What's new

Panama leak Case Proceedings - JIT Report, News, Updates And Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharif family has owned these flats since ’90s
34 MINS AGO BY HAMID KHAN WAZIR
nawaz-flats-300x272.jpg

The news report by BBC Urdu regarding Sharif family’s London flats has helped the claims of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) who now say that Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has been left with no option but to surrender before the law of the land.

PTI Central Secretary Information Naeemul Haq, in reaction over the BBC Urdu report, has stated that the report has completely exposed the lies of the premier before the nation.

He said that the PM could have avoided this humiliation had he not lied before the nation.

The BBC Urdu report says that the properties owned by the Sharif family in London’s upscale Park Lane neighbourhood were purchased in the 1990s and there has been no change of ownership since then.

According to official documents available with BBC Urdu, the four flats were purchased in the name of the Nielsen and Nescoll companies.

Naeemul Haq said that Nawaz Sharif has wasted nine months to provide cover to his lies.

“The PM lied on the floor of the Parliament and before the nation; he changed his lawyers time and again to conceal his lies in the apex court,” he added.

Naeem said that despite efforts by the ruling party, they have failed to hide the truth from the public.

He said that Nawaz Sharif has no way to escape accountability, adding that the premier and his family did not take those who published Panama Leaks to the court. He said that PTI will see whether the family will sue BBC Urdu for its report.

According to the documents, an official record of companies doing business in the United Kingdom reveals that when Hassan Nawaz established Flagship Investment Ltd in 2001, the address he provided at the time of registration of the company was that of his Park Lane apartment.

According to the report, Neilson and Nescoll purchased the following flats: Flat 17 on June 1, 1993; Flat 16 on July 31, 1995; Flat 16A on July 31, 1995; and Flat 17A on July 30, 1996. There has been no change in ownership since then.

After the Panama Papers were published, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif’s son, Hussain Nawaz, had accepted the family’s ownership of Nielsen and Nescoll.

Hussain had said: “The Park Lane apartments in London are ours, two offshore companies, Nielsen and Nescoll, own these flats and I am the beneficial owner of these companies, working under a trust held by my sister Maryam Nawaz Sharif.”

Flat 12A is owned by Flagship Investment Company since 2004. Hassan Nawaz is the dfirector of Flagship which was created in 2001, the report added.

@PakSword what defense counsel had to say today? Judges sahibaan na shahbashi de Makhdoom sahib ko unke jirah pay?

PM's lawyers challenged the maintainability of the petition, nothing more, nothing less.

And judges are only doing topi drama... I think in a couple of hearings, petition against PM will be dismissed as not maintainable..

Justice Ijaz Afzal: kiya hum sirf BBC ki report par apni judgment de dein? Ye BBC ki apni zati opinion hai... Sabit karein ke Ye flats 2006 se pehle sharf family ki milkiyat thay?

Justice Sheikh azmat Saeed: tv par tu bachay cartoon dekhtay hain.. Bbc ki report koi thos saboot nahi ... Bukhari sb, thos saboot layein.

This is exactly what Pm's lawyer argued...from what i followed.. Nothing abt panama leaks was discussed today rather jurisdiction of supreme court and article 62,63...tht its vague and cant be applied and supreme court cant give ruling on its basis in this case... Nothing was discussed related to panama or money trail ..only technical grounds were argued

All Hail our azad adliya.... I also think tht exactly this will be the decision...tht PM cant be disqualified on basis of lying..... Judges will say tht PM couldnt show money trail but we cant disqualify him

since matter of Maryam being dependant has not been finalized, as said by judges them selves, and NS name is not in any of panama papers... his lawyer has said that he is not obliged to answere any allegations as none of them are linked to his client....

counsel of Hussain and Maryam will provide the money trail...

its a very good intelligent strategy, as what ever fake money trail is provided by Hussain and Maryam lawyer, it still wont implicate PM....

NS for now is pretty much scot free.... court may disqualify Maryam and Hussain though

Forget about court.. What does your conscience tell you?

