians fighting is not going to be very effective since majority don't have any guns.

If Bajwa and Imran Khan declare Jihad on India then I'll InshaAllah help and join the army and be used as they see me fit. Only they have the authority and so far, they didn't use it.

I won a shooting competition arranged by army when i was in 10th grade. Can shoot any type of guns and pistols since as a Pathan, it was our culture.

I have no regrets about not joining the army. Having lived closer to army and witnessed their lifestyle, i really didn't want to go that route. Besides, i used my talents elsewhere to serve my country.
Are you physically ready, what about mentality. Anyone can shoot after few days of training. It takes months of physically conditioning to prepare a body for war. Mentally, you need to prepare your self to follow orders, work as a unit, even when things are not going good.

Every body in Pakistan is ready to die, question is, are you ready to kill?

Dear hold your horses. Try less listening to fake YouTube channels and fake news.
why are people assuming that I am listening to youtube, I only listen to it for tafseer/tarjuma OR something related to my field (software)...

Please don't be depressed.
That's bad for you. I don't know what you mean by the post except tell that you are depressed.
Thanks, yes, I was depressed, I knew it back when I created this post, anyways I am over my depression now, found something productive to do.

Not everyone gets to do what they want. Even if you would have joined army. You would not fighting battles like they do in Hollywood or bollywood.
I wanted to join as a tech guy, not as a soldier, I wanted to build something useful, like those mirvs that we built or something similar. But I didnt have any guidance or education when I was young to choose a clear path which will get me what I wanted.

I don't know why young kids get this notion that only though army they can help country. You can help in other ways. You can help through pm corona relief tigers if you have enough time and brave enough.
lol, I am not a kid, but I do HAVE some ;) and I have an other venue to help the country/people.

In old times when people have shortage of men, they recite locals to fight. Not anymore. We keep large armies to avoid this.
you could be right, you could be wrong, I dont know, but I believe that if a full scale war actually happened, Pakistan army will need people's help.

Brother there is nothing better than bodyweight exercises. I have been going to gym on and off since I was in 10th grade that was15 years ago but you cant keep it regular when you start working. Plus you cant have gym everywhere. So when I was in university I started doing bodyweight exercises in my campus park gym and believe me I never achieved so much in gym lifting weights. My stamina, endurance and strength increased alot.

Try these exercises at home

My man, thanks for the video, it sent my down a journey, I looked at all the exercises I can do to fix my fat lazy body. I have had great improvements since I started it about a week ago.

Initially I couldn't even do 5 pushups. But I kept at it and increased my pushups by 5 daily.

I can do 45 pushups now.

lets see how far I go.

Every body in Pakistan is ready to die, question is, are you ready to kill?

If the target is a terrorist from india or Afghanistan, sure.

why are people assuming that I am listening to youtube, I only listen to it for tafseer/tarjuma OR something related to my field (software)...

Thanks, yes, I was depressed, I knew it back when I created this post, anyways I am over my depression now, found something productive to do.

I wanted to join as a tech guy, not as a soldier, I wanted to build something useful, like those mirvs that we built or something similar. But I didnt have any guidance or education when I was young to choose a clear path which will get me what I wanted.

lol, I am not a kid, but I do HAVE some ;) and I have an other venue to help the country/people.

you could be right, you could be wrong, I dont know, but I believe that if a full scale war actually happened, Pakistan army will need people's help.

My man, thanks for the video, it sent my down a journey, I looked at all the exercises I can do to fix my fat lazy body. I have had great improvements since I started it about a week ago.

Initially I couldn't even do 5 pushups. But I kept at it and increased my pushups by 5 daily.

I can do 45 pushups now.

lets see how far I go.

Dear its very nice to hear that you have overcomed your depression. It's a very very bad thing. I am telling you from my experience. It can ruin lives. The simpler we take it, the more destructive it turns out .
You don't even need therapies and anti depressants to get over it (though they help) . Finding a good purpose or doing things you want to do coupled with healthy lifestyle and exercise can change the game.
Many people make these kinds of mistakes early on with life (choosing a career etc). Yes you get life once and very few lucky people get second chances. 18 is such a young age making decisions about what you want to do with your life. Not everyone is created equal. Everyone have their strengths. Playing to the strength is the key to success. While many don't sadly. We don't have such systems in place to guide our students into the respective fields etc. In other countries companies or institutions send their representatives to schools for recruitment of the best students or guide how to apply to their particular institution.
Here on this forum I see many kids many threads about eye sight or how to apply in airforce, isi etc. As info is really not avaliable.
Usually parents are not so educated or else too busy to guide their children properly. Yeah this is kind of a delama. Many children choose the subjects they don't like or selected by their parents. Majority accepts and adapt. Few cannot accept it.
We should learn to find other means if some opportunities are missed. You would find you would find many ways to serve your country even if you are not working for the armed forces etc if you want to.
I hope way of coping with depression is really productive. Because you won't help your country or army in any way but doing silly things such as taking up arms and fighting. That's what army do. Civilians don't.

That's not your job dear.
That's what I want to emphesize.
You loose winnable wars by not following the command. Your job is not to fight friend. Your job is to do halal work and support your family. There is army and intelligence to fight external enemies. Police to fight internal enemies. They don't need you. Neither they asked for your help.
Do you really think you alone with no skills, can help people equipped with the best of the best military equipment and skills possible. You would only be a problem for your country and institions. You can send your kids to army too. Don't even think like that please.

Usually parents are not so educated or else too busy to guide their children properly. Yeah this is kind of a delama. Many children choose the subjects they don't like or selected by their parents.
This. my father raised us to the best of his capacity, like any loving father does, but he didn't know much about the field to guide us towards to, he was pretty liberal with what we studied, he would advise us to choose the subjects which he thinks would be useful, but he never forced us to study his subject of choice. He didnt know how we could get into military tech sector, otherwise he would have helped us with that too. I love my father.

I hope way of coping with depression is really productive.
As ALLAH says, "you wont get peace without remembering me". I focused on Ibadat and learning more about my deen.
Other than that I found work to do. I am also doing some exercise. I believe all this is sustainable.

Do you really think you alone with no skills, can help people equipped with the best of the best military equipment and skills possible.

You are talking about the ideal scenario where war will stay at the border. I do not believe that, I believe it will reach our homes. It will get worse before it gets good.

You can send your kids to army too. Don't even think like that please.

I will, I plan to send them to politics, law and military. But lets see what my kids want and how the future turns out.

This. my father raised us to the best of his capacity, like any loving father does, but he didn't know much about the field to guide us towards to, he was pretty liberal with what we studied, he would advise us to choose the subjects which he thinks would be useful, but he never forced us to study his subject of choice. He didnt know how we could get into military tech sector, otherwise he would have helped us with that too. I love my father.

As ALLAH says, "you wont get peace without remembering me". I focused on Ibadat and learning more about my deen.
Other than that I found work to do. I am also doing some exercise. I believe all this is sustainable.

You are talking about the ideal scenario where war will stay at the border. I do not believe that, I believe it will reach our homes. It will get worse before it gets good.

I will, I plan to send them to politics, law and military. But lets see what my kids want and how the future turns out.
You might make follow the drama pattern of ahad e wafa. And make one child pm, one army chief. One isi head, one head of news channel. And by doing you would be the actually establishment we have been talking about. Someone sitting in a dark room pulling strings and controlling our lives.
Anyways this Is a joke. Please don't mind.
You are also taking this too personal. What is said about parents guidence in choosing professions is for the whole society, not particular about your parents.
Besides please follow an authentic sources of ahadees and tafaseer. Not everything avaliable online is right. You better buy books and read them. I found Internet too confusing. You hear little of this and that and usually tid bits and certain part of certain clip taken out of context and sensational thumbnails.

You might make follow the drama pattern of ahad e wafa. And make one child pm, one army chief. One isi head, one head of news channel. And by doing you would be the actually establishment we have been talking about. Someone sitting in a dark room pulling strings and controlling our lives.
Anyways this Is a joke. Please don't mind.

I began laughing even when I read that it was a joke. lol, you made me laugh and my wife woke up :D

You are also taking this too personal. What is said about parents guidence in choosing professions is for the whole society, not particular about your parents.
I didnt say you are focusing on my parents, I just shared a piece of my childhood with you.

Besides please follow an authentic sources of ahadees and tafaseer. Not everything avaliable online is right. You better buy books and read them. I found Internet too confusing. You hear little of this and that and usually tid bits and certain part of certain clip taken out of context and sensational thumbnails.

I have books of ahadith and tafseer in book shelf. I read them. I am well connected to ulema circles to be able to differentiate between fake and real information.

Then who do I listen to online? trusted scholars.
Why? yar sara din laptop per betha rehta hn, to aik tab main youtube chala leta hn.

Patriots of Pakistan who did not join military, do you ever feel depressed that you did not join?

What is your plan now that you know a war is coming, how are you planning to help the military/country? how are you preparing yourself?

Edit: So many people are taking it the wrong way, guys I know that there are other methods to serve the country. I meant to ask what are your plans if the country is actually fighting a war.

Once I got not recommended I did not eat for 3 days later my mom calls a close friend who makes me eat a meal and then later in a few weeks I came out of depression and accept it. Once it's done now so what the army wants? Civilian fights for them now? They are trained and I don't think they want something like that.

Once I got not recommended I did not eat for 3 days later my mom calls a close friend who makes me eat a meal and then later in a few weeks I came out of depression and accept it.

I once heard a story of bhutto as follows:
He once applied for army, but he got rejected in the interview with a general. So... years later, when he became Prime minister, he asked to see the comments that the general had written about him, it was as follows:
"This man is too intelligent to become a soldier, he can be a great politician, but not a great soldier"

So may be you were rejected at the same grounds? anyways, its their loss that they rejected you, you show them ;)

And no, I am not a ppp supporter.

Once it's done now so what the army wants? Civilian fights for them now? They are trained and I don't think they want something like that.
You dont fight for your country because you are pro-army, you fight for your country because you are Pro-Pakistani.

And yes, army DOES want civilians fighting for them... thats how you get mujaheddin, they just do not want these mujaheddin in their own country, they would rather have them in Afghanistan.

Back
Top Bottom