What's new

Pashtuns are the only nomadic group of India who didn't get assimilated by Indians

Charon 2

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Throughout the history of India many nomadic tribes invaded the subcontinent and all of them got assimilated by Hindi culture. The Turks were the last successful nomadic power in India until they got assimilated just like Hunas, Yuezhi, Sakas and other steppe nomads. Pashtuns also belong to this category but the Pashtuns are an exception because they are the only nomadic group who could establish a base in India and Pakistan til today. The ironic thing is that Pashtuns suddenly diasppear in Northern India and Pakistan as an Eastern Iranian speaking people who replace the Turkic rulers of Delhi. They ruled parts of Northern India, Punjab, Sindh and Kyhber Pakthunkwah from 1461-1526 only to be conquered by the Turkic Mughals who ruled India from the 15th-19th century. Well we all know what happened to Mughals. The descendants are either Indians or Pakis today. Pashtuns still speak their native tongue so Indians failed in assimilating Pashtuns.

This means Pashtuns are the only nomadic group of India who didn't get culturally owned by Indians

Err.. Pashtun - Indians.
12dec_dilipkumar-01.jpg

sha7v.jpg

All Indian!!!

They did get assimilated in india. Look at the lodhi of 21st century with origin from india, sahir lodhi
0.jpg

They all look like Indians to me....People in Kerala look like this...whats the difference...

Throughout the history of India many nomadic tribes invaded the subcontinent and all of them got assimilated by Hindi culture. The Turks were the last successful nomadic power in India until they got assimilated just like Hunas, Yuezhi, Sakas and other steppe nomads. Pashtuns also belong to this category but the Pashtuns are an exception because they are the only nomadic group who could establish a base in India and Pakistan til today. The ironic thing is that Pashtuns suddenly diasppear in Northern India and Pakistan as an Eastern Iranian speaking people who replace the Turkic rulers of Delhi. They ruled parts of Northern India, Punjab, Sindh and Kyhber Pakthunkwah from 1461-1526 only to be conquered by the Turkic Mughals who ruled India from the 15th-19th century. Well we all know what happened to Mughals. The descendants are either Indians or Pakis today. Pashtuns still speak their native tongue so Indians failed in assimilating Pashtuns.

This means Pashtuns are the only nomadic group of India who didn't get culturally owned by Indians

• All Humans have nomadic roots
  • All cultures in at least Pakistan, do speak their own language.

Err.. Pashtun - Indians.
12dec_dilipkumar-01.jpg

sha7v.jpg

All Indian!!!

Dilip Kumar is awan and SRK have half dozen origins but not pathan.

You do not know anything about pashtuns. Those who went to UP/Bihar became bhaiyas genetically, culturarly and linguistically. Those who stayed back in their ancestral land remained pathans.

The Lodhis and other Afghans who established their rule over Northren India in 1451, had most probably already lost their pashto langauge and culture. A big portion of Lodhis and other Afghans came to hindostan in 1398 as part of Amir timur army. Timur appointed sayyids as rulers but the governance was dominated by these lodhis and other Afghans. But also many of the Afghans of Lodhi empire were even settled in hindostan before timur invasion. Khiljis and tuqhlaqs also had Afghan nobles and soldiers, one of them is malik shahu lodhi rebelled against muhammad bin tuqhlaq in 1341. I doubt that the Afghans settled in indian during khilji, tuqhlaq and sayyid dynasties , had retained pashto by the time one of them, bahlol lodhi, established afghan rule on india. Bahlol lodhi's grandfather malik bahram settled in multan during reign of feroz shah tuqhlaq and entered into the service of tuqhlaqs. Chances are that founder of lodhi dynasty, bahlul didnt know pashto and was assimiliated into turkic/indian culture and langauge.

Daleep and Shah rukh khan both from inner city of Peshawar, who till this day are Hindku speaking people. They are culturally more close to india than Pashtuns.

Hindko people are not closer to Indians but punjabis. Anything east of sutlej are Indian people.

No not all but the ones in my community, look much better quite frankly. We are lighter, taller, and more muscular and have good features.

Some exemples? I am interested in diversity of India.

Well, I have a few family members who are natural redheads. Plus, most of my uncles are over 6 ft. My wife's side re also giants. Will post pics when I get a chance.

Back
Top Bottom