My concious tells me that ik shud concentrate on kpk and stop waisting time trying to topple govt... aint happening... he should wait till 2018 ... when i will happily vote for him again from na 122

My concious tells me that ik shud concentrate on kpk and stop waisting time trying to topple govt... aint happening... he should wait till 2018 ... when i will happily vote for him again from na 122

Forget IK and KPK.. I am asking about NS.. Do you still support him? Don't you consider him a liar and a cheater who laundered millions of dollars in those days when he was collecting money from common people in the name of "Qarz Utaro Mulk Sanwaro"?

Forget IK and KPK.. I am asking about NS.. Do you still support him? Don't you consider him a liar and a cheater who laundered millions of dollars in those days when he was collecting money from common people in the name of "Qarz Utaro Mulk Sanwaro"?

I never supported him...me wth family voted for ik in na 122 in 2013... i disagree wth what pti has been doing for past 3 years...
Any disagreement is automatically taken as being patwari and what not

I still remember those days where every one was ready to donate generously in the hope..tht we will be free from debt... Ufffff...

Allah pak nay bara karam kia tha hum par... My father took early retirement in 1998.... His End of Service had to be transferred from US...

We paid token money for a second hand car.. It was my favorite car.. Somehow, US bank identified some difference in authorized signature on the cheque and returned it to the company in KSA to issue another cheque.

It took another two months to clear everything and we lost that deal and the token money.. I was very sad.. But then we got to know that during those two months, Pakistan Government froze the foreign currency accounts in Pakistan.. They fixed dollar rate @ 54 Rupees, but announced that after that cutoff date any foreign currency transferred to Pakistan can be taken out and exchanged at market rate.. The market rate reached 80 later that year.. That glitch in signature saved us from losing a lot... Allah saved us from the evil design of NS government.

One of our relatives who was working in NBP at that time in the head office in Karachi (he was handling our case as well) told us that many PML MNAs (including PMs relatives) has taken out a lot of money out of their foreign currency accounts before freezing foreign currency accounts, and deposited again

I hate this family from that time...

If the movement in certain foreign currency accounts is investigated before government froze the accounts, the account holders (including PM and his family) will be thrown behind the bars (if the case is run in any other country, not in Pakistan).

This action of freezing foreign currency accounts destroyed confidence of overseas Pakistanis so much that many people tried to immigrate in that era... A lot of my father's friends, who wanted to come back to Pakistan, changed their decision and migrated somewhere else...

Allah pak nay bara karam kia tha hum par... My father took early retirement in 1998.... His End of Service had to be transferred from US...

We paid token money for a second hand car.. It was my favorite car.. Somehow, US bank identified some difference in authorized signature on the cheque and returned it to the company in KSA to issue another cheque.

It took another two months to clear everything and we lost that deal and the token money.. I was very sad.. But then we got to know that during those two months, Pakistan Government froze the foreign currency accounts in Pakistan.. They fixed dollar rate @ 54 Rupees, but announced that after that cutoff date any foreign currency transferred to Pakistan can be taken out and exchanged at market rate.. The market rate reached 80 later that year.. That glitch in signature saved us from losing a lot... Allah saved us from the evil design of NS government.

One of our relative who was working in NBP at that time in the head office in Karachi (he was handling our case as well) told us that many PML MNAs (including PMs relatives) has taken out a lot of money out of their foreign currency accounts before freezing foreign currency accounts, and deposited again

I hate this family from that time...

If the movement in certain foreign currency accounts is investigated before government froze the accounts, the account holders (including PM and his family) will be thrown behind the bars (if the case is run in any other country, not in Pakistan).

This action of freezing foreign currency accounts destroyed confidence of overseas Pakistanis so much that many people tried to immigrate in that era... A lot of my father's friends, who wanted to come back to Pakistan, changed their decision and migrated somewhere else...

Yes, this family is a curse.. They froze foreign currency accounts after nuclear tests na? Bas nuclear tests ke naam par apna maal banaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom